15+ Year Old Account
    Its over you guys. Its over. We can go back to hating the good old fashion officials as god intended. Reportedly a deal is in place or about to be and the refs could be back as soon as this week. Roger Gooddell has seen your tears. He has seen your gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes. And lo, he hath saw that it was bad and has solveth the problem. Sure he created the problem, but god knows they are all going to call this a victory.

Now if fucking Gary Bettman could get the owners to bend in the NHL just a bit we might have hockey this year...

Note: According to Peter King the head of the NFLRA told the refs a deal is not imminent though so who the fuck knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    This article says it's unlikely it will end this week, but progress has been made http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nf...her-week-.html

You cannot tell me that the MNF game did not affect their talks any, even though the NFL will refuse to admit it.

Possibly awesome then?

I heard an interesting statement from Aaron Rodgers while I was in CVS today. I don't rememebr exactly what he said but it was basically that he feel for the refs and the position they are in because all they want is to make sure they are taken care of and the problem is a few rich white guys (fairly certain he used those words, old might have been in there too) aren't willing to take the small hit in profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a religious man, but I'm praying this ends soon.

I'm actually starting to watch games just to see how badly the refs can fuck it up because I can't actually appreciate a good game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    HA just noticed the Packers are playing the Saints this week. Welcome to 0-4 New Orleans! WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT
    Sadly, I can see a 0-16 Saints team as being reality.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Haha, no. They still have a potent offense, and there are some terrible teams out there.

On that note, have Yahoo's Power Rankings http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9514--nfl.html

I'm not really one for ranking all 32 teams, but I guess I can't really argue with much of it. Except, as I mentioned, number 32.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it before preseason, and honestly it stuck with me even though there was hype during preseason. What people forget is not only Sean Peyton out... but they have a new defensive coordinator. I think we all know how their defense is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Haha, no. They still have a potent offense, and there are some terrible teams out there.

On that note, have Yahoo's Power Rankings http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9514--nfl.html

I'm not really one for ranking all 32 teams, but I guess I can't really argue with much of it. Except, as I mentioned, number 32.
    Hahaha holy fuck these power rankings are the worst I've ever seen. Too much to tear apart for me to bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, even Sports Science got in on it. And while there wasn't much science involved like the other ones, it was rather definite he didn't agree with the NFL.

Belichick fined 50k for his arm grab on the ref.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was all like "lol no" when I read this post. The Saints have to play some god awful teams at some point they will smash. Then I looked at their schedule.
    Green Bay coming off being robbed of a win and will undoubtedly be looking for blood
    San Diego- Terrible, but occasionally they look like a really good team (I think the Saints win this one especially with it being at home)
    Tampax2-They aren't rolling over and dying for anyone anymore
    Denver- Decent team plus it is in Denver
    Philly- Great team if they can manage to stop turning the ball over
    Atlantax2- Great team
    Oakland-Who the hell knows. In Oakland but I think Saints win it
    San Fran-Great team
    Giants- Great or mediocre team depending on the day of the week
    Dallas-Who the hell knows. I personally don't think they will have the same coaching staff for this game in week 16 as they have now
    Carolina-Who the hell knows.

That schedule is straight up nuts. 0-16 is a stretch, 3-13 is not if their defense can't improve. I will say this though, this is almost exactly what New York's defense looked like under Spags when he took over for the first couple games. Their defense got shelled, people were calling for blood, then they turned it around and looked just ridiculous. I don't think that is necessarily out of the cards for the Saints, but they certainly can't be this bad for the next 13 games, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    people like to dump on the Saints but nobody can justify putting them last in a league that still has the Cleveland Browns in it

Let's not forget that the Saints didn't exactly have a good defense last year. They won by scoring a billion points, not by stopping anyone. So this defense changes coordinators, loses a couple of it's best players, and the team in general is using it's interim-interim coach, and we expected something good to come of it? That being said, I was pretty damn skeptical that the Saints would win the division again like nothing happened, but I certainly didn't expect them to revert to the Ain'ts quite so soon. The way this season is going though, it wouldn't surprise me if they turned it around and went 11-5 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally found a vid of the bad PI call on Kam Chancellor (I said Earl Thomas in my writeup, I was wrong)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0k24XXf-0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That schedule is straight up nuts. 0-16 is a stretch, 3-13 is not if their defense can't improve. I will say this though, this is almost exactly what New York's defense looked like under Spags when he took over for the first couple games. Their defense got shelled, people were calling for blood, then they turned it around and looked just ridiculous. I don't think that is necessarily out of the cards for the Saints, but they certainly can't be this bad for the next 13 games, right?
    Our defense is terrible, yes, but that isn't the main source of our woes. We've won in the past with a bad defense because of our fantastic offense. Now? The O-line has turned into complete garbage. Drew is running for his life on damned near every play, which is forcing him to make bad decisions. Our receivers and star TE have seemingly forgotten how to catch. Ingram has yet to produce the results expected of someone drafted in the first round. Oh, and Aaron Kromer is completely lost, bewildered, and useless as a head coach. Having Joe Vitt take over as HC will help, but not as drastically as we need.

So, yeah, unless there are some drastic changes and improvements to the offense, we'll be lucky to win a handful of games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Our defense is terrible, yes, but that isn't the main source of our woes. We've won in the past with a bad defense because of our fantastic offense. Now? The O-line has turned into complete garbage. Drew is running for his life on damned near every play, which is forcing him to make bad decisions. Our receivers and star TE have seemingly forgotten how to catch. Ingram has yet to produce the results expected of someone drafted in the first round. Oh, and Aaron Kromer is completely lost, bewildered, and useless as a head coach. Having Joe Vitt take over as HC will help, but not as drastically as we need.

So, yeah, unless there are some drastic changes and improvements to the offense, we'll be lucky to win a handful of games this season.
    It's just the Hosting Superbowl Curse, you'll be fine next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

Guh, it is making me sad......Atleast I have the Texans to root for...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Lockout is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I declare my two day boycott of the NFL successful!

Guess my boycott worked as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Packers and Packers fans are pissed it didn't happen just a bit sooner haha.

Yay no more 6-hour MNF games