15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-down-in-nfl

I think most of us had heard that things weren't well, but it seems he's semi-officially through. I know some of the rules meant to prevent concussions aren't very popular among fans watching, but things like this make me feel it's all for a good reason. Shame to lose a decent player like that.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least sadly. Loved Best when he could get healthy but he has been dealing with the exact same concussion issues since he was at Cal.

That is the play he suffered his first concussion on and frankly he has never recovered from it. Been dealing with recurring issues since then if he suffers a simple hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Doesn't surprise me in the least sadly. Loved Best when he could get healthy but he has been dealing with the exact same concussion issues since he was at Cal.

<snip>

That is the play he suffered his first concussion on and frankly he has never recovered from it. Been dealing with recurring issues since then if he suffers a simple hit.
    Ouch, that's high up to come down on your head/neck area, and his physical reaction afterwards always scares me. You saw it with Ridley last week in the Patriots game too. Just knocked out and spasming. Never know when and with whom it will have a negative effect though. I'm sure there's people shaking an accident off like that like nothing happened. That's the problematic part with concussions.

Russell wilson reminds me of my myself when i was playing madden 2000 using vick. Id take the seahawks over both the ravens and niners and give you 10, a shame the atl got lucky.

Next year seattle will have home field advantage, good luck with that.

Bears were the best team really, each time they lost its cause the other team got "lucky" (/sarcasm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'm the only one that watched the game.

It was ok, definitely better than last year though. Letting Jeff Saturday (from the NFC) snap a ball to Peyton Manning was a pretty cool thing. Rudolph of all people ended up MVP, with 115 reception yards and a TD. Didn't really see it. NFC got so many turnovers though, game ended in a blowout. But at least I got to see more Russell Wilson. That was probably the highlight of the game. That, and only two of seven Pats showing up. I mean, come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dare watch the Pro Bowl!?!?!?!?!

Fool! However, I heard at least it was better than previous ones.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Fool! However, I heard at least it was better than previous ones.
    There was a little defense, amusingly mostly from the AFC side, including a couple sacks (they don't tackle them to the ground, just wrap and dance a little). The scoring was only lower than usual because AFC had Schaub for a quarter.

Knicks/Hawks > Pro Bowl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Guess I'm the only one that watched the game.

It was ok, definitely better than last year though. Letting Jeff Saturday (from the NFC) snap a ball to Peyton Manning was a pretty cool thing. Rudolph of all people ended up MVP, with 115 reception yards and a TD. Didn't really see it. NFC got so many turnovers though, game ended in a blowout. But at least I got to see more Russell Wilson. That was probably the highlight of the game. That, and only two of seven Pats showing up. I mean, come on.
    Wilson completely juking JJ Watt was great. Then the Fitzgerald TD made me sad that the pro bowl is the only time that Wilson would throw to Fitzgerald. Still kinda mad that him or AJ Green didn't get MVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    The scoring was only lower than usual because AFC had Schaub for a quarter.
    I watched the first half till he threw an INT, that was my queue to go to bed. Did not feel like pulling an all nighter for this kind of friendly game, not with Superbowl next week and a guaranteed late night then too.

I agree with Pend that that snap between Peyton and Saturday was a nice touch. Made it worth watching the game, at least for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Real professional move by Alex Smith's people to let it slip out that he wants to be released before the start of free agency. Not like his team is preparing for any big game or anything. I'd kind of enjoy it if they cut him before the Super Bowl and kept him from getting a ring if possible lol. Its not exactly a secret that he would ask for this kind of thing at the end of the year, but to put it out there now is just petulant.

Wow, I hop he fired whoever dropped that information. He's been really classy about the whole situation so far. Shame some people wanted a second-rate headline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Bears were the best team really, each time they lost its cause the other team got "lucky" (/sarcasm)
    there is some truth to your statement .the bears had 10 wins,thats only 3 wins from having the best record in the nfl. when the bears lost is because there O, di not do jack shit to help the D win.if the bears would have had an average O "13-18 ish" he bears would have went a long way this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Real professional move by Alex Smith's people to let it slip out that he wants to be released before the start of free agency. Not like his team is preparing for any big game or anything. I'd kind of enjoy it if they cut him before the Super Bowl and kept him from getting a ring if possible lol. Its not exactly a secret that he would ask for this kind of thing at the end of the year, but to put it out there now is just petulant.
    I'd enjoy it even more if they cut Smith (hey, Deion Branch got cut the week before the bowl last year) and Kaepernick got hurt.

I didnt like the way the afc went into clown mode when the game got tough, a disgrace. Hey guys were getting our asses kicked, lets act like were not trying!!!

Very enjoyable game, great coverage by nbc

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'd enjoy it even more if they cut Smith (hey, Deion Branch got cut the week before the bowl last year) and Kaepernick got hurt.
    That would be completely hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    people need to stop talking to Bernard Pollard, he's liking the attention too much, next he will be predicting super earthquakes and nuclear armageddon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I didnt like the way the afc went into clown mode when the game got tough, a disgrace. Hey guys were getting our asses kicked, lets act like were not trying!!!

Very enjoyable game, great coverage by nbc
    I wouldn't call it clown mode. It was more they fell behind hard, and didn't have time to run five 7 minute drives, so they had to try some things. That heel onside kick thing was a decent idea, had it gone ten yards.

You'd think with $25k on the line, they'd bother to try harder anyway. I was not aware that the players got paid for playing in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...played-peyton/

I don't know if I can live in a world where Flacco is paid as much as Peyton. They, like Alex Smith should of waited till after the bowl to spill the beans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...played-peyton/

I don't know if I can live in a world where Flacco is paid as much as Peyton. They, like Alex Smith should of waited till after the bowl to spill the beans.
    I don't know if I can take anyone seriously who thinks Flacco outplayed Peyton Manning this year. I say give him a pay cut just for being completely delusional, and spend the rest of the money sending him to therapy.