10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Tampa Bay ---> look at those rushing yards.

Jesus Christ, Detroit's defensive line looks fucking SCARY.
    Suh didn't do much besides nom on blockers from what I see. Did Fairly play today? Also, a 3.5 YPC average, not great, but not terrible either. Tampa did only run 16 times.

P.S, what is with the new avatar. That is even creepier than the Aviator guy.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Tampa Bay ---> look at those rushing yards.

Jesus Christ, Detroit's defensive line looks fucking SCARY.

I live in Michigan, and the Lions hype is spreading quickly.

The MNF game should be interesting.

Packers fan btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being the Redskin fan that I am; also went to the game; I'm ecstatic that the Redskins are proving experts wrong on their judgement on how "bad" the Redskins are this season. I loved today's game besides the first 5-8 minutes of the game where both the Giants and the Redskins were pretty bad. People will be praising Grossman and rookies Kerrigan (and his phenomenal block/intercept/touchdown trifecta) and Chris Neild (2 sacks in his NFL debut). However the Redskins did show flaws that need to be worked on. Their Offensive line needs a lot of work in the coming days. They were horrible at making holes for Hightower to run his routes. Also when need to block and protect Grossman, they were starting to loose it in the second half where they allowed several sacks to get through (2 of which costed the Redskins 20 yards and a field goal opportunity).

Grossman also will need some work done. I saw quite a few throws that were going well over receivers heads. I can name 3-5 catches that required receivers to actually jump up in order for them to catch the balls. Overall, a VERY fun game and was worth every minute of it.

PS I still found it funny that the interception happened so early in the third quarter that the cheerleaders were still not ready for their "dance celebration number." They were in the process of walking out of the locker rooms when the interception/touchdown happened.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2011-09-12 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

Packers fan btw.
    Well, yeah, you can't help but root for the decades-long underdog. Go Detroit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    steve young lived on his mobility at first. nobody EVER said he wasn't capable of being a good passer in the NFL because of his mobility. they try to convert every black QB who can run a little into a WR, DB, etc.
    You're Steve Young comparison pretty is bad since, you know, he was a pretty damn good passer. lol He didn't become the starter in San Fran until 1991. From '91 - 98, he only threw for less than 3000 yards twice. He threw for over 4000 yards twice and almost did it a 3rd time (3969).

newton was asked pre-draft about changing positions. he said no. vick was asked, he said no.
    They get questions like this because:

1. Scouts see enough of them in college to question how well their QB skills would actually translate to the NFL.
    2. Scouts believe they're both athletic enough and talented enough to switch to a position like RB. Not just as a regular, but probably as one of the best at the position.

While Newton had a great game, lets remember this is just ONE game ... one against a pretty awful team.

As for Vick ... sorry, but outside of last year, he's been pretty mediocre. Just look at his numbers in Atlanta ... take away his running yards and he put up similar numbers as Kyle Boller when he was the starter for the Ravens. Think about that ... KYLE BOLLER. People in Baltimore couldn't get him out of town fast enough, but because Vick can run + all of the media hype ... he somehow turned that into a $100 Mil. contract.

I actually don't even blame Vick ... he, like alot of athletes today, are a product of the ESPN-era of sports. They're not 'superstars' because they put up the stats to back it up ... they're 'superstars' because ESPN and other media outlets say so (repeatedly). People were basically calling him one of the best QB's in the league before he even played a game. All you ever hear about is how he's 'electrifying' and all of his 'intangibles'. People seem to forget that, before last year, he'd never thrown for over 3000 yards and that he threw almost as many picks (52) as he did TD's (71).

It shouldn't shock people that when Vick finally did put up a superstar type year, it was when he ... god forbid ... actually threw the damn ball. Any of these mobile QB's, including the guy he replaced (McNabb) ... they all eventually learn this. You can't be a successful QB if you can't/won't throw the ball.

race factors into both situations heavily. newton had one of the best seasons in college history, won 2 championships in 3 years, has a cannon for an arm and led the FBS in pass efficiency vs the blitz in the SEC and people STILL wanna say blaine gabbert is on his level or even better.
    Yeah ... and?

You do realize that College numbers mean absolutely nothing to NFL teams, right? Leinart and Bush were part of one of the best college offensives of the past decade. Bush sucks and Leinart couldn't even keep his job in Arizona. Hell, Troy Smith has a Heisman ... I'm sure he's enjoying shining it on Sundays while he sits on his ass watching Football from his couch.

College success, no matter how great or small, does not guarantee success at the NFL level.

I'll refrain from commenting on the rest of your post which, saddly, is just racist nonsense.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    The old adage is, "You're never as good as you look after a win, nor as bad as you look after a loss."

But, Holy Cow, the Steelers looked HORRID. I'd say hats off to the Ravens, but truthfully, I don't know that a High School team could have played a worse game than the Steelers did against them. I haven't seen the Steelers look SO BAD since their season opener in 1989 when Cleveland (same team, different city and name) drubbed them 51-0 in Three Rivers. Yesterday made me think the NFL should put in a "tap out" rule. It was clear from the opening series that they didn't belong on the same field.

It's one game, lots of season left, yada yada yada... but forget "Superbowl Hangover." The Steelers are still passed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

Packers fan btw.
    should be an interesting game to watch before my Doncos, errr i mean Broncos hand it to the raiders
    kinda rooting for Ne but maybe Miami might have it this year
    Last edited by DasHuntard; 2011-09-12 at 05:42 PM.
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

What a freaking day. Who honestly had the Bills winning, Newton throwing over 400 in his career debut, and the Jets coming back after trailing by 2 TDs going into the 4th? I thought there would be a substantial letdown after Thursday's game, but days like yesterday continue to show (more to myself than anything) why this game is so awesome. So much unpredictability from week to week. It's not like baseball, where the Yankees are probably going to win 70% of the games against Baltimore, KC, Seattle, etc. If football could be made into a person, I would marry that person in a second... even if it were a fat, ugly dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    The old adage is, "You're never as good as you look after a win, nor as bad as you look after a loss."

But, Holy Cow, the Steelers looked HORRID. I'd say hats off to the Ravens, but truthfully, I don't know that a High School team could have played a worse game than the Steelers did against them. I haven't seen the Steelers look SO BAD since their season opener in 1989 when Cleveland (same team, different city and name) drubbed them 51-0 in Three Rivers. Yesterday made me think the NFL should put in a "tap out" rule. It was clear from the opening series that they didn't belong on the same field.

It's one game, lots of season left, yada yada yada... but forget "Superbowl Hangover." The Steelers are still passed out.
    Honestly... the Steelers did everything they could to lose that game. I mean I think the Ravens did a decent job, but they had tons of help from the Steelers.

Breaking news:

My fantasy team totally sucks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Breaking news:

My fantasy team totally sucks this year.
    only if you have no show Moreno as your running back, worst pick ever
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    only if you have no show Moreno as your running back, worst pick ever
    Not surprised.

Running backs are hard to pick anyway. Gotta find one in a one-back set, and that never happens anymore. Which is why the record for yards in a season will never get broken until the system changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    <-- Packers fan living in the SF Bay Area. Love the beatdown we gave the Niners last year, and we play the Raiders this year, which I predict will end similarly

Some reactions to this week's games:
    -Steelers...what the hell happened to you
    -Atlanta, you too
    -Romo cost Dallas the game. Why would you throw into double-coverage against what is arguably the best secondary in the league?
    -Tom Brady is looking a lot like Peyton Manning going with the no-huddle tonight
    -Miami's secondary getting burned, badly
    -I know it's become a passing league, but holy crap...all of a sudden a dozen QBs come out this week passing for 300+ yards, Tom Brady threw for over 500 tonight and Mr. Newton goes 400+ on his debut, what is going on?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    -Romo cost Dallas the game. Why would you throw into double-coverage against what is arguably the best secondary in the league?
    Was he in the pocket? Romo has this unusual ability that makes him throw 75% better while scrambling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Was he in the pocket? Romo has this unusual ability that makes him throw 75% better while scrambling.
    Nope, he was rolling right.

Rodgers is phenomenal outside of the pocket too, but he's also good in the pocket as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Suh didn't do much besides nom on blockers from what I see. Did Fairly play today? Also, a 3.5 YPC average, not great, but not terrible either. Tampa did only run 16 times.
    Well, it's also about more than just stats. The man has presence. People know they're in for a long night if they're lined up against him. Merely having him on the field is going to force a team to rush a lot less. I didn't check to see if Fairly played, though -- watching my donkeys play one of the worst games I've seen in a while.

P.S, what is with the new avatar. That is even creepier than the Aviator guy.
    YU HATIN BRO

10+ Year Old Account
    I know as a Dlineman it isn't all about stats. Heck, I don't think Mount Cody had a tackle yesterday, but that is the job of a NT, to nom on blockers. Suh isn't going to shock anyone being a beast now, but once Fairly gets back holy hell, I would be terrified to go against that defensive line, even with the way that the Raven's Oline played. I didn't get the game here, as it was the Eagles vs. Rams (freaking Seahawks fans everywhere here, so they want to keep tabs on the 'competition', screw the NFCW) but I was watching my Ravens anyway.

My fantasy team is pleased though, as I have Megatron, Ray Rice, and Stafford. All I can do is hope that Stafford doesn't get injured (again) even though he was a later round guy.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

It's hard to be a Dolphin fan. I swear... ):
    Meanwhile i did great in fantasy due to my no dolphin players in my team policy
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org

Packers .. What more to say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He fumbled the ball 2 yards away from scoring then threw to a double covered (including revis) crippled bryant, of course got intercepted. Romo need to be smarter if he want a ring
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org