Fastest way to level as a guild?

Sorry if there's a post like this already, but I don't browse the forums here very much. I'm the leader of a raiding guild planning on doing 25's in Cata and we are working on putting together a leveling plan to help everyone hit 85 asap so we can start gearing. Right now, our plan is to get everyone grouped up in 5 man groups and burn through Wrath heroics with the dungeon finder until around 82. I figure this way we can take a few days to let the server calm down and allow our members to quest easier because there will be a little less competition for quest mobs and such, although I'm sure it will still be fierce. At 82 members can take it upon themselves to start questing alone or in groups and get to 85 as fast as possible.

What do you guys think of this plan? It probably needs a little bit more refining of course. I haven't had the pleasure of playing the beta, so I don't know any of the quests or which zones are the best to level in. Maybe people could make some suggestions of which zones would be the best to level in, which quests are worth doing and if there are any in particular that are worth skipping over, and if dungeons are worth grinding or maybe just doing once for any quests there may be in them.

Any tips or helpful hints that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated, and again, I apologize if I'm posting something that's been talked about in different threads.

p.s. If there is a thread that has or is already on this subject, could someone possibly provide a link? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I'll tell ya now that if you just assign them all 5 player questing groups you'll be best off. The quests award a decent amount of exp, and this way when the players get to the point that T10 starts petering out (around Deepholm lvl83ish) they'll still be able to burn through the mobs fast enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you truly want to level fast as a guild, do instances. All of them. They skip the daily exp cap, and they give TONS of exp if you manage to complete them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    If you truly want to level fast as a guild, do instances. All of them. They skip the daily exp cap, and they give TONS of exp if you manage to complete them all.
    By this do you mean Wrath dungeons or the new Cata dungeons? If you mean Wrath heroics, at what level should we stop because they aren't worth it anymore?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do all of the wrath and cata dungeons, especially the raids. They give an absurd amount of exp ( I'm talking almost a level per instance if it's wrath or later at least). These numbers are subject to change, but it's your best bet next to guild achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Just do all of the wrath and cata dungeons, especially the raids. They give an absurd amount of exp ( I'm talking almost a level per instance if it's wrath or later at least). These numbers are subject to change, but it's your best bet next to guild achievements.
    You obviously didnt read his whole post, he is talking about leveling the toons in the guild to 85, not the guild level.

I thought raids granted really low exp; has that changed recently or have I just not been paying attention? So, we could do like all of the Cata regular dungeons every day, go run a bunch of random heroics, and make sure to do all the Wrath raids during the week? That sounds like a good idea, I just hope I'm interpreting what you're saying properly.

Btw, what raids give almost a level for the entire thing? Are we talking ICC and Ulduar here with 12 and 14 bosses?

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 12:32 AM ----------

OHHH okay I see. Netherfall was talking about guild leveling. Yea, I'm talking about leveling our actual members, not the guild level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    You obviously didnt read his whole post, he is talking about leveling the toons in the guild to 85, not the guild level.
    You're right, I skimmed through it. Anyway, just quest together. Instance leveling is incredibly fast provided you know everything beforehand. Otherwise, questing is the way to go.

Okay thanks for the tips. Would you still consider doing massive amounts of Wrath heroics a viable option at the start of the expansion?