10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody here gonna be picking up Madden 25? If so what console?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NOt me. Last time (and only) I played Madden was when it was still a PC game too. I hated it when they went console only. I never EVER play console games, so I have none. Well, not true, I have a Wii, but the Madden version I had for that is stupid.

I loved the franchise mode, not sure if that still exists. It let you draft players for a team from all available players untill you had a full 53 man roster and then start playing with the guys you got. I played that mode so much, weeks at a time after I'd just discovered it, all day, every day.

That game mode would be the only thing that would make me consider picking up a console + Madden, but realistically that's totally not worth the money.

Still, every so often I think back on when I played that game mode and wish I still could, but then updated version.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ, 2 fumbles by people not normally starting (Zudfeld TE and Boldin RB) and we're only 3 points down. Lions should have been up by more by now.

I'd hate to be a Patriot offence guy at half time and team meeting after this game, they are going to get an earful by Belichick. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Sanchez for the first time in awhile, is that really the look he is going with? Piazza needs to come along and tell him to let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a pick. This is just getting better and better...

- - - Updated - - -

And another fumble. >.<

I'm glad we are getting this out of the way in the preseason and not doing it in a season game is all I can say at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Ravens and Patriots have both looked better

apparently the Panthers actually have a defense when their LBs aren't injured, best for Panthers fans to enjoy it now before they fall apart again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing torrey smith... is he out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Doubt it. I don't have new consoles, and the last Madden I played is 2009. Do they sell it for PC, I don't even know? Eh, either way, I don't spend money like that on a single game. I just buy cheap Steam games mostly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Generally,,In my league I would prioritize RBs, WRs,TE, QB, Kickers and then defenses. Good Kickers and defenses can be picked up off the waiver wire from week to week.

Not to sound like Captain Obvious,, but it all depends on who is available.

If there is a premiere TE available, I would grab him before the qb.
    If one of the top 5 non-running qb's is available like Manning, brady, Rodgers,etc then take them 1st round. I would avoid so-called 'running' qb's like RG3, Kaepernik, Russell. They are always one snap away from a season ending injury. But if you can tolerate the risk, they can put up some huge numbers.

All bar stool opinions only.
    i would have to put QB over TE as a priority. if your not taking Gronk or Graham ( unless they fall to the 4th round u shouldn't get either) then the difference is minimal in other top 10 TE's. Your looking at a difference of 2 points or less per game between the 8 and with guys like Daniels, Gates and Zudfeld going as late as the 9th round i would wait till then and get a QB first. Also QB has more value in a 6 point per TD league VS a 4 point TD league.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I'm not seeing torrey smith... is he out?
    not out, ranked around 25-30 as WR on most sights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Okay, truth be told, I should have probably realised that the absolute 0% news out of Foxborough about Gronk meant he wasn't doing well in recovery.

Shitty way to start the season if it's true, especially if he's on the PUP.
    NE never talks Injury so no news... is just no news... even if gronk misses 2-3 games he will still be one of the best TE this season and Sudfeld looks great as a replacement while gronk is out.

15+ Year Old Account
    That Lions/Pats game was something. The D-line looked fantastic, when someone wasn't committing a personal foul. The offense sucked in the red zone, not surprising. They couldn't' run the ball at all, not surprising. Bush had 1 yard on 6 carries, but he is going to be a fantastic receiving option. I'd almost bet on him having more receiving yards this year than rushing options because the Lions starting O-line can't run block to save its fucking life. Better than the Cleveland game for sure. Jones looked like a freaking stud last night against the Patriots starting O-line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn what happened to deangelo williams? Back in john fox days he was one of the top rushers and as soon as the new coach came he hes averaging about 1 yard each run...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Damn what happened to deangelo williams? Back in john fox days he was one of the top rushers and as soon as the new coach came he hes averaging about 1 yard each run...
    His YPA was 4.3 last year. He had two worse years at 4.1. In fact, his first year with Rivera as coach he put up his 2nd highest YPA in his career at 5.3. He sure doesn't score much though. Yay for essentially a 3 RB backfield with Cam and Stewart if Stewart ever gets healthy. He has been pretty garbage this offseason though. I really wouldn't be surprised if Barner ends up the starter at some point soon.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-08-23 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and they have Tolbert still because their former GM was a giant sack of stupid, how much money can we spend on one position that we barely use!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's preseason, but at least I'm watching football.

And apparently, Green Bay and Seattle have created a rivalry during the offseason. I don't really know why they're so hateful toward each other right now. Hoping to see Eddie Lacy get some play time. I wanna see how well he does in the NFL.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-08-24 at 12:28 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bears are dominating every phase of the game so far!...oh yeah... it's the Raiders . It's not often you see an Offense booed off their home field in the 1st Q of a pre season game. Yeah it's that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

24 points, 222 yards and B Marshall has 0 catches/yards. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-08-24 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shithawks shit the bed last night. Russell Had his worst performance since the first Rams game last year, J.R. Sweezy not only getting dominated but collecting flags. Oh yeah, flags. Something like 174 yards lost due to penalties. Most in franchise history if it was a regular game. Tate dropped 2 balls. I'm glad this awful performance happened in the preseason. I did notice an extreme lack of any read option.

The good? Turbin looked better aside from trying to block Clay Matthews where he got leveled, Christine Michael looked even better. Once he gets a hole, I swear he runs warp speed. Stephen Williams is playing well. Run D was really good, containing Eddie Lacy. Pass rush was close, but close isn't good enough. Bruce Irvin had an absolutely sick tackle for a loss, too bad he wont be relevant for the first 4 games. Sherman played meh.

Punt returning is interesting. Tate and Kearse look like the guys ahead. I'd say start Tate for punt returning.

I only caught some of the Raiders/Bears game. Pryor looks to be putting his name in for starting QB. Amazing, really. Bears looked pretty solid, but yeah.. Raiders.

ps tomorrow we have 10 games. 10 fucking games. A lot of them I want to see.

pps, I know earlier we took bets on who was going to lead sacks this year. I think I picked Von Miller, and I retract that to say Watt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Vetali is probably too shy to do it:

There's some spots open in the 2nd Fantasy Football league on MMO-C. If you are interested in playing Fantasy Football with people from MMO-C then check the thread with the details over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Discussion

League 2 is up to 5 or 6 people allready, so it just needs a few more to be viable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since Vetali is probably too shy to do it:
    Pfft, more like I didn't think of that.

But yeah, fantasy, sign up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Track Tuesdays roster cuts here.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/371359702510477312

So, Vince Young has a job in the NFL now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kevin Kolb out of the game with a concussion, like clockwork. Matt Flynn might lose another QB battle. This pre-season has been too predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    And CJ Spiller tweaked his knee on that shitty field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiller was apparently cut by a cleat spike, thankfully, I do like watching him play. I am glad it wasn't major. Stephon Glimore the CB on the other hand, injured his wrist, which could be a major issue if that is serious in the AFCE, even with the very depleted receiving corps on teams out there.

And Jeff freaking Tuel went to the Bills? They really ARE desperate, even if he is likely to get cut or placed on the PS.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!