Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Heirloom gear in cata!

Hi everyone.
    I was just wondering if you've got any ideas what they will do with the heirloom gear.
    Thanks for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Utouchedme View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I was just wondering if you've got any ideas what they will do with the heirloom gear.
    Thanks for answers.
    What do you mean? this question is so so open.

The XP boost from Heirloom won't work from 80-85, and there will be some new ones too, capes, helms, etc.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

The current ones won't work past 80.. There will be new ones for 1-85, obviously attained at level 85 through doing heroics or whatever

So far they have show cloak and helm items, each giving 10% bonus experience.

What I saw were items to match the "set" the other heirloom belong to. EX: Dreamist mask, valor helm, etc.
    (Edit: And as others have noted, the old heirlooms will only go 1-80 while the new ones go 1-85.)

There's also a few items found in acheology that are bind to account but have a fixed level. Meaning you can use it on any of your characters but its stats will never change.

I actually think the capes and the helms only have +5%, and I also think they will be obtainable by using normal Justice Points
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Deleted
    Thanks for the replys!
    So the best thing (probably) is to wait until cata and the new heirloom instead of getting it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinden View Post
    I actually think the capes and the helms only have +5%, and I also think they will be obtainable by using normal Justice Points
    Oh balls. You're half right. Cloak is worth 5%, helm worth 10%.

They're available through the guild vendors though. The cloaks became available when your guild is level 10, the helms when it's level 20. No idea what they cost though...

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:49 AM ----------

Thanks for the replys!
    So the best thing (probably) is to wait until cata and the new heirloom instead of getting it now?
    If you're playing now I don't see why you wouldn't get the current heirlooms. The new heirlooms go in different slots and the exp bonus will stack.

Sure, getting the current heirlooms will be easier at 85 since they increased the price, but if you have the points now I don't see any reason to save them (unless you really need the head start on dungeon gear at 85).

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

They're available through the guild vendors though. The cloaks became available when your guild is level 10, the helms when it's level 20. No idea what they cost though...
    atm: 1200 gold each from the guild vendor.
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:49 AM ----------

If you're playing now I don't see why you wouldn't get the current heirlooms. The new heirlooms go in different slots and the exp bonus will stack.

Sure, getting the current heirlooms will be easier at 85 since they increased the price, but if you have the points now I don't see any reason to save them (unless you really need the head start on dungeon gear at 85).
    I think I'll get better gear for the dungeons since i just started playing again a week ago.

Pretty cool with Cloak and helm. Can you already buy these?
    Last edited by mmoc6d7b64d630; 2010-10-28 at 05:53 PM. Reason: forgot a word x0

Pretty cool with Cloak and helm. Can you already buy these?
    No. These won't be available until Cataclysm launches, and even then the guild you're in has to be the appropriate level for you to buy them AND you have to have good enough reputation to buy them (don't know what level that requires...).

Deleted
    You guys are forgetting about the heirloom leggins.
    So in cata it will be:
    1-80
    Shoulders 10% exp
    Chest 10% exp
    The Fishing Notrhend Weekly Ring 5%
    1-85
    Cape 5%
    Leggings 10%
    Helmet 10%
    So that will be 50% extra exp.
    And if you calculate the guild exp with it.
    You will get a total of 60% exp to 1-80 and 35% from 80-85

As far as I know; the chest and shoulder will be 1-80 ( but unlockable to 1-85 once you hit 85 with a char) , and you´ll be able to recieve a helmet, cloak and *insert 3 heirloom here which I don´t remember*. in total you can have +50% bonus exp while leveling(including the fishing ring(which gives +5%) contest prize, 45% without the ring). But as anything goes for cataclysm; anything can change at the blink of an eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Really? Damn thats annoying. Does anyone know how long its going to take to reach guild level 20?
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    1200 gold or 1200 Justice Points?
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon8912 View Post
    Night Elf mage makes my eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrae View Post
    I haven't seen any. Got a link?

Deleted
    It would be nice to get a new heirloom slot at 85 say a neck/back or something, and when you equip it it lets you use your 1-80 heirlooms.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 1200 gold is probably just to unlock the item for purchase, but I haven't heard solid info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrae View Post
    So in cata it will be:
    1-80
    Shoulders 10% exp
    Chest 10% exp
    The Fishing Notrhend Weekly Ring 5%
    1-85
    Cape 5%
    Leggings 10%
    Helmet 10%
    So that will be 50% extra exp.
    And if you calculate the guild exp with it.
    You will get a total of 60% exp to 1-80 and 35% from 80-85
    Mmmmm 60% sounds hot. Then you could do that recruit a friend promotion (do they still have this?) and then go 2x on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity View Post
    Mmmmm 60% sounds hot. Then you could do that recruit a friend promotion (do they still have this?) and then go 2x on top of that.
    Recruit-A-Friend grants 300% experience, and that may see an increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon8912 View Post
    Night Elf mage makes my eyes bleed.