Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I used Caith UI some time before 4.0.1
    But it took a bit too much of my computers performance and some parts weren't to my likeing.
    So I scrapped some addons (kgpanels and arena stuff) and added a few others (sexy map and some LDB addons)
    Switched a few addons (msbt -> parrot, added another tidyplate theme, etc.)

And thus came to this:

... I'm a thumbnail, go ahead and click me ...

If anyones intersted just tell me and I can put it up somewhere.
    Oh and if anyone was wondering, I'm an ignorant bish when it comes to updating addons so I let my curse client handel that for me.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2010-10-28 at 08:28 PM. Reason: P.S.

What I use-

Also, clicking.... lolololololol. Especially with unholy dps how it is now. If you really think you can click every 1 second for a 5-10 minute fight then more power to you, but eventually you will slip up and lose dps because of it.

There's LUI, though since you're a clicker you might not be especially partial to it without some tweaking.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...130-LUIv3.html

You could always learn about keybindings, boost your DPS and not be crippled when choosing a UI, but that's just my opinion. People think it's scary going from clicking to keybindings, but if you tried it you'd like it. And it bears repeating that you'll get a lot more DPS out of keybinds.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

bartender, cooldown count, omen and you might as well get recount to see all the people on top of your shabby click dps

I have no problem with people being clickers all the power to you but i don't get why you all get so mad when people say you are losing dps by doing so
    Hi Sephurik

I always hear people say that key binding is better and all this but i never see anyone actually give a legitimate reason why clicking is sub-par. I have been clicking since I started playing this game and not once has it held me back. I consistently top the meters in guild 10 mans as well as 25 man pugs (pre combined lockout). Not taking offense to anything because i'm going to play the way that i feel is best for me, but in order for your argument to have meaning you need factual evidence to support your rational. I honestly cannot find an advantage either way, I just believe it is personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosticles View Post
    I always hear people say that key binding is better and all this but i never see anyone actually give a legitimate reason why clicking is sub-par. I have been clicking since I started playing this game and not once has it held me back. I consistently top the meters in guild 10 mans as well as 25 man pugs (pre combined lockout). Not taking offense to anything because i'm going to play the way that i feel is best for me, but in order for your argument to have meaning you need factual evidence to support your rational. I honestly cannot find an advantage either way, I just believe it is personal preference.
    Because clicking is factually a hell of a lot slower than using keybinds. I used to be a clicker when I first started playing. Since I switched to keybinds not only did my healing and dps increase, but I find that I can focus a lot more on the raid. It's especially nice for tanking. You can focus on the FIGHT, not your BARS. You can hit the correct buttons with your left hand with your eyes closed, but you can't hit the right buttons with your eyes closed (or if you're looking anywhere else on the screen), if you're clicking, no matter how good you think you are.

It's nice you think it doesn't matter, but fact of the matter is, it does. but play the way you want to; no one can stop you or anyone else from clicking.
    Last edited by Willelm; 2010-10-28 at 09:49 PM.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

What is that rune CD mod.

Off topic: I click potions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine:

Pre-4.0.1, obviously, but my layout hasn't changed whatsoever.

The empty space to the far left of my presence buttons is where my pet bar sits. To the right is just extra slots for whatever.

Grid for raid frames, EBB for buffs, Skada for threat and dps, Prat for chat.

Anyhow, there are many layouts, but this one is mine.

I also use a Logitech G13 for my keybindings and movement, with a Razer Mamba as my gaming mouse. I rarely use the keyboard at all.

I don't really get the point of people harassing those who click instead of use keybindings. I don't really see why it should make you lose so much dps as people are pointing out. I myself is a healer so it's basically impossible for me to click because I need to switch target so often while healing at the same time. But mostly DPS don't have to switch targets too often, and neither do tanks. And if you can't slide your mouse to another button for the next attack in time for the GCD to get off then it wouldn't fucking matter if you used keybindings because you are just slow. But how hard can it really be placing your 4-5 most useful spells right next to eaxh other and then the 4-5 most used CD's etc on top of them. And no, most people don't really need to use more spells then that in their rotation so stop whining about it. I don't have any hard feelings towards clickers, but clearly some people here do. And they cannot put out some evidence of it pulling your dps down by far. Just imagine the people that have binds but don't have a latency cast bar such as Quartz so they know when to press the next attack in order for latency to time it perfectly. Those people must clearly be better than clickers with quartz that time their spells perfectly..

Ontopic: I don't know any specific UI's you could use. Most addons are still getting updates so they can work properly for 4.x patches so if your UI is still weird. It will be fixed in 1-2 weeks probably.

TukUI is a very nice addon package btw, quite highly rated by the users. Perhaps it could work for you.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Keys pwn your face

Quote Originally Posted by Frosticles View Post
    Yes, ultimately it does come down to personal preference. Will clicking vs key binding affect your daily playing? Probably not so much. With that said, I'll be in rather rudely by some, key binding will alway provide faster response.

Lets think of it this way. Player 1 (P1) is a clicker, Player 2 (P2) uses key binds. P1 might have their UI set up perfectly for their play style. However, we have to think about the amount of time it will take P1 to move his/her mouse from button to button. Even if P1 has all his/her button location memorized, which most don't, the simple act of moving the mouse creates gaps in response time. Furthermore, if P1 doesn't have button locations memorized. Time taken to look for action buttons once again adds to response time, not to mention overall game awareness.

P2 uses key bindings. It will take less time to tap a key than it would to click the same button (lets not forget about mouse movement time.) Now, if P2 also as his/her key binds memorized they do no have to take their eyes off of the current situation, once again increasing responsiveness.

I'm not trying to say that everyone should use Key Bindings, nor am I saying clicking is brutal and so are those who use it. What I am saying is that there is merit, whether you choose to see it or not, supporting key binding vs clicking. In fact, if you search hard enough I am sure you will find excellent tested and documented data to support this claim.

Hope this helps broaden your view of key binding.

-NK

Bartender is a good mod for clicking ohh yes yes i love clicking(seriusly i do =), alltoe i do use 4-8binds more then that it would halter my dps/tanking yes u heard me xD
    Btw focusing at bar etc? dont u see the whole screen and whats happening on it? only thing that actualy beats clicking is to bind macros, or god i even hate the idea, but yeah stance dance gear up ur 1h and shield =/, its like when i see the addons that helps whit timers/cooldowns/quests/locations/gear score people cant do sutch easy things as see ur abillity bar while ur seeing the boss ur mates and THAT FIRE PATCH UNDER U! now that makes me laugh all them cooldowns and cant even see some spell comming xD anyways, what ever u wana play as, and how u wana play, do it, and let others be, i know i will =)

build ur own mate. it'll take more effort and time but in the end u will have a UI that suits ur style and ur 100% comfortable with.

Hint hint: A clicker usually has 4-5 keybinds for skills he spams and lot's of skills that aren't pushed every ~6s don't need a specials keybind as (in PvE) you can happily shift your mouse over and click it when it's needed.
    I've yet to meet someone that really clicks everything (except healers with healbot... but that's another storry, isn't it?) but I know a ton of people that don't need a keybind for AMS + IBF + Oblit + DnD + Ghoul Sac/Summon + DS + IT + Army + Gargoyle while playing unholy DpS and have absolutely no problem in doing competitive DpS.

Since every kind of DpS gets boiled down to less than 5 buttons and 3 cooldowns (if there even are that many buttons) it wouldn't even be a problem to click one of them each time it's needed.

The most funny part about the whole clicker discussion is that those people that shun "clicking" think of themselves that they are able to interrupt the priest in HoR without having him as target or focus. This is one of the few moments when a "clicker at heart" really has a problem to target the priest and then click the interrupt in time. But hands down for what the current WoW it just doesn't f'ing matter what people do to activate those skills. If a clicker can compete with a keybinder it's not a bad keybinder but a good clicker. All you have to do is think 1s more ahead than the keybinder does.

Someone above said a clicker hasn't memorized his button positions... It's just the same as the keybinder that has to find the action on his bar and then has to check for the keybind he put it on and then has to find the key on his keyboard. Which makes keybinding even more fail than clicking. (Except the clicker can't find his left mouse button...)

I've got keybinds for every skill that I may be forced to use (and I remember all of them, 2/3 are not even visible) and I still tend to click some of my cooldowns even though I know I could ctrl+w to activate it. But I also have to admit, I suck at moving my mouse. Chicken Party is the worst daily I ever had to do, takes me like 500 clicks to get those stupid 12 chickens. So I usually embrace my keybinds as long as I don't have like 5s in advance to use a cooldown. Ah and I usually open my character-screen to click my rocket boots and always use my potions fromt he bag :P

It's one thing to simply say "you click, you suck" (even if you sugarcoat it and don't adress people personally the message stays the same) or to start a discussion about the theme. All those biased "clickers would always be better with keybinds" dude are usually by far worse than the 9 out of 10 clickers...

But anyway, this thread should be two different threads, both in the UI forum, one about clickers being bad and one about a clicker-friendly UI with some love for DKs. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably was already said, but really you will find that a UI you put time an effort into yourself will suit you a lot more than any UI package could, everyone has different tastes and a lot of UI packages aren't flexible unless you can edit the files themselves.

Just download A LOT of addons, everything you think could be useful for you(not sure if Align is still around but it will help you position them evenly). Then start with the more noticeable addons(pitbull/xperl/bar addons/etc) and config those first and work your way down.

Yes, this should be in the UI forum, but it's fine here too since it's specifically related to DKs. The whole "clickers are bad" feeling wouldn't be any different there anyways so it's not a big deal.

p.s. clicking is suboptimal to keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    i use standard ui and i'm a clicker too. i pull more than average dps with both my ret and dk.. i don't get the problem.
    clickers are bad u should delete ur toon also i know a hunter that pulled 18k with 20% icc buff on default ui

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    So I've been searching around for a while, but really can't find an appealing UI that is updated for 4.0.1. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use? I'm a raider and a clicker (*GASP* Yes I'm a clicker, don't hate).
    L2 not click then come back

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    I'm using a custom UI right now but i'd prefer something with more of a raid UI feel to it.
    Sulf, I was clicking when i opened the gates of AQ on my paladin, I was clicking when i downed KT naxx 40, I was clicking when i downed LK 25H, and imma keep on clicking away.
    i highly doubt u clicked ur way to naxx 40 healing and were good at it (pally for nax he said and pallys could only heal back then) and i doubt u dpsed well enought for H 25 LK while clicking and getting out of defile just

update I found his armory lol http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&gn=The+United w8 ago nax 40 and H 25 LK huh?

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    We used to, until we stopped doing ICC 25 in July.
    i dont blame u seeing ur ICC snale pase progression http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...gn=Last+Exiles and clicking is the exact reason ur in a bad guild -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.

http://i5.tinypic.com/2vj1lsh.jpg

Surprised no one has linked Tukui or any of its edits yet.

And a little help on the link would be appreciated.

Fixed your link for ya
    - Kumduh
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-10-29 at 07:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    You obviously don't use RatingBuster......
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Building your own UI will suit you better than any package you can get. I downloaded a package once, I modified it so much now you wouldn't even be able to say "Oh that's X's UI." And it worked for me way better than the package did after I finished screwing with it.
    One addon not updated doesnt = all not being updated.

Downloading and modifying a compilation isnt even close to making anything yourself. Your just editing something that someone else created to better suit your needs. You didnt "build" it, you just changed some things in the config.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Deleted
    Well what I meant is that whoever uses RatingBuster in their package would probably refrain from updating said package until RatingBuster was ready, and Reforging and Mastery was only recently implemented into RaintBuster.

Agree, which is why I dumped the modified package and started from scratch. Several times actually.... Lol.