15+ Year Old Account
    RG3 with a partially torn ACL and LCL. Knew that play where he just crumpled looked bad, but yikes. Now we will see if he can heal like AD.

If it's an other New England/Green Bay superbowl, i'll be happy too say I won't be watching it. I want the Seahawks too win but if they don't I'm hoping the Falcons can really show up and get into the bowl. I'd also love to see Houston or Baltimore get into the dance. I'm so sick of the same teams/players. If it's a Peyton/Tom vs. Rodgers superbowl to me it will just be dull and an other, "who would have guessed" type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    RG3 with a partially torn ACL and LCL. Knew that play where he just crumpled looked bad, but yikes. Now we will see if he can heal like AD.
    Didn't he miss a year exactly in college with his first torn ACL? And its on the same knee so I wonder how that effects healing. However it goes I hope he can come back 100%, as well as Clemons even though I don't know if he will be resigned by Seattle because of the injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    If it's an other New England/Green Bay superbowl, i'll be happy too say I won't be watching it. I want the Seahawks too win but if they don't I'm hoping the Falcons can really show up and get into the bowl. I'd also love to see Houston or Baltimore get into the dance. I'm so sick of the same teams/players. If it's a Peyton/Tom vs. Rodgers superbowl to me it will just be dull and an other, "who would have guessed" type of game.
    I don't think I could watch a Superbowl that has the Broncos or Patriots in it, I just hate them both so damned much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Didn't he miss a year exactly in college with his first torn ACL? And its on the same knee so I wonder how that effects healing. However it goes I hope he can come back 100%, as well as Clemons even though I don't know if he will be resigned by Seattle because of the injury.
    Ya I wouldn't be overly worried about RG3 coming back. Future injury, hell yes I am worried, but with the way Peterson came back it gives you hope he will return to 100% athleticism. I wonder how much this makes them consider keeping Cousins. You have to figure there are half a dozen teams out there just chomping at the bit to make an offer for him (then again they shouldn't have been fucking idiots and passed on guys like him and Wilson. Cousins was great in college with his specific skill set of playing safe and being accurate. He never should have had a chance to land in Washington with how many shit QB situations there were in the league).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't think I could watch a Superbowl that has the Broncos or Patriots in it, I just hate them both so damned much
    I don't hate the Patriots, but I like variety. Really, the Niners or Seahawks would be the ideal Super Bowl contenders in the NFC. Right now, if you consider that the Broncos are Peyton Manning, the Texans are the only ideal team in the AFC. If I got to see that in the Super Bowl, I'd be happy. But I don't see it going down that way. Even if the Texans can manage to win this weekend, they won't make it. The NFC, on the other hand, I think is more wide open, and either the Niners or Seahawks have a better chance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya I wouldn't be overly worried about RG3 coming back. Future injury, hell yes I am worried, but with the way Peterson came back it gives you hope he will return to 100% athleticism. I wonder how much this makes them consider keeping Cousins. You have to figure there are half a dozen teams out there just chomping at the bit to make an offer for him (then again they shouldn't have been fucking idiots and passed on guys like him and Wilson. Cousins was great in college with his specific skill set of playing safe and being accurate. He never should have had a chance to land in Washington with how many shit QB situations there were in the league).
    I don't know how good Cousins can be or even was, but don't treat it like Matt Flynn. Played one good game, don't go giving him a ton of money just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    well we might find out how good Cousins is over the long haul, and it will be Shanahan's neck on the line if he can't fill in for Griffin if he misses time next year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know how good Cousins can be or even was, but don't treat it like Matt Flynn. Played one good game, don't go giving him a ton of money just because.
    Nah, it won't be like that. Likely Cousins will be starting quite a few games next year.

Unless RG3 gets AP's doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Nah, it won't be like that. Likely Cousins will be starting quite a few games next year.
    Right. I mean, Cousins could start for the Redskins next year in place of a hurt RG3. But don't expect a bunch of other teams running up to him saying "HERE, TAKE THESE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS BECAUSE YOU PLAYED ONE GOOD GAME!!". If they, they're incredibly foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. I mean, Cousins could start for the Redskins next year in place of a hurt RG3. But don't expect a bunch of other teams running up to him saying "HERE, TAKE THESE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS BECAUSE YOU PLAYED ONE GOOD GAME!!". If they, they're incredibly foolish.
    Ehh. I mean, yeah with recent FA QB signings I would stay away from it (and the incredible QB class coming up here in a few years).

I wouldn't quite call Flynn a "bust" for teams yet. He probably won't get offered the money he did in Seattle though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not even considering his performance in the NFL. He is an incredibly smart QB. He doesn't make mistakes that hurt your team and he is good enough to make all the necessary throws. He is essentially another version of Alex Smith. Good enough to be a pretty good NFL QB, maybe not dynamic, but good enough to be a starter on about half the teams in the NFL. The good news is you don't have to worry about doling out a big contract to sign him. He is still on his rookie deal for the next couple years and you just have to levy up a 2nd or 3rd round pick probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    by the end of his rookie contract he could certainly have enough games under his belt to command a contract somewhere, but if he does well and they decide to stop running RGIII into the ground, probably they trade him to try and recoup some of the picks they dealt away

safe to say for now, it is definitely in washington's best interest to keep Kirk Cousins for at least another season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

I dont see how a Green Bay vs New England Super Bowl would be bad, thats prob the best combo. Just watch 2 great QBs duking it out racking up the yardage for prolific offenses. Green Bay and New England have never played each other in the Super Bowl so it would still be a fresh combo. Green Bay vs Denver would also be great. Actually now that I think about it Green Bay vs Denver would be my favorite combo, since I can cheer for both sides. Anything the Patriots are involved in I cheer vehemently for the other team. I think Atlanta would be the most boring NFC team to make it, for the AFC none are bad options. Id still rather watch a great offense with great QBs than stuck with Flacco or Schaub though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont see how a Green Bay vs New England Super Bowl would be bad, thats prob the best combo. Just watch 2 great QBs duking it out racking up the yardage for prolific offenses. Green Bay and New England have never played each other in the Super Bowl so it would still be a fresh combo. Green Bay vs Denver would also be great. Actually now that I think about it Green Bay vs Denver would be my favorite combo, since I can cheer for both sides. Anything the Patriots are involved in I cheer vehemently for the other team. I think Atlanta would be the most boring NFC team to make it, for the AFC none are bad options. Id still rather watch a great offense with great QBs than stuck with Flacco or Schaub though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXI

I meant in recent memory. I doubt many would complain that this matchup happened 16 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking away the home team, I agree that NE/GB would be the better game just because the teams haven't played each other in the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    that was awhile ago...

check out the halftime performers... James Brown, ZZ Top, it was a million fucking years ago, Luther Vandross sang the national anthem

so if you have a point, its going to take some effort on your part to make it clearer

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Then I'd say there is about a 90% chance of you not watching it this year then. Don't understand why so many people hate either team. The Broncos haven't been to the Superbowl since the late 90s and I would say that is a longass time ago, and until this year they haven't been a good, solid team for quite some time. As for The Patriots, yeah, they are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the playoffs every year, and I'd say the same thing for Green Bay, as both have been good teams for over 10 years. If you aren't a fan I can see why it would be tiring to see the same old teams, but at the same time, if other teams are supposed to be better, than said teams wouldn't make it to the superbowl to begin with.

There are a lot of good teams left, especially in the NFC, and there is a good chance for any of the four teams to make it, though I'm not sure how much to expect out of Atlanta. Just root for the NFC team that makes it to the superbowl. I mean, what would be better than the 'underdog' team beating an 'over-rated' team in the superbowl?

10+ Year Old Account
    my reason for hating the Broncos is a regional thing
    my reason for hating the Patriots is fuck the Patriots