Thread: Pmr

Pmr

This season I played Priest, Mage, Rogue to 2400, and the comp was not as overpowered as people perceived it to be. It became a skill and synergy based comp.

I would like to get people's thoughts about how Priest, Mage, Rogue is going to be in Cata and what the "burst" is going to be like.

Also what the counters are going to look like.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, alot of changes happened to the rogue. if he went sub, there is more potential for a lock down giving the mage more of an opportunity to free cast on a locked up target. or if the rogue goes assassination, theres a debuff for increase magic damage, but not as much survivability(oh crap buttons like preparation for another vanish)

i would think of some possible ways a match would go:
    1. rogue goes sub to keep a target locked down, mage goes arcane to melt faces.
    2. rogue goes assassination for magic debuff, mage goes arcane to melt faces even harder. but since he not completely locked down, could be more room for a peel on the mage.
    3. rogue goes sub for lockdown, mage goes frost to melt faces. rogue and mage both have more survivability and utility and can last longer than the sub/arcane combo.

but since its impossible to have everyone on the opposing team cc'ed at once, your always gona see a peel. so i would think sub/frost is gona be the way to go.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2010-10-27 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhands View Post
    This season I played Priest, Mage, Rogue to 2400, and the comp was not as overpowered as people perceived it to be. It became a skill and synergy based comp.

I would like to get people's thoughts about how Priest, Mage, Rogue is going to be in Cata and what the "burst" is going to be like.

Also what the counters are going to look like.
    People still think RMP is still overpowered? Who thinks that?
    It's all wizard cleaves atm.
    But grats on 2400 as RMP.

Anyways in Cata, now that a wizard won't global your rogue, I think RMP will be back to being a top comp, same goes with a lot of melee, caster, healer teams.
    The counter will hopefuly be a better melee caster healer team

Also, it's not PMR, it's RMP, melee first, then caster, then healer, like WLD

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    WLD
    warrior lock druid?

on a side note im feeling the love with shadowfrost in 3s. its hurts.

dont forget everyone can cleanse much of the mage's CC now and resto shaman get a fairly decent heal when cleansing magic debuffs. then again druids are sheepable too which changes things a bit.

should be interesting.