Ok, ok it's time for Serpenth's 2012 NFL Predictions! I have not gone through every single game of the schedule, my record predictions are based on how well I think each team will do so they some how mathematically may not work but you guys get the general idea.

(#) = playoff seed

AFC East

(1)New England Patriots 13-3
    New York Jets 8-8
    Buffalo Bills 7-9
    Miami Dolphins 5-11

Analysis: Patriots have not changed much, if anything they have gotten better. Sanchez will continue to struggle and people will begin to ponder whether or not the Bills jumped the gun on giving Fitzpatrick a long term deal. Tannehill will struggle in his rookie season, a lot.

AFC North

(4)Baltimore Ravens 11-5
    (5)Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5
    Cincinnati Bengals 8-8
    Cleveland Browns 4-12

Analysis: Pretty much the same story as last in this division minus the Bengals returning to the playoffs. I also predict Brandon Weeden will be this years Blaine Gabbert. Really horrible rookie Quarterback.

AFC South

(2)Houston Texans 12-4
    Tennessee Titans 9-7
    Indianapolis Colts 7-9
    Jacksonville Jaguars 3-13

Analysis: Houston will be a very well balanced team and be a heavy favorite for the Lombardi Trophy. The Titans will start off slow but make a mid season playoff push. Luck will give the Colts fans some hope with some exciting wins but he will still make some rookie mistakes. Expect them back in the hunt in 2013. The Jaguars on the other hand are hopeless and speculation will be heavy for a move after the season. Kahn may be paying out the big bucks to break his clause with the former owner.

AFC West

(3)Denver Broncos 12-4
    (6)Kansas City Chiefs 10-6
    San Diego Chargers 8-8
    Oakland Raiders 2-14

Analysis: I am firm believer that Peyton will make the Broncos a strong contender and they will disprove a lot of people conquering a tough schedule. The Chiefs will be a solid team with the Chargers going into the off season with very big questions on offense. The Raiders will be abysmal and likely have Matt Barkely on the top of their Draft Board - in October.

NFC East

(1)Philadelphia Eagles 13-3
    (6)New York Giants 10-6
    Washington Redskins 8-8
    Dallas Cowboys 7-9

Analysis: The dream finally comes true in Philadelphia with them being the heavy favorite in the NFC. The Giants will play tough all year but I don't predict as much salsa dancing. The skins will show some promise but won't be able to win many games in the division to stay in the race. The Cowboys just won't be good. Like the skins did last year, I think they move up to get a promising QB in the draft to challenge Romo for the job in 2013.

NFC North

(3)Green Bay Packers 11-5
    Chicago Bears 10-6
    Detroit Lions 9-7
    Minnesota Vikings 6-10

Analysis: WTF PACKERS 11-5????? Yup. The Bears will make some noise in the playoff hunt with the Lions starting out very strong like last year and self destructing mid season. The Vikings will still lack some major talent on defense but Ponder will show some promise that this team will make the NFC North that much tighter next year.

NFC South

(2)New Orleans Saints 12-4
    (5)Atlanta Falcons 10-6
    Carolina Panthers 8-8
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7-9

Analysis: The Saints will be a remarkable story getting through this season with all that has happened. The Falcons will look really good but just lose some tight games while the Panthers show 1 man can't win a super bowl. The Bucs just aren't there yet and may have to figure out what's up with Josh Freeman.

NFC West

(4)San Francisco 49ers 10-6
    Seattle Seahawks 8-8
    St Louis Rams 7-9
    Arizona Cardinals 4-12

Analysis: The 49ers take the division while the Seahawks are the Seahawks. The Rams show a lot of promise and make a lot of people believe that after the next Draft they will have all the pieces. Arizona will go back and forth between Kolb and Skelton for the first 5 weeks but after that nobody will care because they'll have won one game.

PLAYOFFS!

Wild Card Weekend Byes: New England, Houston, Philadelphia, New Orleans

(3) Denver Broncos defeat (6) Kansas City Chiefs
    (4) Baltimore Ravens defeat (5) Pittsburgh Steelers
    (6) New York Giants defeat (3) Green Bay Packers
    (4) San Francisco 49ers defeat (5) Atlanta Falcons

Divisional Round

(1) New England Patriots defeat (4) Baltimore Ravens
    (2) Houston Texans defeat (3) Denver Broncos
    (1) Philadelphia Eagles defeat (6) New York Giants
    (4) San Francisco 49ers defeat (2) New Orleans Saints

Conference Championships

(2) Houston Texans defeat (1) New England Patriots
    (1) Philadelphia Eagles defeat (4) San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl

Philadelphia Eagles defeat Houston Texans

That was kind of fun. My Analysis' got a little lazy but whatever. Let me know what you think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oo oo guess I'll do this too, gonna be terribly wrong but what would be the fun if I didn't?

NFC East

Philadelphia 10-6
    Dallas 9-7
    NY Giants 8-8
    Washington 5-11

Hardest division to predict I think. Nobody's really dominant, and it's a bunch of could'ves. Not giving RG3 the Cam Newton rookie season stats, so the Redskins still struggle

NFC North

Green Bay 14-2
    Chicago 11-5
    Detroit 8-8
    Minnesota 2-14

Still not sold on Stafford or Cutler, and there's no reason Green Bay can't repeat what they did last year.

NFC South

Atlanta 10-6
    New Orleans 9-7
    Carolina 7-9
    Tampa Bay 5-11

Saints drop off due to the obvious issues. Weakest NFC division

NFC West

San Francisco 14-2
    Seattle 9-7
    Arizona 6-10
    St. Louis 4-12

Not much to say here, the 49er's are too dominant right now.

AFC East

New England 12-4
    Buffalo 9-7
    New york Jets 8-8
    Miami 4-12

Yep, I got Buffalo breaking .500. Deal with it

AFC North

Pittsburgh 12-4
    Baltimore 10-6
    Bengals 9-7
    Cleveland 3-13

Poor Cleveland. Anyway, not sold on Baltimore's defense remaining strong, I say Pittsburgh breaks away this year.

AFC South

Houston 9-7
    Tennessee 7-9
    Indianapolis 6-10
    Jacksonville 4-12

Young QB in Tennessee, and not one that puts up Cam Newton numbers. Veteran coaching him in Hasslebeck, but still. Houston takes it easily. Luck gives Indy something to hope for in the future.

AFC West

Denver 12-4
    San Diego 9-7
    Oakland 7-9
    Kansas City 6-10

Yeah, this division is all about Manning, and what he's going to do with a good team around him. Insert division win, and not a last week nailbiter like last year
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-03 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    Ok, ok it's time for Serpenth's 2012 NFL Predictions! I have not gone through every single game of the schedule, my record predictions are based on how well I think each team will do so they some how mathematically may not work but you guys get the general idea.
    lol ya you'd have to take away 14 wins and turn them into losses for it to work out it looks like. Its usually what happens when people make standings predictions they tend to give out more wins than possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    lol ya you'd have to take away 14 wins and turn them into losses for it to work out it looks like. Its usually what happens when people make standings predictions they tend to give out more wins than possible.
    mmm ok, I may go through schedule and redo them then. I may just make the dolphins -9 and call it even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm not pro enough to make rankings. If I did I would just curse every team I ranked high.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Steelers and Ravens go 12-4 again this year. However, the Ravens have to be concerned with the lack of Suggs on the outside. From what I've read, Upshaw lost the battle to Kindle and we'll have to wait to see Upshaw start for at least another year. This could spell doom for the Ravens as ultimately, it's Suggs that lets Ngata do what Ngata does best, not the other way around.

"Experts" have the Steelers struggling this year, which comes as no surprise. Every year we hear the same thing - "too old. getting slow. need to get younger" and every year we're top 3, if not number 1. The loss of DeCastro was devastating, but we'll manage 7 games - 8 weeks - without him. We've done it before and we'll do it again. Just my opinion as a Steelers fan.

Division winners:

NFC

Packers / 12-4

Eagles / 11-5

Panthers / 11 - 5

9ers / 10 - 6

AFC

Steelers / 12 - 4

Patriots / 15 - 1 (Have you seen their schedule? It's a little insane how a 31st ranked team gets this kind of schedule.)

Texans / 12 - 4

Broncos / 10 - 6

I won't go into wildcards because it's really hard to predict, especially in the case of Baltimore. We'll see by week 4 if the loss of Suggs is as devastating as I think it's going to be, and that could spell an 8-8 season which would be disappointing as I'd love to see the Steelers and Ravens in the title game.

'Scuse me for only going into the AFC North, particularly the Steelers / Ravens. It's what I know best, and thought I'd toss my opinion in. Great discussion so far, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kellen Winslow worked out with NE today. Apparently the reason why Seattle cut him is because of his performance in practice, and history of injuries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Kellen Winslow worked out with NE today. Apparently the reason why Seattle cut him is because of his performance in practice, and history of injuries.
    And he had a fat paycheck due to him iirc. Also, seriously NE? WTF. How many freaking TEs do they need? Winslow would give them FOUR NFL starter caliber TEs. That is completely absurd. Seriously Pats, stop fucking with the fantasy potential of Hernandez.

Also, <3 the Turbin sig. That dude is going to form a beast pairing with Lynch. He just needs a nickname to accompany Skittles now (or is Beast Mode his "official" nickname). Googling "Skittles and" does not return any usable results at all if you remember a story from earlier this year in Florida.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-04 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marshawn Lynch is uncertain for Sunday with back spasms, speaking of Turbin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    And he had a fat paycheck due to him iirc. Also, seriously NE? WTF. How many freaking TEs do they need? Winslow would give them FOUR NFL starter caliber TEs. That is completely absurd. Seriously Pats, stop fucking with the fantasy potential of Hernandez.

Also, <3 the Turbin sig. That dude is going to form a beast pairing with Lynch. He just needs a nickname to accompany Skittles now (or is Beast Mode his "official" nickname). Googling "Skittles and" does not return any usable results at all if you remember a story from earlier this year in Florida.
    Yeah the paycheck, forgot. I agree with NE hoarding TEs. Its insane, but they might want one that can block with how their O line is performing.

Thanks, I have a lot of hope for Turbin. Lots of people call him Turbinator, considering his arms. Such a great backup to Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Marshawn Lynch is uncertain for Sunday with back spasms, speaking of Turbin.
    Oh.... now I have a choice of RBs to play in my fantasy teams.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh that sucks since Marshawn Lynch was my 2nd pick of the draft I'm not sweating it that much but still wth is up with that back spasms give me a break.

Also: Hockey player would be out there with a root canal, half a finger missing, and a broken nose NFL player has a hang nail their out for the season.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-09-04 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ehh that sucks since Marshawn Lynch was my 2nd pick of the draft I'm not sweating it that much but still wth is up with that back spasms give me a break.

Also: Hockey player would be out there with a root canal, half a finger missing, and a broken nose NFL player has a hang nail their out for the season.
    Pete is very anal about resting players. From a team perspective, we have a TON of RB depth...

I'm not worried at all if Lynch sits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Nick Lidstrom once got speared in the balls in the playoffs. Missed two games thanks to emergency surgery to prevent the loss of his balls. That right there takes, well, balls.

I thought Marshawn had a suspension coming his way at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Nick Lidstrom once got speared in the balls in the playoffs. Missed two games thanks to emergency surgery to prevent the loss of his balls. That right there takes, well, balls.

I thought Marshawn had a suspension coming his way at some point.
    Wow...

Wont happen till next year, cause he wasn't prosecuted before the season started... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Man I'm not pro enough to make rankings. If I did I would just curse every team I ranked high.
    I see a robert turbin in your sig.. this makes me very happy.

Seahawks D looks vicious and Wilson is the most exciting thing I saw all pre-season.

Would anyone know of a way to watch tonight's game without a TV or subscription to any kind of website that would normally allow me to do such watching? Also without going out? Is this against the rules to even talk about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Would anyone know of a way to watch tonight's game without a TV or subscription to any kind of website that would normally allow me to do such watching? Also without going out? Is this against the rules to even talk about?
    Its against the rules when someone mentions an illegal streaming site but right now, nah you should be fine for us to say, there isn't really a site we can mention. With the game being on NBC, I doubt they are streaming it online on their website. And even once you find some place, of questionable legality, it will be squished within minutes because NBC incredibly controlling with their material just take a look at some well known EU streaming sites that were killed basically because they streamed the Olympics to people in the US in real time rather than making folks wait for delays on the ceremonies.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-05 at 06:07 PM.

The game is on NBC, so you can try their website. Not sure if they let you watch online. If you're asking for illegal websites, I doubt that is something that could be discussed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    I see a robert turbin in your sig.. this makes me very happy.

Seahawks D looks vicious and Wilson is the most exciting thing I saw all pre-season.
    Thanks.

Earl Thomas is actually my favorite player, but hard to find pics of him in the new jerseys.

I'm going to get myself one soon, though.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 12:35 PM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Oh wow, lol.

Despite my belief that the Giants wont be that good this year and the fact I actually think the Cowboys will end up as a better team when its all said and done. I do expect the Giants to win tonight in a decently competitive game.