10+ Year Old Account
    LMJ has an MCL Sprain, he is out three to four weeks. That is Green Bay, Seattle, Indy, and maybe St. Louis. Doesn't devastate us as bad, as he is the 3rd string Rb, but there was a very strong possibility that he was going to be on PR duty, and he is also an interesting player to have on the field at times for mismatches in pass coverage.

Either way: that ladies and gents, is why people don't play starters very long in game #4 in the preseason.

Lienart was cut by the Bills, among others. And Marcus Trufant by the Jags, I had totally forgotten that he was even in the league last year.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2013-08-31 at 12:13 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Rob was cut by the Seahawks....

Man this sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have gotten fairly spammy on here as of late, but god damnit, football is back baby!

How ESPN has Johnathan Goodwin on it's top 100 offensive players but not Alex Boone blows my mind. Goodwin has the nice job of being the center on the best offensive line in the NFL, and he is the weak link on it. Boone was converted from Tackle to RG and has been stellar at it, the guy is gigantic: at 6'8, but holy hell, he can haul ass. It makes it so nice not seeing a revolving door at RG anymore(screw you Adam Snyder and Chilo Rachal).

And the Richard Sherman being above Earl Thomas offends me, I hate SHerman, his on field shiznit angers me so, he is a great guy as far as I know, but he still pisses me off, and probably still would even if he were on the Niners. Anywhoo: ET is better in my opinion, has the guy missed a snap at all in the last three years? He is going the be the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu type safety, where GMs try to get the next Earl Thomas.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Here lies Tim Tebow's Career.

Pats release him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Here lies Tim Tebow's Career.

Pats release him.
    I may or may not have been letting a loud WOOHOO when I read that on NFL.com. >.>

I wasn't actually thinking they'd keep him on the roster tbh. He'd just shown exactly what he'd shown before: that he's just not NFL QB material. He can be a gimmicky 3rd stringer you do wildcat/read option type things with, but that's just not what you do when you have Tom Brady as your no. 1 QB.

Basically nothing has changed with the Tebow situation since he signed with the Patriots, which in this case is bad, since people were expecting him to show something, anything. And he's just shown more of the same.

He's done, and I doubt he'll continue to play football with so many things open to him where he can sell his religion instead of being an irrelevant QB of an irrelevant team in Canada or something. He'll go do the whole media darling thing full time untill people get sick of seeing him and his 15 minutes are truely over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I may or may not have been letting a loud WOOHOO when I read that on NFL.com. >.>

I wasn't actually thinking they'd keep him on the roster tbh. He'd just shown exactly what he'd shown before: that he's just not NFL QB material. He can be a gimmicky 3rd stringer you do wildcat/read option type things with, but that's just not what you do when you have Tom Brady as your no. 1 QB.

Basically nothing has changed with the Tebow situation since he signed with the Patriots, which in this case is bad, since people were expecting him to show something, anything. And he's just shown more of the same.

He's done, and I doubt he'll continue to play football with so many things open to him where he can sell his religion instead of being an irrelevant QB of an irrelevant team in Canada or something. He'll go do the whole media darling thing full time untill people get sick of seeing him and his 15 minutes are truely over.
    I'm surprised ESPN hasn't signed him to a TV analyst job yet. Just as long as it isn't analyzing defenses or passing schemes he should be successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm surprised ESPN hasn't signed him to a TV analyst job yet. Just as long as it isn't analyzing defenses or passing schemes he should be successful.
    Are you kidding, I'd rather have him than Lomas Brown or whoever saying the stupidest things that anyone can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at his stats, if he can't make a third string job somewhere, then how in the bloody hell is Mark Sanchez a starter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Are you kidding, I'd rather have him than Lomas Brown or whoever saying the stupidest things that anyone can do.
    Lomas Brown did just get fired...

A guy I know on the Rams squad survived the first 19 cuts today. Doubt he will make it through to the final 53, but it would be pretty cool to have a kid from this area in the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at his stats, if he can't make a third string job somewhere, then how in the bloody hell is Mark Sanchez a starter?
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets...

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    But he's be bringing up god and all that every broadcast and ESPN doesn't le... nvm Stephen A Smith does it too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    But he's be bringing up god and all that every broadcast and ESPN doesn't le... nvm Stephen A Smith does it too.
    I don't think Tebow would do that on air, but he would never criticize anything. Every one of his pieces would sound like every press conference he does "this is great" "that is great" "everything is great"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read that the Seahawks will trade or cut Antoine Winfield

If that’s true, it certainly speaks to the depth and talent the Seahawks possess on defense. Winfield graded out as Pro Football Focus’s top cornerback in all of football last season, then signed a one-year, $2 million deal with Seattle this season.
    #1 cornerback?

10+ Year Old Account
    $8.25 million guaranteed

and many teams aren't carrying #3 QBs any more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    And the Richard Sherman being above Earl Thomas offends me, I hate SHerman, his on field shiznit angers me so, he is a great guy as far as I know, but he still pisses me off, and probably still would even if he were on the Niners. Anywhoo: ET is better in my opinion, has the guy missed a snap at all in the last three years? He is going the be the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu type safety, where GMs try to get the next Earl Thomas.
    Earl Thomas is WAY WAY WAY more vital than Richard Sherman on that secondary. ESPN is just looking at stats. Lets say next year it becomes an issue where we need to sign only one, well I'd say sign Earl Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Read that the Seahawks will trade or cut Antoine Winfield

#1 cornerback?
    Its interesting considering in a preseason interview 2 weeks ago the CB coach for the Seahawks said he would start Winfield over Thurmond. Now it looks like that has changed after Thurmond had a good game. Honestly I had a feeling that would happen. They want to keep the cheaper guys in case they do have to lose Sherman and/or Browner next year. If they released the guys like Lane and Maxwell they'd start on other teams easily.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

His ego is killing his career. Been cut from 3 teams in 3 years and still insists on being a QB. Pats needs TE's badly but he just wont do it. I would be willing to bet that Belechick asked him to catch, Tebow said no and Belechick said seeya.

"I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback," Tebow wrote on Twitter.

Kind of sad,,
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-08-31 at 08:09 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    His ego is killing his career. Been cut from 3 teams in 3 years and still insists on being a QB. Pats needs TE's badly but he just wont do it. I would be willing to bet that Belechick asked him to catch, Tebow said no and Belechick said seeya.

"I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback," Tebow wrote on Twitter.

Kind of sad,,
    Uhh, as much as people joke about it, going to a TE from a QB in the NFL is a huge jump. Its not something that Tebow could of done in the NE system over an offseason. Not only are NE's tight ends good at receiving, but also blocking. Something a lot of people overlook.

Brady Quinn has been released. Hard to believe he wont score a job on the Bills or something. Also I hate how Seattle announces their cuts right at the deadline. Usually only hear about the big ones before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vince Young dropped by the packers. That's actually surprising. That leaves the Packers with BJ Coleman, whoever the hell that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and the Redskins are keeping Pat White.

4 QBs? Wow.

Clemons moved off PUP list and will make final 53m roster. Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the Seahawks are faxing in their roster cuts. Still nothing yet.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-08-31 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of bummed the Saints cut Courtney Roby, he was a great special teamer but as a receiver he was miserable. I'm really surprised Ricky Stanzi made an NFL roster (even if it is the Jaguars). Stanzi never saw the field even though he was with the Chiefs and their other QBs were appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Kind of bummed the Saints cut Courtney Roby, he was a great special teamer but as a receiver he was miserable. I'm really surprised Ricky Stanzi made an NFL roster (even if it is the Jaguars). Stanzi never saw the field even though he was with the Chiefs and their other QBs were appalling.
    The only team with an (arguably) worse QB situation than the Jags is the Jets. Also, the Jags are paying like, at most, 600k to their entire roster, so I suppose he can fit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Seahawks cut all their TE's besides two. Expect a pick up there soon. Probably the most noteworthy cut was WR Chris Harper. Also traded for D'anthony Smith from the Jags, a DE for a conditional draft pick.

Happy that Mayowa made the team though. A LOT of teams had their eyes on him.