10+ Year Old Account

New system, fresh install?!

Hey guys, im about to get my new i5, my question is should i make a clean wow install on the new system, or is it ok if i just copy paste from my old drive, without any performance loss. Will the game automaticly adapt to the new hardware setup, also from xp to Vista?! Its 26Gb now, and i dont really want to do a fresh install

Im not much of a techie so any advice will be welcomed.

You can freely copy WoW over, don't need to install it.

Just start both launcher.exe and wow.exe manually once from the new directory so that the game knows where everything is located at.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can copy/paste WoW from your old system without any performance loss. The executables will work with XP, Vista, or 7. Just be sure to start the game via the launcher (launcher.exe) for your first time, as it will load all of the necessary registry keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok thats what i thought, thx. Oh and its 7 not Vista :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could also install from disk and copy your WTF and interface folder over, Just means you will have to update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it'll work fine

BUT, just remember to right click and run wow.exe as administrator at least once so that it can write the proper registry entries. After that you can just run it as normal

You could also save all your patch files and install WoW again -> placing the patch files in your new wowfolder and run the launcher.. this will get you the standard setup and icons etc and it will / should not take any longer.

As Heatrage says, also take a copy of your interface->addon and wtf folder.