BIS Enchants (Prot)

While most enchants have remained unchanged can people review these enchants for me, some are controversial.

Shoulder - Dodge/Stam one
    Helm: Stam one

Back - This one I'm not sure whats best anymore, the armor one to me seems shat, and now the agil one is especially shitty, i dont know what to put here? Is haste a possiblity for threat or what?
    Legs: Stam/Agil - Still the best? I cant see any other replacements
    Bracer:Stam
    Feet: Stam or Stam+Increase Speed, I personally use tuskarr's but its preference I guess, kinda sucks we lost talent for increased speed.
    Weapon: WTF we put here, mongoose I guess threatworthy but definately not good for mitigation anymore, I personally added the expertise/hit one, so I can reforge all my hit to mastery on my gear instead of parry/dodge after the 21.xx% "caps"
    Shield: Stam or Titanium Plating thing - I added hit as well.
    Hands: Threat enchant
    Chest: Stats or Health? I personally have stats for str/stam, I'm assuming its "better" now that health is so high and amnt dmg taken increased

Though most people are still using the same back, glove, and shield enchants, these are good places to gain minor extra avoidance if you're incredibly close to the block cap. The agility back enchant actually gained in value versus the armor enchant because of this.

For similar reasons, Mongoose should actually be worth less now. You should already be capping block and so any extra avoidance you gain is only worth 70% what it was before. I'm still favoring Blood Draining, but 26 Agility to weapon is solid for the same reasons as the other avoidance enchants.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon enchant:
    Best tps: Accuracyhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59619
    After that (if you are hitcapped) best tps aint mongoose anymore, strength one gives more tps.
    For survivability, I don't even dare to say it but at the moment.. sigh.. *gulp* .. Blood draining http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64579..

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 03:42 PM ----------

But as you really shouldnt have any treat issues on single target bosses, go look for the survivability enchants.
    Check maintankadin for more info

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried out Black Magic for weapon and oddly enough...HOLY CRAP I can build threat! Way more that Berserker, crusher, armsman...

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr View Post
    I tried out Black Magic for weapon and oddly enough...HOLY CRAP I can build threat! Way more that Berserker, crusher, armsman...
    not sure if troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr View Post
    Makes sense, you are a warlock after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Weapon enchant:
    Best tps: Accuracyhttp://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59619
    After that (if you are hitcapped) best tps aint mongoose anymore, strength one gives more tps.
    For survivability, I don't even dare to say it but at the moment.. sigh.. *gulp* .. Blood draining http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64579..

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 03:42 PM ----------

But as you really shouldnt have any treat issues on single target bosses, go look for the survivability enchants.
    Check maintankadin for more info
    Agree heavily with the last sentence. Visit maintankadin.

Mongoose was never the best tps enchant for tanking (wotlk). It was always Accuracy(if not hit capped) and then potency. I personally go with +26agi, the blood draining one is best however.

To note on the other post and OP.

Gaffer: Armor is still the best enchant for back. If you aren't block capped through other means, agility is closer. However losing the +armor contribution from agility puts +armor farther ahead than it was.

OP:
    Pre-patch the pvp shoulder enchant was best, now it is the one from sons of hodir.
    Legs same
    Helm same
    Feet, you are right, eventually more people will switch to tuskarr's.
    Weapon, stated above, whatever you do dont get blade ward. At least we seem to get a decent option or 2 in Cata

Shield, Titanium Plating > Stam, debatable though depending on your preference.

Chest, Health > 10+ stats, unless u need the threat.

Hands, Armor > Stam

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can make choices everywhere now, in gems, enchants, gear, talents.
    Blizzard gave us a lot of choices to get better tps or get better avoidance.
    Which I think is nice

Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Gaffer: Armor is still the best enchant for back. If you aren't block capped through other means, agility is closer. However losing the +armor contribution from agility puts +armor farther ahead than it was.
    My point was that agility was that armor was the outright champion for cloak enchants pre-4.0.1. As long as block cap is a concern, there could be situations where using a cloak enchant with agility to gain small amounts of dodge will be beneficial. Although it's unlikely anyone will ever figure out those situations until someone puts together a utility to optimize mastery, enchant, and gemming options to hit block cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day, Mongoose was the best all around enchant.

However, currently it is not as good as it once was, mainly because Agility no longer gives armor.

Where did you see that at by chance? When I last visited MainTankadin they said Armor was not as great as it once was. Especially if you were doing ICC content that there was much more better alternatives. The Agility to cloak was best (and better than the dodge enchant).

I could be wrong and it could be already outdated, but that was what I last read a few days after patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Phosey Not trolling. You don't have to believe me. Just try it out and you will see.
    @BDF Obviously I am talking about Paladin considering this is a Prot Pally enchant thread.

Helm: Argent Crusade (Stam/Dodge)
    Shoulders: If block capped (30stam/15resil) if not block capped (Sons of Hodir)
    Cloak: 22agi
    Chest: 10 stats
    Bracers: 40stam
    Gloves: 18stam
    Legs: Stam/Agi
    Boots: 15stam+Minor run speed (but if you prefer 22stam go for it)
    Weapon: Blood Draining
    Shield: 18stam

These are the enchants I use and what I reccomend.

Sidenote: new titanium plating increases parry rating by 26.
    Last edited by Protozoa7; 2010-11-03 at 12:38 AM.

Shoulder: Hodir 22stam+20dodge

Helm: Argent Crusade 37stamina+20 dodge, and if engineer, slap on that mindcontrol with 40 stamina too, they apparently stack now.

Back: 225 armor

Legs: 55sta+22agi

Bracer: 40 Stamina

Feet: 22 stamina, i manage without the faster movement with the extra range we got now.
    you should have atleast 20 yard on judgement, lower CD on AS, and if you dont have anything on you, use your exorcism to catch things.

Weapon: mongoose or blood draining. those who claim the 20 str-enchant is worth it (potency)... just no.
    accuracy or 26 agi works too, haven´t tested out my uptime on mongoose that exsensively yet. Get some hit if you need it here.

Shield: Titanium Plating

Hands: 240 armor.

Chest: Health.

I find it funny that I could agree with just about every post here.

As Long as no one says Blade Ward.

One of the posters above me said it pretty well, they gave us choices.

Lucetie: I double checked the maintankadin 4.0.1 enchants thread as I was posting.

Gaffer: Not as hard as it sounds. 5% Miss chance + 15% Holy Shield + %dodge + %parry + %block, you want that number to be as close to 102.4% as possible without going over.

Macro taken from maintankadin:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

copy + paste that for your avoidance, you want it to be at 87.4% based on not having holy shield up

Also don't forget, being raid buffed will add around 3-5% avoidance depending on your stats.

wth +20 str o.O I LOL'd in RL
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Where did you see that at by chance? [...] The Agility to cloak was best (and better than the dodge enchant).
    Feel free to direct me to some numbers post on maintankadin, but my conclusions are drawn from the fact that you're likely to be block capped already so any extra avoidance you've gained is worth 70% as much as before. Armor is the only other option.

Gaffer: Not as hard as it sounds. 5% Miss chance + 15% Holy Shield + %dodge + %parry + %block, you want that number to be as close to 102.4% as possible without going over.
    I'm well aware of the block cap and how easy it is to attain. My point was that if you are exactly 22 agility's worth of dodge (counting your current diminishing returns) away from the block cap, you'd be better off adjusting your cloak enchant to agility instead of reforging a stat to mastery (likely putting you way over). I'm looking forward to someone putting together an optimizer that accounts for gear, enchants, gems, and reforging although the solution for it would be ridiculously complex.

Also, I've bolded part of your statement that is incorrect, ruzhy. You want to have at least 102.4% being over as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Feel free to direct me to some numbers post on maintankadin, but my conclusions are drawn from the fact that you're likely to be block capped already so any extra avoidance you've gained is worth 70% as much as before. Armor is the only other option.

I'm well aware of the block cap and how easy it is to attain. My point was that if you are exactly 22 agility's worth of dodge (counting your current diminishing returns) away from the block cap, you'd be better off adjusting your cloak enchant to agility instead of reforging a stat to mastery (likely putting you way over). I'm looking forward to someone putting together an optimizer that accounts for gear, enchants, gems, and reforging although the solution for it would be ridiculously complex.

Also, I've bolded part of your statement that is incorrect, ruzhy. You want to have at least 102.4% being over as little as possible.
    Yea that's what I meant for the part you bolded lol. Mistype.

I see what you are saying about gear adjustments. I tend to do a lot of the math myself but I can see how that would help and save time.

Here are the two threads from maintankadin I've been basing most of my comments from.

Enhancements
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

Block Cap (reforging)
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

Another thing I didn't mention that more or less makes me sound like I'm flip-flopping...
    Once you reach 102.4, you want to reforge out of mastery into more pure avoidance to reduce overall damage intake.

My personal opinion is that the +armor to cloak is still considered BiS because the bonus armor we receive has gone down a lot.