15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What do you guys think of the deal/him?
    I don't even know who he is. That about sums up my thoughts lol. A late round pick for a rotation DT can't be that bad though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of the guy, but looking at his stats I see this will be his third season and he currently has 24 tackles and 3 sacks over the course of 20 games. Not the most amazing stats, add that to his pelvic injury, and clearly a bad additude from punching a teamate I would say that Schiano did a good job of dumping him on the Bears. Not sure why the Bears see giving a late round pick for him, but I guess that's why I'm not a coach/gm.

The Bears also traded a 2nd round pick I think it was to the Bucs a few years back for Gaines Adams who was absolute garbage, couldnt get on the field and than that year he had a heart attack and died. It sucks the guy died but even before that it was one of the worst trades Ive ever seen. Heres hoping this one isnt quite as awful

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--br...dy-lerner.html

one of the articles about the sale of the Browns organization. personally, I'm actually excited by this move, outside of hiring Holmgren as "football czar" (whatever that actually means) the old dude didn't seem to do anything notable for the team, basically seemed to be a "see how long you can ride it out" approach. maybe the new guy will bring some excitement, because let's face it, the team has been boring to watch for years now.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...seeking-backup

Didn't know the Chargers planned on starting Whitehurst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Well, if they get stuck with Jarrett Lee, then they're SOL. He threw more interceptions in college than Brett Favre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    The Bears also traded a 2nd round pick I think it was to the Bucs a few years back for Gaines Adams who was absolute garbage, couldnt get on the field and than that year he had a heart attack and died. It sucks the guy died but even before that it was one of the worst trades Ive ever seen. Heres hoping this one isnt quite as awful
    Sadly I wasn't around that time, but I guess J.A. was the Gm around that time and I think that says it all. ( A 10 years old kid could do better than J.A.)
    Now it's Emery and I don't think that a 7th round pick for him was a bad trade. If he turn out to be shit okay, then it didn't go as planned, but must 7th round picks get cut anyway. If he benefits from a fresh start, I think we're looking at a potential starter from the analyse and other things I've read. What concerns me most is not the injurie but his sisters death, which I think have affacted him more than then injurie.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best Jerry Jones quote in a long time:
    "For me, it's a reminder," Jones said. "I've been here 23 years. I've been here when it was glory hole days and I've been here when it wasn't. And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole. So I have that perspective."
    Looks like there will be some additions to Cowboy Stadium this offseason.

Oh ya and there is ONE week until the start of the NFL season with the Hall of Fame Game between Arizona and New Orleans.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-30 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

the Chargers really dodged a bullet in signing Boller and then having him retire the next day, phew

maybe when he signed he thought they were still running martyball and all he'd have to do was hand off

15+ Year Old Account
    There have been some fun notes from training camps so far. Luck came out yesterday and completed 27 for 32 in his first day of camp. Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow yesterday in their first day? A combined 2 for 14.

Saints are giving an ex-high school coach a chance to be a WR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4907--nfl.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Saints are giving an ex-high school coach a chance to be a WR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4907--nfl.html
    Got to love the weird camp invitations to give guys a shot. Almost no chance he makes it, but when a guy like Laurent Robinson makes it thanks to a reality show, why not give guys a chance and take it seriously. Speaking of the Saints I heard Toon is absolutely killing it in camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    my first thought was the guy doesn't have much of a chance since his name isn't Nick Toon, but he could be a nice practice squad guy to have around if injuries creep up so good for him, hopefully healthy starters keep him out, but if he does make it in that'd be pretty neat

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...shut-his-mouth

I can't wait for 49ers/Saints game this year. I hope its as good as the last one.

Sigh another day of Eli Manning is a Hall of Famer talk.

Yes lets put a guy in the HOF that has never once been in the top 5 in QB Rating. Never once been in the top 3 in Passing Yards. Heck the only things he's ever lead the league in was Interceptions which he did twice. HOF? Gimme a break

Yes lets put a guy in the HOF that has never once been in the top 5 in QB Rating. Never once been in the top 3 in Passing Yards. Heck the only things he's ever lead the league in was Interceptions which he did twice. HOF? Gimme a break
    As much as I agree HOF should be based on stats, I think half of it needs to be based on come back performances. I think passing yards stats are way overrated.

15+ Year Old Account

My opinion on Eli Manning as a Hall of Fame member is who the fuck cares? Eli has half his freaking career left to play. Start make declarations on the Hall worthiness or players a year or two prior to retirement, not right now.

If I had to choose, nope I don't consider him a Hall player. Is Big Ben a Hall of Famer? Not yet in my eyes so I can't put Eli in there yet either. He is ahead of Big Ben, but not by an impressive enough margin for me to even begin to care about his possibility of being in there when he retires in 5-6+ years.

Do I have to post his numbers again? Do I? He's right on pace as far as stats go to be in line with most quarterbacks currently in the HoF. He has two Super Bowl wins and two SB MVP's. If his career continues at this rate, he is in. There should not be a doubt. If he wins one more Super Bowl, then this isn't even a discussion anymore. People were talking about Donovan fucking McNabb being in the HoF and you don't want to put Eli in? Come on.

stats are for losers when it comes to winning super bowls and winning them in style.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Do I have to post his numbers again? Do I? He's right on pace as far as stats go to be in line with most quarterbacks currently in the HoF. He has two Super Bowl wins and two SB MVP's. If his career continues at this rate, he is in. There should not be a doubt. If he wins one more Super Bowl, then this isn't even a discussion anymore. People were talking about Donovan fucking McNabb being in the HoF and you don't want to put Eli in? Come on.
    I don't want to put him in half way through his career. If he continues his career, has moderate success without winning another Super Bowl,, and continues putting up great numbers, sure he is a Hall member.

Super, I turn it on ESPN and they are apparently having a special first take solely about Tim Tebow's impact in New York. I wish they were doing Hard Knocks again. Half the reports are that Tebow is improving quite a lot as a passer. The other half of the reports say he can't throw the damn ball to save his life. Sanchez isn't doing much better in camp. Tom House says Tebow has drastically improved on his ability to throw and make adjustments and he is a pretty big deal. Looking forward to Jet drama after about week one of preseason when Sanchez starts, looks bad/mediocre, then Tebow comes in and blows up the second string and people start going nuts.