Page 4 of 432 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    I can already see the "They already did" argument coming through. Before you start, they had Charlie Batch playing and not Big Ben. Even when we did have our 4th string playing, it took you guys until the last 15 seconds in the game to do beat us. The Ravens aren't a contender this year, not with teams like the Steelers and Patriots healthy.
    I wasn't even going to start that bit, I love Steelers vs. Ravens games, I am just ticked that the Dolts managed to lose to the Jets so now we have to play before the AFCCG if we win tomorrow. Unless the Jets pull something out of their arse and defend like mad or Sanchez visits Miracle Max (because you know that is what it'll take) I don't see them winning, and after a Steelers vs. Ravens game, whoever wins, is going to come out of it mostly gassed, that I why I wanted the Colts (Yes I know I spelled it wrong previously) to win, so that the Ravens could either beat the snot out of the Pats and win, or wear them down for the winner of Steelers vs. COlts, but now that tat game happened.... WHY DOES CALDWELL CALL UP A RUN!?!?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?! I know that It worked earlier, but why let Jersey B and Rex have that game? Throw a short pass to Garcon for a few yards, not get stuffed on a run!

Also, on the note of us playing without Reed, it isn't Cassel that scares me, our DBs have played really solid without him, and sure he is a nightmare to account for, but it is the tandem of Charles/Jones that gets me, we haven't been able to stuff almost every run that comes our way anymore, Charles can gash us for a big gain, as I have watched several Chiefs games, Cam needs to stop being so ultra-conservative in the second half, then we should have it. If not.... I just want him out of B-more after this season.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-01-09 at 05:34 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I wasn't even going to start that bit, I love Steelers vs. Ravens games, I am just ticked that the Dolts managed to lose to the Jets so now we have to play before the AFCCG if we win tomorrow. Unless the Jets pull something out of their arse and defend like mad or Sanchez visits Miracle Max (because you know that is what it'll take) I don't see them winning, and after a Steelers vs. Ravens game, whoever wins, is going to come out of it mostly gassed, that I why I wanted the Colts (Yes I know I spelled it wrong previously) to win, so that the Ravens could either beat the snot out of the Pats and win, or wear them down for the winner of Steelers vs. COlts, but now that tat game happened.... WHY DOES CALDWELL CALL UP A RUN!?!?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?! I know that It worked earlier, but why let Jersey B and Rex have that game? Throw a short pass to Garcon for a few yards, not get stuffed on a run!

Also, on the note of us playing without Reed, it isn't Cassel that scares me, our DBs have played really solid without him, and sure he is a nightmare to account for, but it is the tandem of Charles/Jones that gets me, we haven't been able to stuff almost every run that comes our way anymore, Charles can gash us for a big gain, as I have watched several Chiefs games, Cam needs to stop being so ultra-conservative in the second half, then we should have it. If not.... I just want him out of B-more after this season.
    What is this? A Steelers and Ravens fan having a somewhat respectable conversation? Never thought I'd ever see it.

As for Reed, he's playing today. That means the Chiefs are going to lose, and it's going to be a championship type game next week for both teams. I really wanted the Colts to win as well, because then the Ravens would've had to play the Patriots (yeah, I wanted the easier team ). I was kinda hoping for a Ravens - Steelers AFCCG because we all remember two years ago that atmosphere. It was nuts.

OT: So, I was 1/2 but I picked the upset right. There's absolutely 0 chance the Jets are beating the Patriots at Foxboro next week.

So, now it breaks down like this:

Jets at Patriots:

Two words for the Jets: Tom. Brady.

Patriots 35 - Jets 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this? A Steelers and Ravens fan having a somewhat respectable conversation? Never thought I'd ever see it.

As for Reed, he's playing today. That means the Chiefs are going to lose, and it's going to be a championship type game next week for both teams. I really wanted the Colts to win as well, because then the Ravens would've had to play the Patriots (yeah, I wanted the easier team ). I was kinda hoping for a Ravens - Steelers AFCCG because we all remember two years ago that atmosphere. It was nuts.

OT: So, I was 1/2 but I picked the upset right. There's absolutely 0 chance the Jets are beating the Patriots at Foxboro next week.

So, now it breaks down like this:

Jets at Patriots:

Two words for the Jets: Tom. Brady.

Patriots 35 - Jets 10.
    Pity that our slugfest is going to make it the Patriots game to lose in the AFCCG, I wanted the third game between us to happen in the AFCCG so at least then there would be two weeks to rest up before the next game for either team.
    If you want to see some decent conversations between Steelers an Ravens fans, the AFCN blog on ESPN is a decent place to go, it can be overloaded with trolls some days, the Bengals fans can be imbecilic at times, but if you ignore them, there are some really good discussions over there.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I knew the Saints would lose.

They won't openly admit it, but I know the Saints thought the Seahawks would be a push over.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post

They won't openly admit it, but I know the Saints thought the Seahawks would be a push over.
    I was the only one out that picked the Seahawks. People are forgetting that Hasselbeck is a monster in the playoffs, just not in Super Bowls. Sadly, I'm also 1/3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post

Qwest also gets hellaciously loud. Especially for playoffs.

Wildcard Weekend is over! Exciting with three of four games being upsets - wow.

Here are my round 2 picks!

Jets at Patriots:

Oh, Rex. It's cute how you think you can out coach Belicheck and Sanchez can out qb Brady.

Pats 35 - Jets 10.

Ravens at Steelers ():

Despite how it pains me to say this, it's going to be a close game. Sure, I'd love to see Roethlisberger rip apart Reed and Lewis, but I know it isn't going to happen. However, I do know that the Ravens don't have a CB or Saftey that can compete with Wallace or Sanders. The speed that those two have is ridiculous. Everyone I've heard keeps saying 'Rice is going to take the Ravens to the promise land.' Are we forgetting that the Steelers allowed 64.7 ypg / rush on average? That's almost record setting. In simpler terms - They. Don't. Allow. You. To. Run. Flacco played awful today, and I hope he thinks that effort is going to be enough to beat the Steelers. Polamalu will have a field day.

Steelers 23 - Ravens 14.

Packs at Falcons:

There's always going to be upsets in every round of the playoffs. The Packers winning this game is not an upset - at least not to me. The Packers are a better team overall. Aaron Rodgers is a more skilled and efficient qb than Ryan, and the Falcs defense has struggled as of late. Sure, they went 13-3, but they also had somewhat of a light schedule. If they had the schedule that the Pats / Steelers / Ravens had, they'd be a 10-6 team without a doubt. They praise this team like they're the next coming of Christ. Again, people are forgetting that the Steelers beat this team with a 3rd string QB, albeit in overtime.

Packers 20 - Falcons 17.

Seattle at Chicago:

Well, this is interesting. As good as Hasselbeck has played in the playoffs, I'm not too sure how good he is in snow. I have a feeling the Chicago game is going to get flurries at the least. Putting that aside, I think Seattle is coming off a high right now that Chicago can't match up against. The momentum of that win is going to carry them to the NFC Championship game.

Seattle 17 - Chicago 10.

Feel free to agree / disagree / flame my picks, but keep it respectable guys!
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2011-01-10 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildcard Weekend is over! Exciting with three of four games being upsets - wow.

Steelers () at Ravens:

Despite how it pains me to say this, it's going to be a close game. Sure, I'd love to see Roethlisberger rip apart Reed and Lewis, but I know it isn't going to happen. However, I do know that the Ravens don't have a CB or Saftey that can compete with Wallace or Sanders. The speed that those two have is ridiculous. Everyone I've heard keeps saying 'Rice is going to take the Ravens to the promise land.' Are we forgetting that the Steelers allowed 64.7 ypg / rush on average? That's almost record setting. In simpler terms - They. Don't. Allow. You. To. Run. Flacco played awful today, and I hope he thinks that effort is going to be enough to beat the Steelers. Polamalu will have a field day.

Steelers 23 - Ravens 14.
    It is at Heinz Feild, not at M&T, you Steelers are playing at home, which makes it all the worse for the Ravens. If Suggs gets in your backfield like he did last game, then Ben may be forced to hurry some throws, or take the sack, hurrying throws if never good with Reed lurking in the secondary. I agree on Wallace's and Sanders' speed, so Carr and Webb need to play bump-and go routes more with them, Webb is able to keep up, but those guys can be quite the tandem, plus he can't cover two guys at once. Once again, I am more afraid of the fact that Mendenhall can run, and unless we can stay in the second half of the Chiefs game mode, he is going to have 75+ yards on us and possibly some breakaway runs.
    If the Ravens cause some turnovers I see us standing a chance, otherwise - Steelers 14, B-more 12.

Ravens all day every day!!!
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

It is at Heinz Feild, not at M&T, you Steelers are playing at home, which makes it all the worse for the Ravens. If Suggs gets in your backfield like he did last game, then Ben may be forced to hurry some throws, or take the sack, hurrying throws if never good with Reed lurking in the secondary. I agree on Wallace's and Sanders' speed, so Carr and Webb need to play bump-and go routes more with them, Webb is able to keep up, but those guys can be quite the tandem, plus he can't cover two guys at once. Once again, I am more afraid of the fact that Mendenhall can run, and unless we can stay in the second half of the Chiefs game mode, he is going to have 75+ yards on us and possibly some breakaway runs.
    If the Ravens cause some turnovers I see us standing a chance, otherwise - Steelers 14, B-more 12.
    Yeah, I didn't mean Steelers were at M&T, I should probably change that, lol.

The thing is, even if Suggs does get in Ben's face, he's 6'5 245 pounds. He's the hardest qb in the league to take down and he can still make plays with 3 - 4 guys hanging off of him. Webb and Carr do have speed, but even if you guys play man coverage Rashard is able to break out and make plays for 5 - 6 yards on average. Ravens can only make so many stops before the Steelers eventually find out what they're doing, and vice versa. I'm not as worried, though, because LeBeau is a tricky little bastard and has tricks up his sleeve.

The thing is, even if Suggs does get in Ben's face, he's 6'5 245 pounds. He's the hardest qb in the league to take down and he can still make plays with 3 - 4 guys hanging off of him. Webb and Carr do have speed, but even if you guys play man coverage Rashard is able to break out and make plays for 5 - 6 yards on average. Ravens can only make so many stops before the Steelers eventually find out what they're doing, and vice versa. I'm not as worried, though, because LeBeau is a tricky little bastard and has tricks up his sleeve.
    Actually Tim Tebow can give him a run for his money =)

<3 Denver. But yeah, I have a feeling Big Ben is going to tear up Baltimore next week. He's gonna do that "Hey look at me I'm out of the pocket and running away and you can't tackle me and oh god no I look so hopeles...

*Touchdown pass thrown to Heath Miller

10+ Year Old Account

True. LeBeau is a genius, lawdy do I miss Rex Ryan as our D coordinator, I like what Mattison is doing, but Rex was another tricky bastard (not as little as LeBeau however) with the defense.
    Either way, if B-more and Pittsburgh get rid of Cam Cameron and Brude Arians and bring in some better O-coordinators, it would be scary to go up against both teams on either side of the ball, because you know that both offenses have talent, but the coordinators are too damn dumb to call the right plays.
    I hate the Steelers, but out of respect. I hate the Patriots, but I cannot respect Belicheat and that woman playing QB for them known as Brady.

Now you know I couldn't let you get away with that Batch comment. Stop crying Steelers fans, you lost that game, we lot the second. No qualifications. You play with the team you have; we didn't have Ed Reed either, and that cancels out. If you think ben is a bigger difference maker, I just have one thing to say-- Reed lead the league in picks, and only played 10 of the 16 reg season games.

Now I could say that you had no offense in the game you beat us, and if cam doesn't boneheadedly call a throw on second and 5 with 3 minutes left, we would have won. Punt it, hold you to a 3 and out just like we had all day, and take a knee when you turn over on downs. But I won't say that because I don't believe in qualifying games.

I won't take anything away from you and your wins, all I want is the same respect. Good luck Saturday,you're gonna need it!

Quote Originally Posted by apwill4765 View Post
    Now you know I couldn't let you get away with that Batch comment. Stop crying Steelers fans, you lost that game, we lot the second. No qualifications. You play with the team you have; we didn't have Ed Reed either, and that cancels out. If you think ben is a bigger difference maker, I just have one thing to say-- Reed lead the league in picks, and only played 10 of the 16 reg season games.
    Ed Reed =/= Ben Roethlisberger.

Ed Reed = Troy Polamalu.

Troy is our undisputed leader of our team. Maybe he doesn't use his words like Lewis, but he plays like a warrior and leads by example. I'm not saying Reed is a bad player, but Polamalu is the leader of the Steelers. Look at our records when we do and don't have him.

That being said - we need our franchise player. Can you even name the Baltimore 4th string? We lost, yeah, but with a seasoned veteran who's there to give Dixon moral support more than anything. Roethlisberger is our qb, and our guy. Without him, the Steelers simply don't play the same.

Now I could say that you had no offense in the game you beat us, and if cam doesn't boneheadedly call a throw on second and 5 with 3 minutes left, we would have won. Punt it, hold you to a 3 and out just like we had all day, and take a knee when you turn over on downs. But I won't say that because I don't believe in qualifying games.
    Bruce Arians. 'nuff said.

I won't take anything away from you and your wins, all I want is the same respect. Good luck Saturday,you're gonna need it!
    I'm not taking away from it. We lost, but when we have a healthy team - who won?

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Actually Tim Tebow can give him a run for his money =)

<3 Denver. But yeah, I have a feeling Big Ben is going to tear up Baltimore next week. He's gonna do that "Hey look at me I'm out of the pocket and running away and you can't tackle me and oh god no I look so hopeles...

*Touchdown pass thrown to Heath Miller
    You guys finaallyyyyy have a qb but are lacking a good head coach right now. If you guys get that with the leadership of Elway - wow.

Lol, I hope so! Close games get me worried If we go up 24 - 0 at half time, I can sit back and enjoy the show ;D

alright football fans, better safety, polamalu or reed? i was really hoping for the chiefs to put together one against the ravens... oh well. with a healthy aaron smith, expect to see harrison and timmons in flaccos face alllllll day. and frankly? a healthy steelers team is probably belicheats biggest nightmare for the afccg. with no running game to speak of, you know lebeau is going to have the defensive playbook wide open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babuthegreat63 View Post
    alright football fans, better safety, polamalu or reed? i was really hoping for the chiefs to put together one against the ravens... oh well. with a healthy aaron smith, expect to see harrison and timmons in flaccos face alllllll day. and frankly? a healthy steelers team is probably belicheats biggest nightmare for the afccg. with no running game to speak of, you know lebeau is going to have the defensive playbook wide open.
    For one, Reed and Polamalu play different safety positions. For two, the way they play is incomparable: Reed is a ballhawk, Troy is a monstrous hitter, who can blitz insanely well. They cannot be compared, they are both some of the best to have played at Safety ever, I hope that they both retire the same year, and both go into Canton first ballot, together. We are lucky to have been able to watch them both, at the same time, on rival teams.
    The Steelers can put more pressure on Goldilocks, but I would much prefer our defensive backfield in comparison matching up against the Pats receivers. Only DB I would take of the Steelers right now over B-mores is Polamalu, but who the hell wouldn't?

different saftey positions true, however saying that troy doesn't ballhawk at all is a bit misleading. reed only had one more interception then him this year. reed is definantly the raven that i have the most respect for however.
    i agree wholeheartedly. our DB's are a bit....limited, to say the least.

For one, Reed and Polamalu play different safety positions. For two, the way they play is incomparable: Reed is a ballhawk, Troy is a monstrous hitter, who can blitz insanely well. They cannot be compared, they are both some of the best to have played at Safety ever, I hope that they both retire the same year, and both go into Canton first ballot, together. We are lucky to have been able to watch them both, at the same time, on rival teams.
    The Steelers can put more pressure on Goldilocks, but I would much prefer our defensive backfield in comparison matching up against the Pats receivers. Only DB I would take of the Steelers right now over B-mores is Polamalu, but who the hell wouldn't?
    They can be compared, though. Reed is the Polamalu of the Ravens. He doesn't say a whole lot, but leads the team with his ability and action. Reed and Polamalu are both insanely good at their respective position, and as you said, are some of the best - if not the best - Safeties to ever take the field. It's hard to pick who would be 1 and 2, though.

How loud is qwest field? The crowd reaction to lynchs epic TD run caused a minor earthquake. Any people still try and say that places like Arrowhead are louder.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    How loud is qwest field? The crowd reaction to lynchs epic TD run caused a minor earthquake. Any people still try and say that places like Arrowhead are louder.
    Heinz Field can get just as loud, if not louder. AFCCG two years ago when Polamalu got a pick 6 to secure a game to the Super Bowl made that place explode.