SWD and Dragonsbreath

Hey fellow Priests.

Sometimes I duel fire mages, and when I duel them I allways SWD their dragonsbreath (Practicly no mage, even glad ones, try to fake it). However lately I felt like SWD was not breaking Dragonsbreath, at first I figured I was just too quick, but I noted I never managed to break the dragonsbreath. I decided to test and asked a fire mage in my guild to count down from 3 to 1 and then I would SWD and he would dragonsbreath. The dragonsbreath did NOT break.

My question, does any Priest know if this is intented or just a bug? If it is intented I do not see what their reasoning was, since if a Priests SWD's Dragonsbreath it just means the Priest outplayed the mage.

Were you shielded? Unfortunately I've also noticed that you cannot death polys if the damage is absorbed with a shield. Sucks!

I honestly don't think that using the self damage portion of Shadow Word: Death to break effects like this was ever truly intended to begin with, it just seems like a problem with the reaction time between the client and the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayella View Post
    Were you shielded? Unfortunately I've also noticed that you cannot death polys if the damage is absorbed with a shield. Sucks!
    No, as I said I did some testing against a mage in my guild, I did not have PWS active, I ain't that retarded.

I honestly don't think that using the self damage portion of Shadow Word: Death to break effects like this was ever truly intended to begin with, it just seems like a problem with the reaction time between the client and the server.
    Fakecasting was not intented either.

They wanted to remove the selfdamage from SWD with 4.0, but in the end they didn't. This proves that at this point in the game, it is intented.

Deleted
    Actually now works only in dmg that hurts u.When pw:S doesn't work.Also some abilities have a cap in what dmg they can withstand (fear for example).I don't really know about dragons breath mechanics work,but disorient effects preak with even 1 dmg landing on target.So...