Thread: Disc PVE Stats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh I didn't even look down far enough, I was already confused at the top. I'm assuming this is a raid healing build rather than tank healing? But why reflective shield and Focused Will?
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-11-03 at 06:08 PM.

I fixed it. Focused Will and Inner Sanctum both give some nice damage reductions. The right spec is posted now. It should be taking Inner Focus and maxing Focused Will, not taking Reflective Shields. I edited the one you linked instead of building it from scratch, my bad. In regard to Focused Will, keep in mind things like damage auras that can hit for 4k+. It procs quite a bit in ICC.

And yes, it's a full raid healing build. If you want to tank heal respec or reroll. Sad as that is to say.

I don't get it. People are claiming all these wild statements about mastery only being better than crit if you are raid healing. That mastery is useless when tank healing. That crit is better for Heal. What are you guys smoking?

If you want to tank heal, you shouldn't be Disc. And Heal is a horrible spell to use, at least till Cata actually hits. Right now, raid spamming shields is the way to go, and you want Mastery for that. If you are playing Disc any other way, you're doing it wrong.

Oh, I was approaching my thoughts in a "start of cataclysm" way, not a "lol30%ICCbuff" way. Which is why I was talking about mana efficiency rather than throughput/spamming.

If you dont have a holy pally in your raid disc will more than likely have to step up, so to discuss these things isnt exactly out of the ordinary.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Sadly, Boomkin, while Disc mana regen did get nerfed quite a bit recently, their output was also not buffed. Their healing at 85 compared to the other healers is like Shadow's DPS at 70 compared to the other healers. The problem is while Shadow had amazing utility so every raid not only wanted, but needed two or more, Discipline doesn't have much utility. Pain Suppression and PW:B are good tank cooldowns and Power Infusion is fun to toss on Mages, but currently on Beta there's something big missing. On Live Disc gets away with shield spamming because ICC encourages raid spamming, but the gear is also the equivalent at 80 of T15 at 85. That means we probably will never see that level of gear at 85. Without the massive, massive investment into Mastery and without fights designed for spam healing Discipline just doesn't have a niche to fill.

The good news is we have a few weeks to go before Cata and now that Disc now has to worry about mana to some extent Blizz might finally take the issue seriously. They kept saying that Druids and Paladins would get their due and they did, so hopefully they'll live up to their word on Discipline as well and stop balancing us around raid shield spam.