Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey i was just wondering if there was anyway i could make the "toggle skada" button be toggle recount and make recoutn show up instead? just a personal preference since i've seen different numbers between the two addons and i trust recount's more.

thanks in advance
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    You know... I'm not very much interested in this UI... but I took a gander, and I have this to say. It's very similar to LUIv3. O_o

Just a bit less refined.

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    Hey i was just wondering if there was anyway i could make the "toggle skada" button be toggle recount and make recoutn show up instead? just a personal preference since i've seen different numbers between the two addons and i trust recount's more.

thanks in advance
    There is in fact a "Toggle Recount" button built in that will show when recount is enabled. You may have to move it in place but it is there.

/kgpanels config > Active Panels > Toggle Recount and just look for its x / y placement or nudge it into place.

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You know... I'm not very much interested in this UI... but I took a gander, and I have this to say. It's very similar to LUIv3. O_o

Just a bit less refined.
    LUIv3 has a lot of custom addons made specifically for the UI and its many hard coded attributes. TUSUI has mostly mainstream addons and a few custom ones I wrote myself.

I think the looks are quite different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syronius View Post
    LUIv3 has a lot of custom addons made specifically for the UI and its many hard coded attributes. TUSUI has mostly mainstream addons and a few custom ones I wrote myself.

I think the looks are quite different.
    Actually, LUI v3 uses many mainstream addons, though it does have a lot of custom code tossed in to alter their appearance. It uses Grid, Omen, Recount, Bartender, ForteXorcist, and oUF by default. It doesn't come with DBM built-in, unfortunately, which I consider to be an oversight, but one that is easily corrected by a quick trip to any of the mod sites.

I think they do use custom code for tooltips, nameplates, and minimap... but the tooltips look very similar to other tooltip mods (I'm still not sure, actually, if it's custom), and their own nameplate code. (i personally disable their nameplates to use TidyPlates)
    Oh, yeah, they use their own bag mod, too. Which I actually don't like, so I disabled that and switched back to Bagnon. And their own casting bar code, which I replaced with Quartz.

So I guess you might say it's 50/50. LUI v3 is, fortunately, very customizable. You can disable their modules rather easily, and replace them with your own mods, and keep the parts you liked.

Eh, you may think it looks different, but maybe with the way I layout my own UI, they do look very similar. The one thing that really stands out as being different, that I couldn't possibly emulate through LUI (via moving things around, changing borders/colors/textures), is how you handle totems.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not saying TUSUI is terrible or anything. I just found it striking how similar they are in appearance.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2011-04-02 at 09:57 PM.

Hey Sham. I'm looking to move the countdown bar around and resize it, but I can't seem to find the right addon that it's a part of.

Also, I'm thinking of reinstalling TUSUI as somethings just aren't working correctly anymore due to willy-nilly curse client usage. If I want to save all my keybinds and macros is there a file or two I should keep around to replace when I get everything back in place?

Lastly, I'm getting a WoW crash when I try to make a new chat window then move it over to the right-hand box you have setup. This is on an alternate toon, one that I didn't actually do the normal "change this folder to your character's name." I have a feeling that I should do this in order to fix this problem. But, Ive been putting it off because I don't want to erase my macros and keybinds.

I suppose I could just take a screenshot and redo it all, but I figured I'd ask a pro first to see if there wasn't a better way! Thanks again for your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Hey Sham. I'm looking to move the countdown bar around and resize it, but I can't seem to find the right addon that it's a part of.

Also, I'm thinking of reinstalling TUSUI as somethings just aren't working correctly anymore due to willy-nilly curse client usage. If I want to save all my keybinds and macros is there a file or two I should keep around to replace when I get everything back in place?

Lastly, I'm getting a WoW crash when I try to make a new chat window then move it over to the right-hand box you have setup. This is on an alternate toon, one that I didn't actually do the normal "change this folder to your character's name." I have a feeling that I should do this in order to fix this problem. But, Ive been putting it off because I don't want to erase my macros and keybinds.

I suppose I could just take a screenshot and redo it all, but I figured I'd ask a pro first to see if there wasn't a better way! Thanks again for your hard work!
    /fx will bring up forte options. Click on 'Cooldown Timer'. In this window you'll see a tiny padlock on the top left as well as a few text boxes on the top right. Clicking the padlock will unlock or lock the bar. Text boxes on the top right will allow precise placements.

To save your macros / keybinds you'll have to go into your WTF folder and copy your 'macros-cache.txt', 'bindings-cache.wtf', and if you want to save your chat settings 'chat-cache.txt'. Now there may be some character specific ones and general ones, so make sure you save them to corresponding folders and such.

Not sure what causes the crash, you could try creating new windows with no addons enabled.

Unhappy

Hey guys was wondering if someone could help me out I can't seem to get my bottom bars to play nice, things are overlapping or the wrong size.

It says I can't post any links

My resolution is set to 1680 x 1050.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezort View Post
    Hey guys was wondering if someone could help me out I can't seem to get my bottom bars to play nice, things are overlapping or the wrong size.

It says I can't post any links

My resolution is set to 1680 x 1050.

Any ideas?
    You'll have to mess around with three main addons. ForteXorcist to move the cooldown bar (thanks Sham!), Dominos for the action bars, and Stuf. The only one you can't access through the interface menu is fortexorcist, so to adjust you'll have to type /fx to get the menu. Just scroll down to the cooldown bar and hit the unlock button in the top left corner to edit it. /stuf will allow you to move your player, target, pet and target's target bars around. Just click on the "toggle drag" and "toggle config" check boxes to move these. OH! The cast bars above the player and target boxes, those are in Quartz which can be accessed through the interface options menu. It should be under the "cast bar" option I believe.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 11:47 AM ----------

Not sure what causes the crash, you could try creating new windows with no addons enabled.
    I just copied the chat-cache.wtf from my main to my alts, that seems to have fixed the problem.

I've got everything back to normal mostly. Although, now, I'm getting a yellow cast bar that pops up on the left side of the screen. Do you know which addon this is?

I've got everything back to normal mostly. Although, now, I'm getting a yellow cast bar that pops up on the left side of the screen. Do you know which addon this is?
    Yellow castbar? You'll have to show me a screenshot.

Here you go! It's the faint yellow rectangle below totem timers.

Last edited by Delanath; 2011-04-06 at 01:58 AM.

Here you go! It's the faint yellow rectangle below totem timers.

Type /framestack and mouseover the bar and see what frames show on the list.

This is what I come up with.

This is what I come up with.

Zip up your WTF and Interface folders and email me them, I'll look into it. Also tell me the character name you're experiencing it on.

Deleted

Question about DXE

Hi Syronius

First of all I wanna say that this UI is amazing. I have been using it since version 2.0 and I am still loving it :-)

I have a question about the raid addon called DXE. It hasn't been updated with the new Cataclysm raid encounters and it seems like the mod author isn't going to update it anymore. A new mod author has taken over the project and DXE is now known as KLE. It is in an early beta stage. Are you still using DXE when raiiding or have you switched to another raid addon? If so could you please upload your config files for the raid addon that you are using?

Thanks in advance.

Hey syro, your solution fixed my grid. Now less of a problem, but more a question... How do I enable a set focus?

I know it auto focuses on bosses... but in cases like the omnitron, I'd like to set focus on arcano to use a wind shear macro. Any solutions to targetting arcano when he's up?
    Last edited by Continues; 2011-04-13 at 08:15 PM.

How do I open the calendar with this ui?
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Shift-Click the clock on the mini map

Deleted
    Wondering which addon controls this:

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnland View Post
    Wondering which addon controls this:

Looks like MSBT? MikScrollingBattleText

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzû View Post
    Looks like MSBT? MikScrollingBattleText
    Hmm sounds right but my MSBT options are all blank, the only tab with anything configurable is the "General" tab

Edit: Nvm got the menu to work now
    Last edited by mmocb234aee19f; 2011-04-17 at 02:15 PM.