Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Random thread fact: OP is not a holy paladin, mage, or druid.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierman5000 View Post
    Activision says hey, we need some sales so kick out Cataclysm before year end ready or not.

What we get? An absolute abortion of a patch:

-Holy Paladins tanking 7+ attackers while never going out of mana thanks to the bright ideal of zero mana cost Word of Glory.

-Mages pressing one button, ie icelance, and never worrying about spell pushback/lockouts as they nail you for 7k crits on 1300+ resilience. Or worse, arcane mages that press arcane blast twice and blow you up.

-Druids putting a couple dots on you and spamming /lol as you die to 7k rip crits.

-The "Join as Group" button says give up your real life responsibilities and conform with 4 other basement dwellers on their basement dwelling schedule or get stomped by other premades. Isle of Conquest/AV never pop anymore which are the only real battle grounds capable of diluting the premade effect. No longer can you queue for a battleground and fight other pugs.

I've seen it all. I was there back in the beginning when paladins were unkillable at the start of vanilla. Or 2 hand winfury shamans globaling mages. Or warlocks globaling people in BC and WotLK. I've seen it all since Nov 2004, and it's never been this bad. And it's going to continue to be this bad for another 5 weeks. Choices are, go pve for gear that gets wiped by quest greens day 1. Or continue to play the worse PVP WoW has ever seen.
    Activision is behind all the mechanics in the game if you didnt know /sarcasm.

I admit honestly that getting killed so fast with resil is annoying. But since i can do it as well I don't see it as a problem.

There is a lot more damage output and its only been like this for a couple of weeks. Why would you say its all been shit, its only been a few weeks.

OT: can't wait for cata and 85.

I for one love the new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I love when people go to arguments like this.

Always taking the advantages of the mage and ignoring the advantages of other classes.
    Name one class that has a significant advantage over a mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Mages can be stunned? Blink. Feared? Mage armor makes it nearly useless. Silence? Mage armor make silences an absolute joke. Oh you manage to lock out frost because he wasn't spamming ice lance? Nice, now he's casting arcane spells. Oh he's arcane and you locked out arcane, now he's casting frost spells.
    Learn the game.
    yeah because every mage is well known to be playing with all 3 speccs active at the same time.
    did you try to stun him after he blinks? deas he get fear immunity with mage armor? have you tried dispell or purge (not for the armor..for the shields.)? do you have any survivability talents? do you have a pvp trinket?

Mages can be stunned? Blink. Feared? Mage armor makes it nearly useless. Silence? Mage armor make silences an absolute joke. Oh you manage to lock out frost because he wasn't spamming ice lance? Nice, now he's casting arcane spells. Oh he's arcane and you locked out arcane, now he's casting frost spells. It's not like mages have a million ways of CCing something and absurdly high damage/survivability.
    Learn the game.
    >Learn the game

oooh the irony

Or warlocks globaling people in BC
    what? Shoo, fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    erm I'm not sure about every other class but pallies are pretty easy to kill atm, except holy that's about mid-point. ret is, atm, the worst spec of the 3. prot being like 15 times better but even that's still pretty easy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    yeah because every mage is well known to be playing with all 3 speccs active at the same time.
    did you try to stun him after he blinks? deas he get fear immunity with mage armor? have you tried dispell or purge (not for the armor..for the shields.)? do you have any survivability talents? do you have a pvp trinket?
    Stun after he blinks? You act as if I can some how catch up to a mage regardless of spec. No, mage armor makes fear last half as long. 2 second cast for something that lasts ~3 seconds non DR'd. Yeah, worth it. I was not aware melee classes have purge. Survivability cooldowns, for what? To prolong your death? It's like a paladin bubbling in front of 6 people. And lastly, pvp trinket. Sure, so I can live long enough for the next deep freeze/poly stun.
    The only class that has a decent chance against a mage is a rogue and they'd have to use nearly every cooldown to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletreturns View Post
    >Learn the game

oooh the irony
    I'm sure you got glad last season amirite
    Last edited by gookslammer; 2010-10-29 at 04:24 AM.

Sounds like we got a baby, either quit or man up, cuz you know what, they could careless what one baby thinks.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Do you know what has always been this bad?

The bitching before every expansion/content patch/EVERYTHING in the history of the game.

Complainers will find things to complain about. If the balance of what is essentially garbage time for Wrath really concerns you, then maybe you should evaluate your priorities. Go to the gym, take up another hobby for a month, complete achievements, get drunk, something.
    Beta Club Brosquad

While the op clearly is crying.

Its justified tears. he is right about the state of things.

Now what he does not realize is that every pre expansion pack is like this... remember 2hander shammies pre bc? remember ret pallies in blues and greens rolling entire teams of brutal geared players in pre wotlk.

This is just the way the game is pre expansion.. either deal with it or dont...

On the other side of things... the bugs piss me off the most and in no way should last this long... for example inspect is still broken like 3 weeks after the patch... that is just lazy on blizzards part.

Deleted
    Stun after he blinks? You act as if I can some how catch up to a mage regardless of spec. No, mage armor makes fear last half as long. 2 second cast for something that lasts ~3 seconds non DR'd. Yeah, worth it. I was not aware melee classes have purge. Survivability cooldowns, for what? To prolong your death? It's like a paladin bubbling in front of 6 people. And lastly, pvp trinket. Sure, so I can live long enough for the next deep freeze/poly stun.

I'm sure you got glad last season amirite
    so you are a melee class and you have no skills/talents to catch up with a mage?and you can't slow him down either?weird..
    if you got your glad last season then what changed and you can't deal with?
    also it sounds as if you are talking about 1v1 balance...hmm...interesting..didn't know that thing existed.

LOL

So it wasn't as bad in vanilla when classes could global another class and the game was designed around it's cap at 60 but now at level 80 when classes have abilities and talents that are designed around being level 85 it's the end of the world.

Activision says hey, we need some sales so kick out Cataclysm before year end ready or not.

What we get? An absolute abortion of a patch:

-Holy Paladins tanking 7+ attackers while never going out of mana thanks to the bright ideal of zero mana cost Word of Glory.

-Mages pressing one button, ie icelance, and never worrying about spell pushback/lockouts as they nail you for 7k crits on 1300+ resilience. Or worse, arcane mages that press arcane blast twice and blow you up.

-Druids putting a couple dots on you and spamming /lol as you die to 7k rip crits.

-The "Join as Group" button says give up your real life responsibilities and conform with 4 other basement dwellers on their basement dwelling schedule or get stomped by other premades. Isle of Conquest/AV never pop anymore which are the only real battle grounds capable of diluting the premade effect. No longer can you queue for a battleground and fight other pugs.

I've seen it all. I was there back in the beginning when paladins were unkillable at the start of vanilla. Or 2 hand winfury shamans globaling mages. Or warlocks globaling people in BC and WotLK. I've seen it all since Nov 2004, and it's never been this bad. And it's going to continue to be this bad for another 5 weeks. Choices are, go pve for gear that gets wiped by quest greens day 1. Or continue to play the worse PVP WoW has ever seen.
    Thank you for your opinion. It is duly noted, though others may not share the same point of view as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    so you are a melee class and you have no skills/talents to catch up with a mage?and you can't slow him down either?weird..
    if you got your glad last season then what changed and you can't deal with?
    also it sounds as if you are talking about 1v1 balance...hmm...interesting..didn't know that thing existed.
    So do you play only one class and that's a mage? Because you seem to have no clue how any other class works. Melee don't have gap closers for every blink as you pretend they do. They don't have constant snares like mages do as if it mattered since they have enough ways to get out of melee range anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried to do a point by point answer to your questions but all I could read was;

I am uninformed about Blizzard/Activision company relationships and would also like to complain about 85 class balances at 80 while trying to validate my opinion by googling when vanilla was released to try to look like a cool old player.
    and so I decided it was better not to bother.

i own mages on my hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    "all of you are babies" heavy

Deleted
    So do you play only one class and that's a mage? Because you seem to have no clue how any other class works. Melee don't have gap closers for every blink as you pretend they do. They don't have constant snares like mages do as if it mattered since they have enough ways to get out of melee range anyway.
    as a matter of fact i do play all the melee classes except rogue but since i don't pvp with them i am telling you my experiences as a mage and how i can be killed. take it as advice or just leave it there.
    if you want to QQ like " amagad i cant has that skill to kiel that dude!!!!!111OMG plz halp!!!!!" then by all means keep doing exactly what you do right now.