Thread: WSG Idea

WSG Idea

I think it would be cool to do WSG with only one flag and it be placed in the middle. Thoughts?

-Gib

I think the team that grabs the flag first would just group together chaining the flag all the way to their room.
    You're a brick filled with more bricks to make a megatron brick that throws bricks at enemy bricks who defend themselves with bricks

I dont like it, personally, I like the current WSG model. With the one you are suggesting it takes half the tactics out of it. At the moment, most of the tactics and teamwork is due to both teams having the flag, your plan would ruin that. While some people dont like that stalemate bit, it undoubtably requires tactics which is good and rare in bgs (RUSH DREK LOLOL WE WIPED).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about the person carrying the flag gets more damage taken as the debuff after certain minutes, and the team that carries the flag long enough wins? say after for instance..15minutes.
    But this wouldnt be anything similar to WSG then <.<
    Last edited by Earthfury; 2010-10-27 at 08:21 AM. Reason: adding something
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

Well you could solve that problem with how you return the flag. You must capture the other sides flag room in order to cap the flag? Or you must capture your own bases flag room to score the flag. Something along those lines.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 08:23 AM ----------

Don't get me wrong I love me some good ol' wsg. Just a thought : P

one flag in the middle??? you mean like eye of the storm?

and they already added in a bunch of stuff to make WSG better...have the flag to long? the FCers take more damage, and you can see the other teams FC on your map...you're fighting a pre-made team way better geared than you, they capped twice and are now just gy camping you? can only last till time runs out.

not to mention the bug fixes of being able to hide in walls/hills, etc.

Would be better to do a new BG with this type of win condition, instead of placing the flag in the middle.

First of all because the middle of WSG is a huge stump tree.
    Secondly because the bases would be kinda pointless, meaning the majority of the terraining would be bad.

Despite that I would like the idea of a 1CTF gametype in WoW (Maybe instead of SotA)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer king of the hill style in wsg. Hold the flag spot (middle) for 3 min and you win.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats too one dimensional it just allows the team with better zerg win the match compared to the current tactics of defense and attack.

Dont try to fix something what is not broken...

There is shitty IoC, Sota and AV for that.

Bad idea, 1 tank + 9 healers = win