'Atta boy Stafford, throw those picks.

wish they'd go back to the 90s rules. defensive players back then were allowed to play defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    when you fake a punt.... yeah that's kinda something you can say is dickish.
    Did Seattle really fake a punt up this much? If so ya that is a dick move. If you are running the ball though and you keep scoring because they can't stop you, well that is when it becomes their problem. Faking punts though would be a different story lol.

I am honestly at a loss for words over how fucking furious I am about the Lions performance today. I don't know the last time I was so frustrated with this team. Ryan Lindley has 104 yards passing and 1 pick yet the Cards are now up 38-10. THIRTY EIGHT TO TEN. i don't even remember being this frustratedly disappointed in the 0-16 team which was just a bad, bad team. This Lions team is not. They found a fucking running game. Megatron is still on pace to set the record for most receiving yards.

In a long season of pathetic losses, the Chiefs losing 15-0 on 5 Janikowski field goals takes the fucking cake. The Raiders can't play defense yet they are shutting out the Chiefs. Brady Quinn, NFL starting QB everybody.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Though the Cowboys fan in me would like to be winning, The football fan thinks this game is really good. It's 2 good teams that have been struggling this season playing really good ball.

If I had to put a finger on it, it's Stafford. He's had a few decent games this season, but it seems like he gets bailed out by the best receiver in football every game. The guy makes absolutely bone-headed decisions and I've never seen him elevate his play past gunning the ball as hard as he can to his receivers and hoping they catch it before the defense does. He has a very strong arm and he can be accurate sometimes, but if you gave him the Seahawks' receivers he'd look a lot like Mark Sanchez.

I know I'll be considered silly for saying this, but if they put in the kid from Boise Stafford would be a backup until his contract ran out. They've got a guy on their roster who notoriously picked apart defenses methodically and intelligently his entire college career - I don't see any reason not to give him a go if Stafford continues being Stafford.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol did the Raiders just win without scoring a TD...

Just waiting on Alex Smith to Arizona to happen after the season. That defense, Fitz, Beanie Wells... all going to waste.

By the way, I reverse my opinion on Whisenhunt if he can get Alex Smith or someone equally good. I say he keeps his job for the sake of continuity if they can get a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Yeah that must have been one hell of a game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Just waiting on Alex Smith to Arizona to happen after the season. That defense, Fitz, Beanie Wells... all going to waste.

By the way, I reverse my opinion on Whisenhunt if he can get Alex Smith or someone equally good. I say he keeps his job for the sake of continuity if they can get a good QB.
    i figure vick will end up there because anyone who can't run around to buy time and get it to fitz is gonna be useless. vick isn't scared of getting hit, he's better when they let him run around and kolb there to back him up is already perfect. kolb can get it done, just not 16 games. vick is good for 12. there are no quality OL to pick up anywhere. even in the draft, a guy like barret jones has been whipped all year long.

good OL are hard to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Tennessee did it a few years ago when Rob Bironas put up 6 or 7 field goals. Broke records I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i figure vick will end up there because anyone who can't run around to buy time and get it to fitz is gonna be useless. vick isn't scared of getting hit, he's better when they let him run around and kolb there to back him up is already perfect. kolb can get it done, just not 16 games. vick is good for 12. there are no quality OL to pick up anywhere. even in the draft, a guy like barret jones has been whipped all year long.

Alex Smith isn't an immobile QB though. He has legs, so I think it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

Vick's never winning a ring. Ever. I want Alex Smith because we know he can manage the game with a good defense and he plays efficient, smart (if conservative) football.

By the way, Cards would never keep Kolb if they got Vick. Kolb's contract was 52 mill/5 years and he's only been through two of those years so far. Soon as someone better comes along he's goooooooone.

Wow, 50-17, 2 50 point games in a row. This reminds me of putting it on Pro in madden and running up the score. Now if they can bring this to the playoffs then hot damn.

I'm really excited too see the Seahawks/Niners game now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If I had to put a finger on it, it's Stafford. He's had a few decent games this season, but it seems like he gets bailed out by the best receiver in football every game. The guy makes absolutely bone-headed decisions and I've never seen him elevate his play past gunning the ball as hard as he can to his receivers and hoping they catch it before the defense does. He has a very strong arm and he can be accurate sometimes, but if you gave him the Seahawks' receivers he'd look a lot like Mark Sanchez.

I know I'll be considered silly for saying this, but if they put in the kid from Boise Stafford would be a backup until his contract ran out. They've got a guy on their roster who notoriously picked apart defenses methodically and intelligently his entire college career - I don't see any reason not to give him a go if Stafford continues being Stafford.
    Dude I am so sick of Stafford. As the season has went on he has made more and more poor decisions. I don't think the Lions passing game would be particularly good at all if they didn't have a guy who required a double and safety help constantly. I am getting so freaking sick of seeing Stafford drop his arm down and do a sidearm throw. At this point it isn't a clever move to open a throwing lane. It is pure laziness and a bad habit that he falling back on constantly and it is hurting the team. I'm not ready to jump ship on him totally, but I am really getting there. The Lions have a number of issues they need to look at in the offseason and I don't think Stafford is probably high on the list. The biggest areas are the mediocre O-line which is still bad at run blocking, Cherlius who takes penalties constantly (he killed two or three early drives with holding and false starts), the terrible secondary and the mediocre play of what was once considered one of the best D-lines in the NFL. Oh ya and the complete dearth of quality WRs behind Johnson. Our #2 guy became such a headcase he started intentionally lining up wrong and running the wrong routes. The Lions need to fire Schwartz and try and get some sense of discipline and responsibility into the organization.

Yeah, Schwartz definitely needs to go as well. Team discipline is huge, and when there's a quality coach you can never really count a team out of winning a game. Something teams like NE, Denver, HOU, SF have is a very large lack of fuckups like that, and that contributes a ton.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure they should go through with this kick... Garrett just punt it and have the D try to force overtime.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 12:40 AM ----------

OK Thank you Garrett

Insane pick. That first camera angle was awesome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Icing a 20 yard kick? Well I guess if you have the TO you gotta try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure they should go through with this kick... Garrett just punt it and have the D try to force overtime.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 12:40 AM ----------

OK Thank you Garrett
    If it were the last play of regulation, I would have kicked it. I'm not sure who Dan Bailey is, but he's damn accurate. Not sure about his distance.

Either way, worked out. But guess what? Dallas wins....another close game. Can they ever close someone out without drama?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If it were the last play of regulation, I would have kicked it. I'm not sure who Dan Bailey is, but he's damn accurate. Not sure about his distance.

Either way, worked out. But guess what? Dallas wins....another close game. Can they ever close someone out without drama?
    I know right. Inside the 50 Bailey is money, but 62 is tough for any kicker.

must win scenario for steelers now. Match up vs Cincinnati next week is going to be as violent as ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."