Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I play with 400-600ms latency, that 0.1 lag on healbot (if it exists, all i see is hearsay and baseless bashing) wont make a big difference on my playstyle, i play by proactively healing, not reacting to health bars moving (although that happens aswell), if im not spamming heals on a tank or people in dire need of health, im casting low cost heals on people that i KNOW will be taking damage (tanks, debuff targets, pre-aoe heal, etc).
    IMO, if you're already playing with high latency, everything you can do to help minimize it will help. Sure, one can take a proactive approach, and one certainly should, but even healing proactively, getting information as soon as possible is necessarily better than getting it delayed. At worst, you'll perform equally without the latency; at best, you'll perform better. Sure, you can even arrange healing assignments to counter latency, but personally, I get frustrated when I know I could have reacted a split second faster and possibly made a difference, so I put forth as much effort as I can to minimize those situations.

Thats not to say the other addons dont have useful features that healbot doesnt, but its all a matter of prefenrence.
    Yes, but it's also a matter of inertia. One gets used to a certain way, and can even get to be decent at it, and it makes one resistant to change. When I first started playing, I didn't hot key anything, I clicked all my spells, and I got to be about as good as one could get with it, and it was annoying to switch to hot keys, but I was ultimately better for doing it. Same thing happened when I first switched to mouseover healing versus target and pressing a hot key, it felt awkward but I stuck to it and I was a better healer for it. And when I finally switched to VuhDo, I had to adjust to seeing the information differently, but I was ultimately a better healer for it.

I'm not saying everyone has to make use of every possible feature, it may not ultimately fit your playstyle, but you'll never know if you don't give it an honest chance. For instance, it took me a while to get used to indicators, but now I understand why so many others said they were better than icons, I've adjusted my style, and I enjoy it. OTOH, I immediately loved some other features, like clusters, and quickly found uses for them.

Yesterday i tried the new vuhdo, took me 10-15 mins to set it similar to how my healbot works (same key and licks, same size bars), but i couldnt make the health bars to look exactly the same, no matter how i tried, the bars on healbot look cleaner on my eyes. They look similar to the default health bar on the skins i setup, but i couldnt get that result with vuhdo, ignoring that aesthetic detail, i healed 3 heroics on my druid using it, but couldnt stand the way it display HoTs, simple as that. I feel healbot displays them better, for some reason, probably because im already too used to it.
    I set both addons to only show a couple HoTs, rejuvenation, lifebloom and regrowth HoT, others are ignored, in case you were wondering about the icons being clustered.
    It's hard to know what to say since the configuration is so complicated, but VuhDo at least used to have an internal Healbot skin that you could apply to configure it to look almost exactly the same (same for the general Grid look too), I don't know if it's still there or not as I deleted it from my config. At the very least, you should still have Healbot skins in your shared media, so if you really want it to look exactly the same, it is doable. You still ought to be able to configure HoTs the same way as in Healbot; in fact, I started out that way too. After having it configured similarly to how I had Healbot, I'd poke around in the config and make adjustments during raid breaks or even between boss attempts. I did a lot of experimentation before I figured out what I liked and it was probably several weeks before I eventually settled on something similar to what I have now.

But i will keep trying to change it to look exactly how i want, except that i cant get the hot icons to look exactly like it does on healbot, even though a lot of people claim they can do everything they want with vuhdo (at least, without editing .lua files).
    The configuration menu can be quite cumbersome, much moreso now than when I first switched, so it's not too surprising that you'd have trouble figuring out how to configure it to look the same. I haven't watched them myself, since I already know how to configure VuhDo, but I've turned several other people onto it and mentioned that there are some configuration videos on youtube that, though they're not done by the author, he endorses them, so I figure they're probably helpful. I think you can find links to them directly on the curse page for the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshapa View Post
    Vuhdo is just a watered down, less configurable version of Grid for dense people to use. Grid will always be better.
    Unless you can meaningfully substantiate your claim, you already missed that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greshapa View Post
    Vuhdo is just a watered down, less configurable version of Grid for dense people to use. Grid will always be better.
    That's why when you watch world 1sts and close to healers videos, most of them now use Vuhdo.

Any clique+raid frames work.

Vuhdo has a few things that neither healbot or grid has which for some healers(mostly priests/druids) make it better. Grid will eventually have them developed, but pretending grid is better is false. Besides the fact that you can get everything you can get in grid plus more, without having to DL and update 1000 things, and takes less memory. But talking about an addon that you obviously know nothing about works too.

In vanilla healbot was the way to go. Grid came out and had more to offer and it took everyone awhile to switch, but they did. Vuhdo is just the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    After downloading and using both Vuhdo and Healbot simultaneously, they are both identical. No, not in how the icons appear on the bar, and certainly not with some features unique to each, nor with how you configure them. Nonetheless, the healing and damage, buffs and debuffs all appear at exactly the same time. I see no reason other than personal preference to consider one better than the other.
    I just installed Healbot now to test this right off of Curse Client, and according to my performance mod I was running with 61ms latency. I threw multiple spells that leave buffs (Renew, PWS, PoM, etc.) and the timer on VuhDo and my buff bars are perfectly in sync, but Healbot is noticeably slower than either. It is better than I remember it being, but it was definitely at least a 100-200ms slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just installed Healbot now to test this right off of Curse Client, and according to my performance mod I was running with 61ms latency. I threw multiple spells that leave buffs (Renew, PWS, PoM, etc.) and the timer on VuhDo and my buff bars are perfectly in sync, but Healbot is noticeably slower than either. It is better than I remember it being, but it was definitely at least a 100-200ms slower.
    Thats what people mean when they say its slower? Yes icons update a tad later, sometimes 1 second later, you see the health move before the buff icon/hot shows there, but that doesnt bother me at all, i know i casted (my character hands glowed!), and i know it healed. But i believe there is also a config that changes the speed in which bars get updated, default set to 0.6 (refresh rate?).
    I only use icons to track their duration and if its present, really.

As for health bar refresh, i have healed with nameplates+healbot (fights where you must stay spread) and they update instantly, if there is any lag, my eyes couldnt notice. Again, i play with fluid bars, which i believe comes turned off by default, and i have a rather high latency.

But i havent been able to play with vuhdo lately, been tanking all the time. There is absolutely no delay when i click to cast a spell on either addons though, i use intervene and taunt macros and click the raid frames all the time to cast it, response is instant on both addons.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-11-06 at 07:13 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Thats what people mean when they say its slower? Yes icons update a tad later, sometimes 1 second later, you see the health move before the buff icon/hot shows there, but that doesnt bother me at all, i know i casted (my character hands glowed!), and i know it healed. But i believe there is also a config that changes the speed in which bars get updated, default set to 0.6 (refresh rate?).
    I only use icons to track their duration and if its present, really.
    It also has weird comp to server lat issues, always has and they have never fixed it. I'm not sure if it's the clique system they use or what but it's the actual casting that's slower, not just icons. It's nothing intense, but it's the reason no actual progression(cleared HMs in may-june-july) players wont use it. Only matters on things like that or just basic "min/max" want the very best out of your character players.

I've configured Pitbull 4's raid health bars to be better than Grid. Anyway, Grid was giving me weird issues and serious FPS spikes, whereas PB4 isn't giving either.
    Health text is set as Deficit only. Further, deficit text colors based on deficit amount. Such as, small amounts are green while as the deficit grows it changes to orange then red, in a gradient fashion. Power bars for non-mana classes are turned off. Names are shortened to the first three letters of the character's name. Buffs are shrunken and click through. Cleansable debuffs are shown in the center of the healthbar, as a much larger icon (about the same height as the bar and around a third of the bar's width) and are also click through. Only two debuffs are shown at a time with the most important to cleanse taking priority. Furthermore, the health bars highlight with the proper debuffing color. Healthbars are setup in class color to help prioritize healing and decursing. Finally, all incoming damage and healing numbers show on the health bar. Larger amounts of healing or damage, such as those in the 10k+ range, are bolded and take up more space to show the greater need to either focus on that target or stopcast a heal.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/cf256d23.jpg
    Screenshot representation to go with the explanation. :P
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelven View Post
    I've configured Pitbull 4's raid health bars to be better than Grid. Anyway, Grid was giving me weird issues and serious FPS spikes, whereas PB4 isn't giving either.
    Health text is set as Deficit only. Further, deficit text colors based on deficit amount. Such as, small amounts are green while as the deficit grows it changes to orange then red, in a gradient fashion. Power bars for non-mana classes are turned off. Names are shortened to the first three letters of the character's name. Buffs are shrunken and click through. Cleansable debuffs are shown in the center of the healthbar, as a much larger icon (about the same height as the bar and around a third of the bar's width) and are also click through. Only two debuffs are shown at a time with the most important to cleanse taking priority. Furthermore, the health bars highlight with the proper debuffing color. Healthbars are setup in class color to help prioritize healing and decursing. Finally, all incoming damage and healing numbers show on the health bar. Larger amounts of healing or damage, such as those in the 10k+ range, are bolded and take up more space to show the greater need to either focus on that target or stopcast a heal.
    Screenshot representation to go with the explanation. :P
    How do you see if a person is in range of a heal or not? its all very shiny but it seems to me that those raidframes will be harder to use when you have alot going on in a fight (for example on lich king or Lady Deathwhisper) with debuffs, people being out of range, buffs in the way of healthbars etc, how do you cope with that :P ? in my opinion raid frames should be simple but keep track of everything thats going on. To me yours just seem very hard to look at! but hey it may be better for you!

As for my own addons, I use Grid with cornericons and raidstatusdebuffs. Mouseovermacros , quartz, and Xperl unitframes. Works for everything thats going on and easy to keep track of things!

i used grid before the new patch which blizz added their own new healing addon and i use it now

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by secret View Post
    i used grid before the new patch which blizz added their own new healing addon and i use it now
    Since I switched to Vuhdo and started comparing it to the new Blizzard UI, it's amazing how slow Vuhdo is. I think like you the new system requirements of the updated client are impacting peoples systems if they use anything other than the default UI. In fact they are probably still tweaking things in the client. It seems like every other patch breaks the built-in video recording functions in the client. Then the next patch fixes it.

Vuhdo all the way!!!

Vuhdo since 2009

Deleted
    Tukui Gridlike Frames, same as grid, more memory efficient.

I used to use vuhdo but, now I use grid + clique because I like it more

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grid + Mouse over macros.
    I read 3 pages of this and then the last page, and oh my god, lots of Vuhdo fanboys/girls out there ripping on grid and what have you.
    To each their own. If you can heal while following rule number 76, then you're using the right addons for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still haven't settled down on ideal raid frames, but mousebinds of custom mouseover type macros are the mainstay of my toolbox, but for some of the more vital casts I've wound up with such twists as #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][help,nodead][] Power Word: Shield.

With just pure mouseover targeted macro casting I would find myself in situations where due to out of range/hostile/nonexistant mouseover target, I could not use my instant cast heals to top myself or anyone else off when I really needed to. And in addition to emphasized dispellable debuff highlingts on frames + @mouseover binds for disease and magic removal casts, Decursive as a double-backup for notification and dispelling.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo (blizzard unit frames 2 to see the -HP)
    DBM with bosstimers next 2 vudho frames
    Bartender 2 remember my Vuhdo keybinds and track CD's.
    I only lagg a good CD timer but for the rest my UI is pretty easy since everything is close 2 eachother.

Deleted
    Grid with Clique works perfectly for me .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Only use X-perl unitframes, configure it the way I want and just use my keys and keybinds to heal. X-perl got better raidframes than WoWs original in my opinion, and you can easily see if targets got a curse or magic effect to be dispelled. They get a purple border around healthbar for curse and blue for magic effect so its obvious what to dispell. assuming you know the effect.

Um, i only heal oh my alt, but i do it quite regularly. I've never actually used a healing addon except for grid before the introduction of the new blizzard raid frames. Since those got in the game ive just been using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    That's why when you watch world 1sts and close to healers videos, most of them now use Vuhdo.

Any clique+raid frames work.

Vuhdo has a few things that neither healbot or grid has which for some healers(mostly priests/druids) make it better. Grid will eventually have them developed, but pretending grid is better is false. Besides the fact that you can get everything you can get in grid plus more, without having to DL and update 1000 things, and takes less memory. But talking about an addon that you obviously know nothing about works too.

In vanilla healbot was the way to go. Grid came out and had more to offer and it took everyone awhile to switch, but they did. Vuhdo is just the next step.
    Can you explain me exactly what vuhdo can do that grid can't that is so beneficial?

Also.. if your computer starts doing weird things when 1mb extra RAM is used you should seriously consider a hardware upgrade..
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-04-03 at 10:55 PM.