Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Speaking of the Release of Cataclysm...

Anyone else notice that Cataclysm is being released on the same day as Pearl Harbor. lol Blizz... lol.

P.S. Thanks Melissa for pointing this out.
    Last edited by Des26; 2010-10-27 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic /facepalm

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Des26 View Post
    there is the fact that the Release is on a Tuesday... so yeah... lol Blizz... lol.
    you DO realize that EVERY expansion, as well as every patch is on a Tuesday in the USA?
    Last edited by Torne; 2010-10-27 at 05:53 PM.

Children are abused and beaten every day
    people are raped and tortured everyday... so really any day they release it on isn't exactly a pure day
    Tauren > you

It would be a conspiracy if it was released in 2011 (60 years after) but this is just coincidence.

Anyone else notice that Cataclysm is being released on the same day as Pearl Harbor. And while I may be willing to suspend my disbelief that this is just a coincidence... there is the fact that the Release is on a Tuesday... so yeah... lol Blizz... lol.

Lmao, I literally JUST texted ChaCha (free KGB service) about this. They said it's because the way the Cataclysm will change Azeroth is much like the way the bombing of Pearl Harbor changed the world. "insensitive, yes. But there you have it." that's what I was thinking too.

Deleted
    nothisshitagain.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    the joys of still not being able to use the search function... Oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    nothisshitagain.jpg
    What this toast with the awesome headgear said. And when I read the OP, I /facepalmed and then /headdesked

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Epic /facepalm

Edit:

you DO realize that EVERY expansion, as well as every patch is on a Tuesday in the USA?
    As well as 99.99% of VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL are released on Tuesdays here.

I did got a weird feeling for reading about lava and volcanic explosions for days, and then with everything that just happened in Indonesia... I don't know, just feel kinda bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Epic /facepalm

Actually WotLK came out on a Thursday. To the OP, the fact that Cata comes out the same day as the Pearl Harbor anniversary has no bearing whatsoever, don't know why people always bring that up.

These kind of threads always baffle me. So what if it's released on that particular day? If it's that significant for you, then just don't get the game that day and wait to play. If it's about the Cataclysm itself, that's happening earlier. Any day of the year will have significance for some people or many people, and it's not their job to release the game on the most inconsequential day of the year. It's your job to order your priorities and play the game then or not.

pick a date that isn't disrespectful or inappropriate and I'll prove you wrong.

the things people will bitch about..

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_7
    In 43 B.C., Marcus Tullius Cicero was assassinated (*GASP* -> ROGUES!)
    In 1732, the Royal Opera House of London was opened (*GASP* -> Karazhan)
    In 1917, World War 1: U.S.A. declares war on Austria-Hungary (*GASP* -> Wars on Azeroth!)
    In 1946, the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia burns down and kills 119 people (*GASP* -> Deathwing kills with fire!)
    In 1966, a fire at an army barracks in Erzurum, Turkey kills 68 people (*GASP* -> Deathwing still kills with fire!)
    In 1988, The Spitak Earthquake in Armenia kills 25000, injures 15000 and leaves 400000 homeless (*GASP* -> Deathwing causes earthquakes!)
    In 2006, a tornado strikes Kensal Green, North West London, damaging about 150 properties (*GASP* -> Tornadoes in Cataclysm!)

Also, on december 7th, it's International Civil Aviation Day (*GASP* -> Deathwing has wings too!)

I'M SEEING A PATTERN HERE, GUYZ! omgomgwtfbbq!!1!!11~

But seriously, it's just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice that Cataclysm is being released on the same day as Pearl Harbor. lol Blizz... lol.

The 7th of December is also:
    The anniversary of murdered students in Iran.
    Henry VI of England is crowned King of France
    Pietro Mascagni, Eli Wallach and Ellen Burstyn's birthday.

There are quite a lot of things that has happened on December 7th.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_7

Just because it happens to be Pearl Harbor as well is a coincidence. The world does not revolve around you, US. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rycul View Post

According to
    In 43 B.C., Marcus Tullius Cicero was assassinated (*GASP* -> ROGUES!)
    In 1732, the Royal Opera House of London was opened (*GASP* -> Karazhan)
    In 1917, World War 1: U.S.A. declares war on Austria-Hungary (*GASP* -> Wars on Azeroth!)
    In 1946, the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia burns down and kills 119 people (*GASP* -> Deathwing kills with fire!)
    In 1966, a fire at an army barracks in Erzurum, Turkey kills 68 people (*GASP* -> Deathwing still kills with fire!)
    In 1988, The Spitak Earthquake in Armenia kills 25000, injures 15000 and leaves 400000 homeless (*GASP* -> Deathwing causes earthquakes!)
    In 2006, a tornado strikes Kensal Green, North West London, damaging about 150 properties (*GASP* -> Tornadoes in Cataclysm!)

Also, on december 7th, it's International Civil Aviation Day (*GASP* -> Deathwing has wings too!)

I'M SEEING A PATTERN HERE, GUYZ! omgomgwtfbbq!!1!!11~

But seriously, it's just a coincidence.
    while i think the OP is an idiot, that doesn't even make sense. it has to do with the date, not just a random event.

edit: nvm. didn't realize those were all december 7th. dur.. my bad
    Last edited by Frostetc; 2010-10-27 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The 7th of December is also:
    The anniversary of murdered students in Iran.
    Henry VI of England is crowned King of France
    Pietro Mascagni, Eli Wallach and Ellen Burstyn's birthday.

There are quite a lot of things that has happened on December 7th.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_7

Just because it happens to be Pearl Harbor as well is a coincidence. The world does not revolve around you, US. Sorry.
    [child mode on]Haha! Beat you to it! =D[/child mode off]

Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostetc View Post
    while i think the OP is an idiot, that doesn't even make sense. it has to do with the date, not just a random event.
    As you may have noticed if you read my entire post, is that those events have all happened on December 7th (Take a look at the URL after "According to", it clearly says "December_7") Also, I pointed out why they would be related to Cata's release date with the boldfaced parts.

One would think that the obviously sarcastic image at the VERY TOP of the post, the last sentence saying "But seriously, it's just a coincidence." and the obviously exaggerated "I'M SEEING A PATTERN HERE, GUYZ! omgomgwtfbbq!!1!!11~" and "*GASP*" would be enough warning signs to inform the reader of the point that I was trying to make.
    But as we can see from your post, you are unable to comprehend these things.

I'm on your side, not the OP's!!! LOVE ME! =(
    Last edited by Rycul; 2010-10-27 at 06:31 PM.
    Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is obviously some Neo-Japanese Imperialist conspiracy. Quickly, to my F6F Hellcat!