Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    used Healbot for years then started getting dispel issues with it and people randomly moving around mid fight, so moved to Vuhdo which gave me huge fps spikes occasional and I just didn't like it so I settled on Grid, Clique and a few select grid sub add ons such as PaliBeacon

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use grid, now I use the default raid frames with mouseover macros. Too lazy to set Grid up atm.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

Deleted
    I've been using Grid since the day I dinged 80, and it's always been enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Can you explain me exactly what vuhdo can do that grid can't that is so beneficial?

Also.. if your computer starts doing weird things when 1mb extra RAM is used you should seriously consider a hardware upgrade..
    arrows, more hot tracking choices, clusters, less comp to server lat, main thing is just that it has every single option grid has, it has everything dingle option healbot has, but has more.

Also, trying to be smart with 1mb blah blah is cute and all, but some people do indeed care about that. Not me, but some do.

I can't explain all the features as well as they can themselves.
    http://vuhdo-addon.com/VuhDo+User+Ma...t_VuhDo_Can_Do

10+ Year Old Account
    I used healbot for a while then my raid lead made me switch to VuhDo and I'm so glad he made me Ill never go back

Playing since '04

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    arrows, more hot tracking choices, clusters, less comp to server lat, main thing is just that it has every single option grid has, it has everything dingle option healbot has, but has more.

Also, trying to be smart with 1mb blah blah is cute and all, but some people do indeed care about that. Not me, but some do.

I can't explain all the features as well as they can themselves.
    http://vuhdo-addon.com/VuhDo+User+Ma...t_VuhDo_Can_Do
    Whohoho not so fast, ive never used this addon so don't know what your talking about when going "arrows, clusters".
    And im a priest, so i don't really do alot of hotting.

Also i highly doubt there is less time in computing.. if there is.. its 1 millisecond at most. That wont make a difference.

Im not trying to be smart at all, im very serious and if i see enough benefit in it i might change to vuhdo myself. Im just asking you WHY. That is all. Im not sniping in any way.

I see they have a lot of "Extra bind" features, but i really don't have any interest in those.. i have more than enough keys on my keyboard to bind all important spells to.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-04-03 at 11:45 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grid.

/thread

*Edit*

I just noticed this is in the priest forums. As i do not have a priest, carry on.

lol
    Last edited by Seahippo; 2011-04-03 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im new too the world of healing let alone priests, whats the bubble macro i use grid but with basic setup i should try others
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

None, unless you count xperl. Honestly if you have to use addons to help you heal you need to step it up. Without those fancy addons healing is a lot more fun and interactive and altogether more rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feo View Post
    None, unless you count xperl. Honestly if you have to use addons to help you heal you need to step it up. Without those fancy addons healing is a lot more fun and interactive and altogether more rewarding.
    I don't heal to be rewarded, i try to get the most out of myself and honestly.. if i heal with the default UI (Which is perfectly posseble) i get less out of it than when i use sufisticated addons.

Deleted
    Whohoho not so fast, ive never used this addon so don't know what your talking about when going "arrows, clusters".
    And im a priest, so i don't really do alot of hotting.

Also i highly doubt there is less time in computing.. if there is.. its 1 millisecond at most. That wont make a difference.

Im not trying to be smart at all, im very serious and if i see enough benefit in it i might change to vuhdo myself. Im just asking you WHY. That is all. Im not sniping in any way.

I see they have a lot of "Extra bind" features, but i really don't have any interest in those.. i have more than enough keys on my keyboard to bind all important spells to.
    Arrows to see which direction people who are out of range at are.
    Hot tracking options to see where your other healers hots or important cooldowns are.
    Clusters to find the best target to cast poh or coh on, you'd be surprised how many times you can actually "missfire" with poh only hitting 3-4 people when you could hit 5.
    Dunno about the lag thing though.

I don't heal to be rewarded, i try to get the most out of myself and honestly.. if i heal with the default UI (Which is perfectly posseble) i get less out of it than when i use sufisticated addons.
    If you do better with addons, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^that

Hot tracking is more advanced but probably not necessary for anyone other than druids. There are hot bars instead of icons which are just quicker in general to look at duration wise than numbers.

Cluster is amazing for anyone who aoe heals. It will have an icon and show the number of people your aoe heal will hit based on how close they are to each other. It just helps to get the max number of people hit.

The comp to server lag has to do with spells along with player updates. Especially in 25s grid and more specifically healbot are a lot slower to update. Most of the time when it comes to spell casts it is small, but it does make a difference by the end of a fight.

The main reason I switched from grid(when I really really didn't want to) was because of those few things and updates. Vuhdo is one addon which makes it so everything is updated at the same time. It also is always updated pre-patch and ready on patch day bugless. Once I started using it(mid wrath) it already had a large following, enough to where the developer is pretty much amazing when it comes to keeping it up. I've never once had it bug or break unlike my grid and healbot.

If you don't mind taking time to set addons up, it's worth the change for any class. And if you really love your grid you can set it up the same exact way just with the extra options.

i dont use anything... no macros (im a clicker) no healbot, no grid, no clique, etc.

I do use xperl for raid frames though and Prayer of Mending Tracker (when I'm on my priest)... target heal target heal
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feo View Post
    If you do better with addons, you're doing it wrong.
    You would have to have an extreme overview to keep track of everything an addon would be able to track. I'm sorry, but I STRONGLY DISAGREE with your healing without addon arguement. Addons will make you perform better as you have access to more information, which in end will let you chose the better spell and target for healing.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-04 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You would have to have an extreme overview to keep track of everything an addon would be able to track. I'm sorry, but I STRONGLY DISAGREE with your healing without addon arguement. Addons will make you perform better as you have access to more information, which in end will let you chose the better spell and target for healing.
    Yes, and no. All the information you need to make an informed decision is now included in the Blizzard Standard Raid Frames, thanks to the better placement of debuffs, and the auto-raid debuff tracking, not to mention HealComm finally going baseline.

Anything above and beyond that is simply for your convenience, moving the information elsewhere, perhaps into a smaller format. But they are by no means required, not anymore.

Mouseovers, or Clique, you could make the argument for, but not for the Raid Frames - not anymore.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Yes, and no. All the information you need to make an informed decision is now included in the Blizzard Standard Raid Frames, thanks to the better placement of debuffs, and the auto-raid debuff tracking, not to mention HealComm finally going baseline.

Anything above and beyond that is simply for your convenience, moving the information elsewhere, perhaps into a smaller format. But they are by no means required, not anymore.

Mouseovers, or Clique, you could make the argument for, but not for the Raid Frames - not anymore.
    Limited amounts of buffs, no options for choosing which buffs to show and which not to show, no options to ignore certain debuffs, no option to highlight important debuff, no option to show clusters (must have for any decent priest!), direction finder to find out where those low health people decided to go without having to actually look around for them.

Yes you don't need any of that though, but good luck watching for certain buffs to be on the target (grace?), shadow conductor/lighthing rod when blind spot/exhaustion is already up, who is flame target in atramedes airphase and needs an instant speed shield, who to heal with your prayer of healing so it hits your entire grp and not just 3 people, when you're spread out across the room in a random pattern...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    healbot been using for a while.

Grid and Mouseover Macros! For me its just so much quicker, and I can leave my target frame on whatever/whoever I want while still dishing out raid heals. Love it.