Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Error #132 which addon please help

Hi guys,
    I keep getting error #132 at random times whenever I logoff or out, it only happens when I log never during the game. It only crashers wow and nothing else, goes back to the desktop and i can just reload wow.I have my UI perfectly the way I like it and would really like to avoid deleting the add-on and wtf folder.

My system is rather new and overclocked but I do not have any other problems with any other games. I've played BF2BC2 for hours on end without any problems what so ever.
    I'm at work rightnow so i can;t list all the addons i have that, but I did do a reinstall and then copied the addon and the wtf folder over and still go the problem so it seem that it is one addon or setting somewhere that is cause it. I have updated and deleted some addons.

Here is a link of my error but I can't see where or which addon it maybe.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...708941&sid=1#0

I am running CAT 10.10a drivers also.

Any help would be great guys.
    Thank you
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

I'm thinking this is not an addon problem. They might cause LUA errors but they will not bluescreen your computer and crash wow. I think that is leaning more on the side of a problem with the computer. Perhaps RAM that is causing problems, or something overheating and not functioning properly. You might have better luck in the Computers section I'm guessing. From what I saw this problem is usually only with WoW. I would say try and test without the overclocking and see if it helps.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not getting a blue screen or anything like that, it just crashers wow, my computer doesn't crash or restart I am just put back to the desktop and I can then load wow again without rebooting. I run other games for hours on end without any problems and its not random just when i logoff a toon.

Its been like that for months but its just starting to get annoying now.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Addons can cause WoW to crash, but offhand I'm not sure of the exact reason, other than I'm almost positive it has to do with tables (they are weird in Lua, at least the form WoW uses, in that they are never destroyed, even if normal garbage collection rules state they should be).

Alright well still. Application crashes that generate error reports are going a bit beyond the scope of most addons. Blizzard told you that because they ALWAYS tell people to delete their addons + WTF even if it has nothing to do with it.

I'm betting it's either a video card driver issue or a BIOS issue or a RAM issue.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did a full reinstall of wow and then ran the updates then copied all the addons and wtf folder over and still got the problem.

I have also tried 3 different video card drivers and still get the same thing.

I did check my motherboards memory supported list and the memory i have installed was not on the list. From what i have been reading it could be something to do with the memory. Strange how I have no problems with any other games and its only when I log off.

I can't remember if i did remove all the addons and the wtf folder for a test.

The system is overclocked but I remember testing everything at standard and i was able to replicate the same error. Its just crazy that BF2BC2 is able to run no problems and that is a far more demanding game to run then wow.

And its only when I log, if I do /reloadui it can happen also but I never crash when I zone in to an instance or bgs. So i am thinking there must be something its doing when it reloads that must be causing it. ie reloading an addon but it would have to be doing the same when it exits.

Running windows 7
    Intel i5 quad core
    Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
    ATI 5870
    GSkil 1600 RAM(Maybe the problem)
    Last edited by Decan; 2010-10-28 at 02:47 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just found this on a forum

"same error for me aswell happens when i log off the game crashes and get the ssend error thing but the fix abouve seems to work for me redused View Distance and loged off no problem. how can blizzerd fail so bad every time with a patch?"

I will give that a try and see what happens.

"I switched back to 2 processor's and then tested various addons and found that for me "Chinchilla's Minimap" addon seems to be the cause. I can only assume due to the proximity of a certain aspect easily found in dalaran such as horde players, but with the addon disabled and processor set to 2 or 4 being used it hasn't happened again yet since. "

I do have that addon so I will try disabling that.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 09:29 AM ----------

Success guys!!!

Looks like it was Chinchilla's Minimap that was indeed the cause of the errors. I played last night and changed toons a number of times and didn't crash once.

Thanks all
    Last edited by Decan; 2010-10-28 at 03:20 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're getting lucky, honestly. I had error 132 for a while, and it ended up being a PSU that was shot and incapable of handling my video cards power needs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No good guys seems I was just lucky that night. I am still getting the errors

Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    No good guys seems I was just lucky that night. I am still getting the errors
    Use the windows memory diagnostic tool to test your memory
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

it could be your graphic card, one of my friend have same card or something similar and he have random game crashes in dala. it happens outside of dala too but less often.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don;t think its my Video card as my crashers are not random only when I log off thats why i strongly believe its more to do with the game itself.IDK dam errors... I am thinking of just getting different ram to see if that it.

Deleted
    I used to get Error 132 ALL the time on my laptop, but never on my Desktop. I mentioned it on the forums, the GMs basicly said its an error that has no real reason, it just means some kind of crash. But im betting it was GFX card related.

you dont have to delete your addons to disable them you can just turn them off in the login screen (seeing the blue post) try what blue said =) it might help, this way you also dont have to reconfigure your interface

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will try it again but i am pretty sure I have disabled them all before and got the same problem.

did you also run the repair tool?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did, I also did a full reinstall and tried it, i'm pretty sure when I did the full reinstall that i did without any addons.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 01:21 PM ----------

I'm really thinking it must be my memory, only real way is to get some other memory and try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the addons you are using part of someone else's compilation, or your own UI? I know in the past I've had troubles using some of the imported WTF settings of the UI author on my own system, namely the video settings.

Or are you still crashing with a fresh install and default settings?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its my own, but i will try deleting the config file again and see what happens.

I still got the crash when I did the fresh install yes, I also tried a repair last night again and this new repair tool only took a few min and said no errors detected.

10+ Year Old Account
    clean your fan