15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Dez is in the same boat as Newton they are headcases. Dez of course is more off in the deep end but yeah. How many receivers in the first round did the Lions take before they got Megatron.
    Please don't make me remember that Charlie Rogers existed. AND THAT THE LIONS TOOK HIM AHEAD OF ANDRE FUCKING JOHNSON. Could you imagine if the Lions had bookend receivers of Dre and Megatron? I just teared up a little thinking about how ridiculous that would be. Or what if the Lions had sucked a little bit more in 2003 and took fucking Fitz four picks earlier rather than taking Roy Williams? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Or the next year when the took Mike Williams over Ware or Aaron Rodgers despite needs at both those positions. Fuck my life. Looking at the mid-2000s drafts are so depressing.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's why I'm like you really hate the Pistons when the Lions have had crappy ownership/GM's the last decade or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's why I'm like you really hate the Pistons when the Lions have had crappy ownership/GM's the last decade or two.
    I stupidly hold out hope for relevance for the Lions which is ironic since the Pistons have been relevant in the last decade while the Lions have been relevant for literally two years in my entire life! Guess it helps that with League Pass I can jump on a teams bandwagon and watch them 82 nights of the year (plus playoffs which the Wolves are totally making) whereas football is 16 days of watching and I can bite the bullet and watch the Lions through that. Although I think I would wash my hands of that team for the rest of the season if it wasn't for the Megatron record chase. That game last week soured me on them badly. Also football is more team oriented whereas basketball you can follow specific players easier. The Wolves already had three of my favorite players (Love, Rubio, Pek) and added two more this offseason (Ak47 and Roy) and Shved is quickly getting up there. If I was making a team of my favorite players on NBA 2K13 it would basically be the entire Wolves team lol. Whereas I fucking hate almost everyone on the Pistons because they have quit on their last two coaches, suck, and are douches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monroe isn't bad. Detroit just needs to go back to playing Defense like they did years ago and be more physically aggressive on the O side of it. On the NFL side yeah Detroit has the Sanders curse or some shit that equals out to the Babe Ruth curse trade that Sox suffered through. Hey brighten up the Lions might win the superbowl 80 years from now...

My argument was not that he isn't a good quarterback. This time. He's a known commodity though. His career splits for the month of December are just awful. His playoff numbers are worse. This is the first year I can think of that Romo hasn't been awful in December, and I watch a shit ton of NFC East football. By the way, calling those Giants teams "great" and "loaded" is such revisionist history. Both teams snuck into the playoffs, and if the most recent iteration didn't remind people so much of the previous one, people would have said neither team even belonged in the post season.

No, my argument here was that this team isn't working as constructed. This is an 8-8 football team. You don't have to draft a QB number one if you get that. Draft a left tackle. Draft a wide out. Or someone on defense to give Ware some kind of help. My contention is that you don't finish 8-8 or 9-7 but out of the post season (yet again) and pretend that everything is fine and you'll get em next year. 8-8 just is who Tony Romo, Garrett and the rest of this Cowboys team is. If they sucked, they could start over. Hell if they finish 1-15, the world might end and Jones will realize he's a shitty GM and fire himself. So Maybe if Romo leaves he'll go to (random team) Arizona and win a title there. Good for him. This Dallas team never will. I absolutely don't think Romo is their only problem. He's not even their biggest problem, since he's been good this year.

Also, conscript, if you make a list of franchise QB's and don't list Eli Manning, I'm not really sure what criteria you're using. Especially if you include Luck, Griffin, and Wilson who haven't finished their first season and Roethlisberger who must have a body held together by duct tape and the dreams of children at this point. Also Matt Ryan who is a joke. Let's see Matty Ice not shit the bed in the playoffs just one time before we include him. The rookies could all be there. Let's revisit this in year three.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think Dallas will draft a QB in the mid rounds this year (whether he pans out is a different story) to groom. But to say that Romo, or Garrett is incapable of going all the way is pretty stupid. Garrett has been a HC 2 whole seasons, not every coach comes in with immediate success. Romo has lead the Cowboys to a 8-8 season sure, but he has also lead them to a 13-3 season. The fact is this Cowboys TEAM is not as good as it was in 07 and 09, but they are trending upwards from the last 2 years and I think with a few more pieces they will be able to make a very convincing run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I actually think Dallas will draft a QB in the mid rounds this year (whether he pans out is a different story) to groom. But to say that Romo, or Garrett is incapable of going all the way is pretty stupid. Garrett has been a HC 2 whole seasons, not every coach comes in with immediate success. Romo has lead the Cowboys to a 8-8 season sure, but he has also lead them to a 13-3 season. The fact is this Cowboys TEAM is not as good as it was in 07 and 09, but they are trending upwards from the last 2 years and I think with a few more pieces they will be able to make a very convincing run.
    And all those pieces are conveniently located directly in front of Tony Romo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And all those pieces are conveniently located directly in front of Tony Romo.
    Yeah that's certainly what it seems to look like.

I watch the Cowboys a lot. They just aren't that good. They are very mediocre at several key positions. Garrett is almost as bad at game management as Andy Reid. The o line is bad. This isn't a team that's just one piece away.

I hope Romo stays in Dallas a long time. The Eagles are rebuilding, the only team I have to worry about in the division is Washington if RG3 stays this good. Truth be told, once Washington is healthy next year, that's the best team in the division.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Romo is not the Cowboys issue. Never has been. Reid has been a coach for 13-14 years, Garrett 2. He can still learn clock management, Reid is hopeless at this point as he is too set in his ways.

The O line is the only thing I would say is bad about the cowboys, as it directly negatively affects the passing and running game. It will be addressed in the off season, and I never said 1 piece away. I never even said 1 season away, I said a few peaces away and that could take even 1-2 years to build (ask the Eagles how buying all your pieces in 1 off season worked out). I honestly think Romo will sign a 3-4 year extension and by the time that is up he will have been replaced by, or is about to be replaced by some young guy that we have been grooming.

10+ Year Old Account
    they'd be well served letting Felix go at this point and finding a more reliable backup for Murray since he seems to get banged up, that way their run game would be more consistent from game to game

there is never a shortage of veteran RBs, they just have to find one that isn't a crybaby like Jacobs

obviously any attention they can give to their OLine is crucial

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they'd be well served letting Felix go at this point and finding a more reliable backup for Murray since he seems to get banged up, that way their run game would be more consistent from game to game

there is never a shortage of veteran RBs, they just have to find one that isn't a crybaby like Jacobs

obviously any attention they can give to their OLine is crucial
    I wouldn't mind a veteran back up RB. I don't know what happened to Felix though, it seems like he lost a lot of the explosiveness he had a rookie. I really want Murray and Austin to figure out how to protect their legs. If they could stay 100% our offense would be scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felix is small that's what's wrong with Felix. I know there are a few really good RB's but really the life of a RB is short in the NFL they take beatings they are not protected like QB's and WR's and it's not a sexy position like the two I just named. IDK I think in a few more years it will be one of the least payed positions with the smallest contacts besides punters and kickers of course.

There is no way I would take that head case Newton over Romo. Teammates seem to like Tony Romo so to other players in the league most people do not like Newton which goes a long way esp in the locker room.
    Everyone who's great is a head case. Tom Brady is a fucking head case. You see how depressed he gets when he loses? Only an emotionally unstable person can care that much about a game. Newton has that same type of crazy. When he does something wrong, he's on the sidelines looking like an 8 year old whose puppy just got ran over by a mack truck. Romo just doesn't care that much. Remember that year he went on vacation to Cabo the week before the playoff game? Brady would never do something like that, and I'm pretty confident in saying Newton wouldn't either.

Romo's never winning a ring unless his behavior changes drastically. He's good, but he's not great.

10+ Year Old Account
    as an LA County resident, this is the first time a team has reached a deal on a stadium lease and I was glad, better off with nobody than trying to lure the Bills out here

and it is gonna be hard for RBs to get paid since Carolina fired their GM

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    as an LA County resident, this is the first time a team has reached a deal on a stadium lease and I was glad, better off with nobody than trying to lure the Bills out here

and it is gonna be hard for RBs to get paid since Carolina fired their GM
    Seems like a lot of people in LA are Raiders, Rams, and weirdly enough Cowboys fans. At least that's the vibe I got when I was going to college near there. Mind you I'm a Cowboys fan and we have a natural ability to find other Cowboy fans everywhere we go, so my views might be a bit biased.

My experience there is that they're mostly SD fans, but I've really only been to certain parts of LA. I try to avoid having to drive down there as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bills aren't that bad, I'd be more worried about getting the Chargers.

Glad we got the deal done though, really don't want us the move to Toronto, considering how hard it is to convince players to come to Buffalo, let alone Canada.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Chargers are erratic, the Bills are consistent, at least with erratic you have ups with the downs, instead of 13 straight seasons without a post-season berth

LA has lots of different fans, since there is no team people gravitate here and there, probably Raiders still have the most or at least the most visible fans

10+ Year Old Account
    David Akers disables his Twitter account after death threats

No offense to him, people here probably know I'm a kicker fan, and he's been a staple kicker over the last forevers. But come on, I bet every single celebrity on Twitter has received a death threat at some point or another. Ignore it and move on.