Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right when I was ready to count them out the Pats do this. Always hard to count the Patriots out...

Denver's got the no.2 seed if they win out against Cleveland and KC. Life is good!

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost had several heart attacks in the last five minutes there. I had uttered the most amount of swear words I have ever even heard in the amount of time from Ginn bumbling the ball and landing on it with about seventeen.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I had uttered the most amount of swear words I have ever even heard in the amount of time from Ginn bumbling the ball and landing on it with about seventeen.
    I had the same reaction on James' kickoff return... probably a swear for every 5 yards, fucking pats special teams. At least the Giants got trounced, go Washington!

Deleted
    Have to say I don't think SF could have produced the same results if it was a clear night in Foxborough, I think the rain, in the 1st half especially, introduced a lot of randomness to the game (dropped passed, fumbles, bad timings etc.). It was nice seeing the Pats come back, though not being able to close it, but you can't really blame them, being behind by 4 TD's is rough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, once again Janikowski kicks a team to death.

I was always going to be annoyed with the result of this game, if we lost it'd be anger at losing to the Chiefs, if we won it would be giving up the shot at #1 pick.

Then we won in the most terrible fashion possible..
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you Sanchez, Y U NO STOP THRWING PCKS?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Why. Are. The. Jets. Still. Playing. Mark. Sanchez.

Does anyone have an answer that makes sense?

At this point I think it's for the publicity. They'll get more if they make headlines about not putting Tebow in. Or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    At this point I think it's for the publicity. They'll get more if they make headlines about not putting Tebow in. Or something.
    I like how Rex Ryan just out and contradicts himself in the interviews. "We put Tebow in because it was planned for him to go in on the third series. We wanted him to get more playtime this game"

"We didn't put him in the second half because that's just what the game dictated. You have to make the decisions as the game progresses."

Paraphrasing, but yeah. I don't know what's wrong, but you really have to guess that Ryan is on his way out like Andy Reid is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I was praying that they put Tebow in the last drive of the game at the LEAST

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IOAJDGIOAJGAIOGJAIOGJAGIAJGOIAGJAIOGJ /wrists

I'll be in NY tomorrow applying for the QB position if anybody needs me. Honestly, I can't be any worse.

i genuinely feel bad for jets fan. first your #1 fan said hes not going to anymore games, and Sanchez wastes thousands of peoples tickets.

Honestly i don't know how anyone can be a jets fan after tonight's game
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Have to say I don't think SF could have produced the same results if it was a clear night in Foxborough, I think the rain, in the 1st half especially, introduced a lot of randomness to the game (dropped passed, fumbles, bad timings etc.). It was nice seeing the Pats come back, though not being able to close it, but you can't really blame them, being behind by 4 TD's is rough!
    Wait, wasn't the weather supposed to work for the Pats favor, atleast that's what some of the talk was about prior to the game from..................... everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Wait, wasn't the weather supposed to work for the Pats favor, atleast that's what some of the talk was about prior to the game from..................... everyone.
    I think it benefited the Pats more anyway. The 9ers had, like, 4, squirted snaps or something? One on 4th and short. It may have helped with all the turnovers in the first half, but ridley still didn't get playing time when it cleared up in the second, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    I think it benefited the Pats more anyway. The 9ers had, like, 4, squirted snaps or something? One on 4th and short. It may have helped with all the turnovers in the first half, but ridley still didn't get playing time when it cleared up in the second, so who knows.
    Here's an article on it I saw on ESPN. Explains how the 9ers got lucky with fumble recoveries and those were pretty much all in the first half:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-week-15-news

I think the 9ers deserved to win that though. Harbaugh outcoached Belichick (that fake punt was nice) and their offense with Kaepernick is on fire. The only thing that almost got in their way was Tom Brady being Tom Brady (4 TDs in 15 minutes???????) but they were actually able to score right after that and put the game away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

$8 million guaranteed, but its too late now for him to turn it around, it will be cute when they have an $8 million backup next year

and winning terribly is the only way the Raiders win at all

15+ Year Old Account
    That Sanchez guy is really good. The free agent market for him is going to be huge if the Jets cut him. I almost feel sorry for Tebow. How bad can you possibly be that you don't get put in when the starter has 4 INTs and is doing everything imaginable to cost you the game, but you still have a chance to win on the last drive before another turnover? Tebow isn't better than that? If not, might be time to find another profession. I wonder if people will stop trying to shirk the blame onto the poor receiver group now. They aren't the reason Sanchez is going Ryan Lindley and throwing it way over their heads or just missing them so incredibly badly you don't know who the intended target is.

Oops I was wrong, Dilfer is on Mike and Mike defending Sanchez's poor fragile mental state because of how the organization has treated him. Sanchez is a professional athlete making millions and millions of dollars. If his emotional state is so fragile because "the team put him in the position to just not screw up, not to win" then he probably shouldn't be the starting QB for anyone.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-18 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Bad weather favors run heavy teams. The 9'ers is a lot more run heavy than the Patriots despite what statistics may say, most of the run yards the Patriots get come off the fact that they are either up by a mile or other defences have to defend vs the pass, which opens up running lanes for Ridley. Also bad weather introduces more mistakes (fumbles etc.) in the end mistakes can go both ways and i'd say that the Patriots got the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Denver's got the no.2 seed if they win out against Cleveland and KC. Life is good!
    It will be a typical peyton manning season, play no one in the reg season and lose in the early rounds of the playoffs.

All i heard last week about atl's quality wins yet no one mentions denver. Does anyone have a weaker schedule than them?