10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Doesn't Rob Bironas hold that record?
    Yep, he also tied the record for most in a half that game.

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 11:27 PM ----------

And now 6/6, after we screwed the pooch and ended up 4th and goal from the 26 yards.

Think we can fit 2 more in the 4th.

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 11:51 PM ----------

Speaking of Oakland and kicking, Lechler has been dropping Chicago back deep with his punting today, and just took a franchise record of 80 yards.

Gonna be a sad day when those two retire.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Speaking of Oakland and kicking, Lechler has been dropping Chicago back deep with his punting today, and just took a franchise record of 80 yards.

It is pretty sad that the most valuable players on your team are the Kicker and Punter. I am not making fun of you guys, I feel your pain as I am a Washington State Cougar /shudder.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love when a play is reviewed and the ref still makes the wrong call. If I was a chiefs fan I'd be mad, but I'm not, so I think it's kinda funny lol.

Is it me or was today really underwhelming? Other then the Overtime in SD it felt like a slow day. Maybe it's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Gotta love when a play is reviewed and the ref still makes the wrong call. If I was a chiefs fan I'd be mad, but I'm not, so I think it's kinda funny lol.
    It's ok, Kansas City's quarterback thinks he plays for Pittsburgh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's ok, Kansas City's quarterback thinks he plays for Pittsburgh.
    No kidding guess Orton isn't ready to play yet haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    No kidding guess Orton isn't ready to play yet haha.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Seems kind of odd that they would claim him and not play him. Yes, he has limited time in that system and w/ those players, but this late in the season, you really don't have the luxury of being picky. Especially against a team like the Steelers.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

I feel bad for Orton having to play against the fucking Steelers with a new team. Oh well.

------

So, Tebow finally made half of his attempts!! Fuck yeah MVP baby!!

But seriously, he didn't do badly. Even though he barely throws the ball, I really can't fault him because he's not throwing interceptions. I'll gladly take a horrible throwing motion as opposed to 2 interceptions a game.

Game itself was a great team victory. Defense held The Chargers in check after that touchdown, and the offense got some big plays when it mattered.

---

So, who else thinks the Bears won't make it to the playoffs this year now that Cutler is hurt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So, who else thinks the Bears won't make it to the playoffs this year now that Cutler is hurt?
    /raises hand

I don't have clue who gets in the playoffs in the NFC minus the obvious answers of the Niners and Packers, but I don't see the Bears in there.

The Texans might have some issues getting in as well, how many more QB's will they go through by the end of the season?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    It is pretty sad that the most valuable players on your team are the Kicker and Punter. I am not making fun of you guys, I feel your pain as I am a Washington State Cougar /shudder.
    Well to be fair, one of our best players for this season is out injured currently, but yes Lechler and Janikowski have been consistent now for 11 years. We got laughed at when we made Janikowski our 1st round pick (who along with Urlacher are the only first round survivors from the 2000 draft) and then took the only punter in the entire draft. Don't think anyone's laughing now though.

The Bears' season is done for, I really don't see them getting to the playoffs now, it's unfortunate with what happened to Cutler. Even if the Lions go into a failcascade, I don't see the Bears beating the 2nd place out of Cowboys/Giants and the 2nd place out of Saints/Falcons into a playoff position.

Hanie has some promise in the future, but he has a lot of work to correct the several mistakes he made.

It's still way to early to throw in the towel on the Bears. Oakland isn't a bad team. They've got very easy games coming up over the next few weeks(KC, Denver, SEA). They could easily win those three and be sitting at 10 wins with two games left. By that point Cutler should be nearly ready to roll. They do have GB but the close the season with the Vikings. Another not so great team. Unless my math is off, they still have an outside shot at 11 wins. 10 should be all they need for a wildcard. 11 would seal it.

Only one team from the East is getting in. I just don't see the Giants making it. They've got NO tomorrow night and still two games with Dallas, a game against GB and a game against a Jets team that will still be fighting for it's own life. I'm gonna assume they'll split with Dallas. So 10 wins is probably best case scenario right now for them. And that isn't a sure thing given that Jets game.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2011-11-28 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    It's still way to early to throw in the towel on the Bears. Oakland isn't a bad team. They've got very easy games coming up over the next few weeks(KC, Denver, SEA). They could easily win those three and be sitting at 10 wins with two games left. By that point Cutler should be nearly ready to roll. They do have GB but the close the season with the Vikings. Another not so great team. Unless my math is off, they still have an outside shot at 11 wins. 10 should be all they need for a wildcard. 11 would seal it.
    derp I misread your quote

I dunno, Denver game might not go their way. Playing in Denver against a confident (assuming 5 win streak with Denver playing Minnesota next week) team without their best player is going to hurt.

derp I misread your quote

I dunno, Denver game might not go their way. Playing in Denver against a confident (assuming 5 win streak with Denver playing Minnesota next week) team without their best player is going to hurt.
    Which would still be 10 wins should the power of Tebow compel the Broncos to win again. But I just don't see that defense letting Denver do much of anything. The Bears are a lot better then the .500 caliber teams Denver has been runningthrough. Of course, with the way Denver's defense has played we could be in for another game that sets offensive football back another 30 years.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2011-11-28 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Which would still be 10 wins should the power of Tebow compel the Broncos to win again. But I just don't see that defense letting Denver do much of anything. The Bears are a lot better then the .500 caliber teams Denver has been runningthrough. Of course, with the way Denver's defense has played we could be in for another game that sets offensive football back another 30 years.
    The bears are better with Cutler, you mean. Hainey is going to be putting up 2-3 picks against Denver's secondary, which is better than the Raiders' group. It's just about impossible to win games with those kinds of turnovers.

I dunno, we'll see. I'm predicting a defensive bout.

My team is over now. /pour out teh brew on teh curb

Coach Carrol pulls out the "tough lessons" argument and even the "Benching people that can't adapt" line. This season is over, not just probably, but stick the fork in. I'm sad too because I really felt more this year but 8-8 is technically an improvement over last year playoffs or not (albeit far less exciting). Now onto the Eagles, I would feel a little better about this year if we helped Reid get fired!

Up by 10 in the fourth and we lose. God damn my hair is on fire about this one. This was the time and the moment to seize some control of your future. All that ra-ra shit and we give up two giant touchdowns and a field go on top like a little cherry with your sweet win! Ugh I can't even be objective at this point. This one was ANOTHER winnable game. "slow calm breaths"

Oh and I FUCKING LOVE JIM MORA as a play-by-play announcer. He covered both this and the Browns game this year and I really enjoy hearing him dissect the plays. Also I still really feel for him getting just one year =/ I STILL think that's brutal.

Well to be fair, one of our best players for this season is out injured currently, but yes Lechler and Janikowski have been consistent now for 11 years. We got laughed at when we made Janikowski our 1st round pick (who along with Urlacher are the only first round survivors from the 2000 draft) and then took the only punter in the entire draft. Don't think anyone's laughing now though.

The Bears' season is done for, I really don't see them getting to the playoffs now, it's unfortunate with what happened to Cutler. Even if the Lions go into a failcascade, I don't see the Bears beating the 2nd place out of Cowboys/Giants and the 2nd place out of Saints/Falcons into a playoff position.

Hanie has some promise in the future, but he has a lot of work to correct the several mistakes he made.
    Just keep the Broncos from taking your division and you're golden! Which is really more than I expected from the Raiders honestly. The only higher penalized team than my Seahawks, irrelevant but hey! I know too many Raider fans and it looks like this year I'll have to congratulate you guys, at least prior to playoffs =D.

After a few years of losses to the Bears in the playoffs I'm fine with watching them burn! Spite: all some fans get from the NFL. (Not me, just being a smart-ass)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Seahawks. Hey at least the Huskies won =D.

Me too. 10char
    Last edited by Nofaith; 2011-11-28 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofaith View Post
    Just keep the Broncos from taking your division and you're golden! Which is really more than I expected from the Raiders honestly. The only higher penalized team than my Seahawks, irrelevant but hey! I know too many Raider fans and it looks like this year I'll have to congratulate you guys, at least prior to playoffs =D.
    On paper we should be expected to beat pretty much every team except GB and Detroit which will put us at 10-6 for the season.

However Mcfadden is due back for both GB and Detroit. While I don't expect us to get anything from GB I'll be crossing my fingers, but I'm quietly confident about our chances vs the Lions. Watch hubris come and kick me square in the jaw but I think we'll be looking at postseason.

15+ Year Old Account

Just saw a replay of that Lechler punt. WTF. That might be the most impressive thing I have ever seen aside from Janikowski's 63 yarders. How do you kick a ball 80 yards in the air like that while facing the best return man in the league and, afaik, not with 50 mph winds? That was just ridiculous.

I think we can seriously start considering the Giants done for. Green Bay next week is pretty much make or break. The only thing keeping them on life support is they've still got both games against Dallas left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Carolina actually won a game making them 3-8, but it felt so empty considering it was against the worst team in the league the now 0-11 Colts. Also, who would've expected the Chiefs to put up such a fight against the Steelers? Never saw that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Carolina actually won a game making them 3-8, but it felt so empty considering it was against the worst team in the league the now 0-11 Colts. Also, who would've expected the Chiefs to put up such a fight against the Steelers? Never saw that coming.

Cam is making the Panthers look like they had any hope. He's doing a damn good job over there.