10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    The jets should seriously be ashamed of themselves. That Patriot secondary is a UFL level talented. The fact they've struggled like this, at home, is insane.
    To look this bad against one of the worst defenses in the league is just shameful. I don't know if Sanchez kicked D'Brickashaw Ferguson's puppy or something but he let Carter passed him 4 times for sacks.

Anyone think this lose basically kills the Jets playoff chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And the Eagles.

It's good to know money doesn't buy wins, a la MLB.
    Dude, what the hell is up w/ the Eagles? 5th time they've given up a lead in the 4th quarter this year. All that money spent on the D and Skelton puts up 300+ yards with 3 TD's.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

The wildcard is going to be....wild. I don't think the Jets are out of the question by any means. But you have to assume either Baltimore or Pittsburgh will get one slot. And if the Bills and Bengals stick around, the Jet's could be in for a battle for the other slot.

The Eagles lack killer instinct. They don't have the ability to finish someone when they're down. 5 losses have come when they were leading at the start of the fourth quarter. FIVE! That's insane. Juan Castillo has got to go. He had no experience as a coordinator, and obviously is in over his head now. The offense is inconsistent. Not having DeSean shouldn't have had this much of an effect. Why they refuse to just give Lesean McCoy the ball and let him run wild is beyond me.

One thing is sure. Philly sports radio is must-listen stuff tomorrow. Can't wait to hear some Philly fan rage.

Tebow draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagon

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Colts have only 6 more losses to go now to complete their "perfect" win-less season!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofaith View Post
    - Really that 6 points could have been 14 just as easy.
    - Yeah they did abandon run early, but where do you think they would have gotten against this run D? High ranked and have been on fire all year for the most part.
    - Yeah the long FG's really didn't help at all, bad call both times.
    - Did you see the ref's on that challenge try and talk him out of the challenge, just loooooooool
    - I give Flacco a little credit because it really isn't easy to throw against our defensive backfield lately, and given that you could almost make money on the fact they were gonna throw it it really puts a lot of pressure to be perfect since the D can effectively run Dime and Nickle all game.
    - Our corners are beast, I really think teams will have to rely on the shorter pass game to get completions. Really makes me wonder what it would be if our two top corners weren't out for the year.
    - Lots of 3 and outs but the Hawks D have been emerging lately and this may just become a habit before not too long.
    - I really credit game plan on your last point because I watch my Hawks very close all the time and I haven't seen us use that plan at all this year. Maybe our new niche to help the line and TJack keep moving the chains. And TJack's arm has been an issue since halfway through the Giants game. Peck issues are very difficult to get healed mid-season.
    Yeah, when the ref does everything he can to talk you out of it, that's a good sign that you should pick up that red flag and put it back in your pocket.

While I agree about Seattle's Defense, the fact remains that the Ravens need to be able to do something. The run is their bread and butter of their offense. It's one thing to have a team shut you down, but it's pathetic to not even try. To handcuff Ray Rice and then make Flacco throw 50+ times is just not gonna work. Again, Seattle's D is good, but if you can't do anything against a 3-6 team, I'm not sure what they're expecting to do in the playoffs. That's the 3rd time they've been embarassed by a losing team this season and the 2nd time they've completely abandoned the run for no real reason.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yeah, when the ref does everything he can to talk you out of it, that's a good sign that you should pick up that red flag and put it back in your pocket.

While I agree about Seattle's Defense, the fact remains that the Ravens need to be able to do something. The run is their bread and butter of their offense. It's one thing to have a team shut you down, but it's pathetic to not even try. To handcuff Ray Rice and then make Flacco throw 50+ times is just not gonna work. Again, Seattle's D is good, but if you can't do anything against a 3-6 team, I'm not sure what they're expecting to do in the playoffs. That's the 3rd time they've been embarassed by a losing team this season and the 2nd time they've completely abandoned the run for no real reason.
    Your points are all valid to me. But I just want to add for a little back-story because I know way up here in the northwest our teams get very little exposure no matter what but the Hawks are literally a few plays from being 7-2 and we're a few plays from being 1-8. Our record reflects our inability to put together a whole game but I don't think it reflects the raw talent level or where we will be if we can continue on this path of progression.

But again, I will agree that Baltimore's game plan was really bad and their execution was even worse.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    And the Colts have only 6 more losses to go now to complete their "perfect" win-less season!
    I would really be concerned with the rest of the team taking a year off because they were missing Manning. Yes he is nearly the best QB ever but what does it say about you being a professional when you just mail in an entire year. That lack of desire or drive would really concern me if I were management there.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    To look this bad against one of the worst defenses in the league is just shameful. I don't know if Sanchez kicked D'Brickashaw Ferguson's puppy or something but he let Carter passed him 4 times for sacks.

Anyone think this lose basically kills the Jets playoff chances?

Dude, what the hell is up w/ the Eagles? 5th time they've given up a lead in the 4th quarter this year. All that money spent on the D and Skelton puts up 300+ yards with 3 TD's.
    Yeah, Jets are over for this season. Stick a fork in 'em. Boy I'm glad I'm not an Eagles fan, I'd have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really be concerned with the rest of the team taking a year off because they were missing Manning. Yes he is nearly the best QB ever but what does it say about you being a professional when you just mail in an entire year. That lack of desire or drive would really concern me if I were management there.
    I don't think anyone on the Colts is taking the year off. The problem is that the Colts are completely built around Peyton Manning; both offense and defense. While that receiving core is decent, the only real threat is Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. Joseph Addai, even when healthy, isn't that good a RB but they can afford to carry a guy like Addai because Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. As for the defense, they're built to play w/ a lead and just let Freeney and Mathis do what they do. They're not the type of defense you can just keep leaving out there the entire game because your offense keeps going 3 and out.

Someone joked earlier about Manning getting the MVP because of how bad the Colts look without him, but it's really true. It definitely says something when this team was in the Superbowl just 2 years ago yet can't seem to pull out a single win without Manning.

Doesn't look like things are getting any better for them either. Addai has been nursing an injury for a couple weeks that finally put him out this week, it's looking like Dallas Clark may be done for the year and the other TE, Brody Eldridge, will be out several weeks after surgery on his broken hand.

To be fair the only (near) full game this season I've seen of the Colts was the New Orleans game. I made that comment without fully scouting them or anything but in my opinion I haven't seen anything at all showing fight or guts, just give up and lay down.

I'm of the philosophy that no matter the situation and no matter the score and no matter the record you bust your ass as much as possible, period. It really just looks like without Peyton they accept that as a built in excuse.

Don't get me wrong I know that a loss of that size is gigantic to a team but building off of your statement that two years ago these guys were in a Super Bowl game and they can't win at all? All teams have injuries all year long but lose this one guy and you can't win? From a Super Bowl team? Man that reeks of give up to me.

And that isn't said to minimize just how great this one guy is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about Tebow's confidence, fine his passing game was terrible. But he had an offensive line that didn't let him get sacked once and gave him the chance to run for a 7 yard TD (not as awesome as Moreno's hurdle run though prior to it)

He just needs to practice that arm, and start throwing consistently. He's got some pretty good recievers, his underthrown long pass to Decker nearly pulled off and it would have been all Decker if it had (he made a pretty good effort at recovering it) If he can show consistency then Denver has a new QB for a long time.

Normally I wouldn't be this positive about the Broncos but them beating KC means we top the AFC West for about the only point it'll happen this year, wish we hadn't lost McFadden.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Talking about Tebow's confidence, fine his passing game was terrible. But he had an offensive line that didn't let him get sacked once and gave him the chance to run for a 7 yard TD (not as awesome as Moreno's hurdle run though prior to it)

He just needs to practice that arm, and start throwing consistently. He's got some pretty good recievers, his underthrown long pass to Decker nearly pulled off and it would have been all Decker if it had (he made a pretty good effort at recovering it) If he can show consistency then Denver has a new QB for a long time.

Normally I wouldn't be this positive about the Broncos but them beating KC means we top the AFC West for about the only point it'll happen this year, wish we hadn't lost McFadden.
    Just curious what you think of the charges that Tebow's mechanics wont allow him to be a successful NFL QB? Basically super-duper smart football guys say that his mechanics just aren't good enough for the pros and they never have been good at all.

Ha enjoy the lead in the division while you have it! That division looks like it's going to come right down to the wire. And basically since I'm a Seahawk and you're a Raider I have to hate you for all eternity. Nothing personal of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the Eagles.

It's good to know money doesn't buy wins, a la MLB.
    You say that as if most big market NFL teams don't have similar payrolls. The Eagles, Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Packers, and Oakland all have $100 million+ payrolls. Most other teams are in the $85-99 million range. There are a few exceptions though like the Bengals that apparently are only paying $58 million in player salaries this year.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but WTF Ravens offense. There is a fantastic theme in all of their losses this season, they stop running the ball. Last night, there was a point in the third quarter where they have ran 41 plays but only 8 were runs. Ray Rice ran the ball five times last night. FIVE. Freaking FIVE. The best running back in the game, and the only way Cameron could get him involved was having him throw a touchdown. Really Cam Cameron? Really? It isn't like Rice was being stuffed at the line every run either. He still averaged over 5 yards per run. The Ravens can not win as a passing team. They just can't. Yes they got down early, but they were never once in a position in that game where they had to abandon the run.

How Cameron still has a job today is beyond me.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 08:55 AM ----------

How to win with Tim Tebow: Don't throw the ball. Ever. Don't give him the chance to screw up. Play good defense.

Kid is going to have no confidence if this keeps up. And they get the Jets on a short week. Going to be ugly.

Btw, How bout them Cowboys?
    You say that as if Tebow has been making all kinds of mistakes. He hasn't. Ya he has made some god awful throws, but he has one interception against seven touchdowns passing. He has one interception in 105 pass attempts this season, the best ratio in the NFL by far for a QB. The only guy near that is Rodgers who has thrown 3 INTS in 265 attempts. Everyone else is at least double that ratio, or in the case of Rex Grossman, about six times higher (11 in 197). But he is a running Qb you say so surely he must fumble a lot ala Vick! Well, no not really. In 14 sacks and 48 runs, he has lost exactly one fumble.

So no confidence? Really? He has some of the best ratio stats in the NFL. He has the third best win percentage for a QB this season in the NFL behind Rodgers and Smith. The Broncos are 3-1 and in position to challenge for the division under Tebow whereas before they were 1-4 and in position to challenge for Luck under Orton. He may not be the prototypical pocket passer, but he has done an absolutely phenomenal job of limiting mistakes all season and has been a part of Denver actually playing like a team again.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:00 AM ----------

Just curious what you think of the charges that Tebow's mechanics wont allow him to be a successful NFL QB? Basically super-duper smart football guys say that his mechanics just aren't good enough for the pros and they never have been good at all.

Ha enjoy the lead in the division while you have it! That division looks like it's going to come right down to the wire. And basically since I'm a Seahawk and you're a Raider I have to hate you for all eternity. Nothing personal of course.
    His throwing motion is wonky. Its like he is throwing a baseball so it is long and extended resulting in the ball occasionally coming out like someone shot it with a light gun (Duck Hunt reference). That is really the only criticism people can make. Ya he is slow at making reads, show me a rookie QB who isn't because that is essentially what he is still. He occasionally has just terrible pocket composure where he spins around, turns his back to the play, and looks generally lost. He has a tendency to make throws without setting his feet, like most young QBs. But mixed in with those he shows flashes of brilliance. The throw he made to Decker yesterday was just great. He set his feet, went through his progression, and laid a perfectly thrown spiral right over the defenders to him. That is what people want to see more of from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that the Ravens can manage to make it to the Super Bowl, and either leave Cam Cameron or fire him before the game. I am shocked that none of the defensive players or other coaches have grabbed Cameron by the neck and throttled him screaming "Run the freaking ball!"

Here would be an excellent process for the Ravens offense: Ray Rice left, Ray Rice right. Ray Rice screen pass, Ray Rice reverse. Rayverse the process and Raypeat.
    It wouldn't work on third and long you say? Pass to one of our WR's or Tight Ends!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I hope that the Ravens can manage to make it to the Super Bowl, and either leave Cam Cameron or fire him before the game. I am shocked that none of the defensive players or other coaches have grabbed Cameron by the neck and throttled him screaming "Run the freaking ball!"

Here would be an excellent process for the Ravens offense: Ray Rice left, Ray Rice right. Ray Rice screen pass, Ray Rice reverse. Rayverse the process and Raypeat.
    It wouldn't work on third and long you say? Pass to one of our WR's or Tight Ends!
    Uhhh if you did that Ray Rice would either A. fall apart of B.get injured you got to make the D think your going to pass it sometimes so they don't just shorten the field and put 7 in the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    .Ha enjoy the lead in the division while you have it! That division looks like it's going to come right down to the wire. And basically since I'm a Seahawk and you're a Raider I have to hate you for all eternity. Nothing personal of course.
    You and everybody else it seems =p

Honestly I don't expect to keep it, we've got Detroit and Green Bay to play, we blew our odds by not picking up divisional wins over KC and Denver.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

So no confidence? Really? He has some of the best ratio stats in the NFL. He has the third best win percentage for a QB this season in the NFL behind Rodgers and Smith. The Broncos are 3-1 and in position to challenge for the division under Tebow whereas before they were 1-4 and in position to challenge for Luck under Orton. He may not be the prototypical pocket passer, but he has done an absolutely phenomenal job of limiting mistakes all season and has been a part of Denver actually playing like a team again.
    The confidence thing comes from whether his coaches believe in him. The fact they don't has got to wear on you, especially when you are trying to develop. At this point, it's pretty clear Denver will be finding a new QB in the offseason. Tebow and the triple option is not going to be the future. Yes they are 3-1 with him but lets not pretend like he's been playing good football teams either. The one above average team he played was Detroit and they made a mockery out of him. And you can't sit and say "Oh but he has a great winning percentage" when he's effectively played a fraction of the games other QB's have played. There has been a lot more to Denver winning then the fact Tebow is starting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not NFL but professional football still, and brings up an interesting discussion.

Why does the NFL count punts from the line of scrimmage instead of point of impact? I understand passes to an extent, because then you'd have quarterbacks and receivers with ungodly stats that wouldn't make sense in the terms of the limit of the field. But punts? Why?

Not a huge fan of either team but it sure is good to see Andy Dalton and Cam Newton showing promise, while making nice transitions into the NFL.

Not NFL but professional football still, and brings up an interesting discussion.

Why does the NFL count punts from the line of scrimmage instead of point of impact? I understand passes to an extent, because then you'd have quarterbacks and receivers with ungodly stats that wouldn't make sense in the terms of the limit of the field. But punts? Why?
    I would say because the line of scrimmage is viewed as 0 in every other sense of the game. Wouldn't make sense to tack on phantom yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post

I think you're just underestimating the Seahawks run defense. A few weeks ago they had the #1 run defense in the league. That could be why they didn't run it. Like coach said down on the goal line they ran two trick plays in a row, they really didn't want to have to run it in.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 06:09 AM ----------

The confidence thing comes from whether his coaches believe in him. The fact they don't has got to wear on you, especially when you are trying to develop. At this point, it's pretty clear Denver will be finding a new QB in the offseason. Tebow and the triple option is not going to be the future. Yes they are 3-1 with him but lets not pretend like he's been playing good football teams either. The one above average team he played was Detroit and they made a mockery out of him. And you can't sit and say "Oh but he has a great winning percentage" when he's effectively played a fraction of the games other QB's have played. There has been a lot more to Denver winning then the fact Tebow is starting now.
    I thought the same thing more or less! Nut just that stat he used but all of them are out of scale. I'm pretty sure he wont like the rest of the season and I highly doubt he'll feel the same about the "QB situation" in Denver. I was blown away by the triple option calls, I'm interested watching that experiment unfold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Bears. Welcome to the SuperBowl!