Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zealotry in PvP?

I've noticed that I never use Zealotry in PvP, my gear isn't the best so I heavily rely on the stupid wings+hammer tactic, Can anyone recommend any good uses for it? I know its being changed but loosing 3 HP to activate it seems a bit expensive when fights don't last very long as it is. Or is it just a case of use it when Wings is on cooldown?

I don't even know why it's going to be in the game. Just another thing to balance in an already fairly complex dps rotation...

Because we rely on RNG doesn't make it "complex", it's not hard to fit in, the question is if wether its worth using
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

At 80 it isn't really worth using. At 85 it may be, but healh pools are as super inflated as they will be.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

What makes the rotation/cycle fairly complex is Holy Power and monitoring it + our cooldowns.

Inquisition is not 'hard' to fit in, but it's something that needs constant refreshing and uses all 3 points of our resource, and is more of an annoyance than anything..

If the point of Inquisition is to help seperate the good dps'ers from the less good dps'ers, and it's 'not hard to fit in'.. then what's the point of it really?

Even without it, monitoring holy power already makes ret more complex and maintenancy then half the other dps specs in the game..

do other ret players feel the same?

my apologies.. i mixed up Zealotry and Inquisition... this is what happens when you have too many 80's. still i'll keep my opinion on Inq there and people can have their say on that too, insteading of making a new thread :P
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2010-11-01 at 03:43 PM.

If you're facing another paladin, a warrior, a dk, or a healer it can be useful to help heal through some of their burst.

Facing any opponent that stays at range...all that holy power is better used for staying alive or landing the chance TV.

there was blue post stating that they were going to change zealotry to not consume the 3 stacks of holy power when activated. not sure what happened to that idea but it needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
    there was blue post stating that they were going to change zealotry to not consume the 3 stacks of holy power when activated. not sure what happened to that idea but it needs to happen.
    This is implemented on beta, it just hasn't been implemented on live for the sake of consolidating the Cataclysm patch me-thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
    It still consumes a gcd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It still consumes a gcd
    They made if off the GCD on Beta as well I believe.

What they really need to do is have Zealotry reduce our GCD to 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    What they really need to do is have Zealotry reduce our GCD to 1 second.
    That would be something :P

But still.... I don't even want a new 2 min cd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    That would be something :P

But still.... I don't even want a new 2 min cd.
    Holy form would be better >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Holy form would be better >.>
    Dont tease me -.-

Holy form would rock some serious shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Zealorty
    13% of base mana
    Instant cast 1.5 sec cooldown
    Fills the Paladin with Zeal, increasing your Holy damage by 15%, reducing all spell damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members damage dealt by 3%. However, you may not cast Healing spells other than Word of Glory while in this form.

:>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Zealorty
    13% of base mana
    Instant cast 1.5 sec cooldown
    Fills the Paladin with Zeal, increasing your Holy damage by 15%, reducing all spell damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members damage dealt by 3%. However, you may not cast Healing spells other than Word of Glory while in this form.

:>
    Can you make it to physical damage too for TV and CS? ^^

Deleted
    To me, it is a complete waste of talent points which could be used in Holy to boost your healing. Survivability is something we are going to have to get used to, especially when Avenging Wrath is on cool down.

Skip Zealotry for something more useful. I just try to build my talents based on how I am playing at the moment. Follow your heart, brah!

EDIT: I am curious about people's Seal of choice at the moment. I'm using righteousness cos the ramp up on Truth still seems too long. Any tips, my fellow crusaders?
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2010-11-02 at 06:50 PM. Reason: After-thought

Deleted
    if it is off the gcd and costs no HP than macro it to wings and you're a 20sec burst bitch dont get the problem at all ...

Deleted
    The only times I use Zealotry in PvP is when I respawn at a base that is under attack in Arathi Basin or Eye of the Storm, right after you get ressurected you start with 3 Holy Power and using Zealotry doesn't use them up.

Other than that, I've never been in the luxury of having 3 spare Holy Power to waste on it.

Oh wait, I used it one time when I thought "Yea, let's serve some whoopass!", and 3 seconds later I got killed. I should've used the Holy Power for a Word of Glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait, I used it one time when I thought "Yea, let's serve some whoopass!", and 3 seconds later I got killed. I should've used the Holy Power for a Word of Glory.
    story of my life bro