10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna give numbers but I'll make my predictions:

NY/Atl: Probably the closest matchup of the wild cards. I'll take the Falcons in overtime, just for funsies
    Detroit/New Orleans: I don't think the Lions have a chance here. All it's gonna take is the Saints' defense holding Detroit in a couple series, and they can run away with it
    Pittsburgh/Denver: The Steelers are way too hurt, and despite the guaranteed interceptions they'll get, Denver's defense will keep them in it in a very very low scoring game.
    Cincy/Houston: Houston's offense runs away with this, no matter what QB they play.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Popping in this thread because I am bored at work. I am also excited about this weekends matches.

NY / ATL - I'm going New York all the way on this one. There is a lot of good players on Atlanta but there is great players on the Giants team right now. Apparently all they have to do is put the ball in Cruz' hands.

DT / NO - I love watching the Saints play ball. Been a fan for a few years. To see them break records this season is a great sight. Being a fan I also want them to cap the season off the right way. Detroit has made some serious headway from that 0 and 16 season a few years back, but being dealt New Orleans this weekend has them set up for a loss.

Cin / Hou - Houston, houston, houston. Cinci came through for me as a team when I needed them to for my picks but in this matchup I have to go with Houston. Houston has the better team.

Denver / Pits - On paper Pittsburgh is hands down the better team. I think Denver may have more rushing yards (Insert joke about Tebow here), but the rest falls to Pittsburgh. However, Pittsburgh has played for shite in their last three games and has key players that are injured. I'll be picking Denver this weekend to win but I just can't see them going pass this weekend.

So uhhh...Brady Quinn has been getting roughly half the snaps with the first team this week. Denver also reportedly has specific packages in place for him this weekend.

John Fox is about to throw the kitchen sink at Pittsburgh this weekend and maybe Tebows leash won't be as long if he comes out and plays like hell.

I dont know how many of you watch ESPN. I'm a big Around the Horn fan, and Tony Reali brought up a good question today. Does the Pittsburgh/Denver match up look eerily familiar to the previous Saints/Seahawks matchup?

I wanted to agree until i remembered that while pitt is good, theyre beatup, and denver has apparently that extra umph against wounded teams and bad squads. This is compared to a healthy and load saints squad vs a capable but terribly inconsistent seahawks squad.

Steelers look wounded but im struggling to believe that the steelers are going to let a primitive offense roll all over them.
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-01-07 at 04:43 AM. Reason: lack of clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    I dont know how many of you watch ESPN. I'm a big Around the Horn fan, and Tony Reali brought up a good question today. Does the Pittsburgh/Denver match up look eerily familiar to the previous Saints/Seahawks matchup?

I wanted to agree until i remembered that while pitt is good, theyre beatup, and denver has apparently that extra umph against wounded teams and bad squads. This is compared to a healthy and load saints squad vs a capable but terribly inconsistent seahawks squad.

Steelers look wounded but im struggling to believe that the steelers are going to let a primitive offense roll all over them.
    1) Love ATH. And PTI for that matter.
    2) I don't think they look THAT similar. Denver doesn't have the crowd advantage that Seattle has/had. And to be honest NO wasn't that great last year. Pittsburgh can play defense. They can throw the ball around. And they have one of the best at QB. A guy who has been there and done that. Twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver's gonna kill themselves by putting Quinn in if they do. Neither QB is any good, but at least with Tebow you have someone with a little extra talent, plus someone who has freaking been playing this year. Quinn will get beyond annihilated.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    So uhhh...Brady Quinn has been getting roughly half the snaps with the first team this week. Denver also reportedly has specific packages in place for him this weekend.

John Fox is about to throw the kitchen sink at Pittsburgh this weekend and maybe Tebows leash won't be as long if he comes out and plays like hell.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

10+ Year Old Account
    these 4 teams neeed to not win. i'm just tired of all the bandwagon fans. broncos, steelers, patriots, and the packers. they all need to go home by next week!

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    these 4 teams neeed to not win. i'm just tired of all the bandwagon fans. broncos, steelers, patriots, and the packers. they all need to go home by next week!
    I'd love to hear what your team is, im almost certain your team has an annoying bandwagon crew too.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

Yeah part of the whole PFT story is that Denver has been denying the hell out of it. Obviously they aren't going to come out and scream "LOOK WHAT WE GOT PLANNED!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Yeah part of the whole PFT story is that Denver has been denying the hell out of it. Obviously they aren't going to come out and scream "LOOK WHAT WE GOT PLANNED!!!!!"
    I dunno, it doesn't make much sense to put him in anyways (and changing the offense a --third -- time). Even without Ryan Clark, that defense is going to murder anybody who isn't Brady/Brees/Manning/Rodgers, let alone a known draft flub.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    lay off my packers bro, we never hurt you. packer fans hemmorhage green and gold. there's no more loyal fans in the world than us packer backers.
    come to Lambeau sometime, you'd have a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the Falcon's thinking of "hey, it didn't work, let's try it again". I swear, if they miss a 3rd/4th and short again on a dive play, I'm gonna apply to be an OC for the NFL, because I guess it doesn't take much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this will get ESPN and other analysts off of Ryan's nuts. He isn't that good of a QB, hell; Flaaco is better than him and Flaaco is the definition of Average Joe. Ryan is even more overrated than Sanchize which is to say, insane.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg Tebow threw a drive well, and scored in the second quarter!

Tebow time!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just been discussing the Chargers and Rivers situation on the BBC radio over here, he has 6 kids under the age of 4? How the christ does he sleep at night...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I just watched the biggest screwjob in nfl history happen to the denver broncos. I am not a fan of either team, just watching the game to pass some time, and I can honestly say that was THE WORST onfield call, and the fastest whistle of an onfield call I have EVER seen, considering they are supposed to let "possible" fumbles play out.

The fact that the broncos would have been on the 18 yard line, clearly scoring position, but he could not challenge it due to the fast whistle, and the steelers scored right after? *hangs head in shame* And I was watching it on a shitty, 24 inch non hd tv aat the time, and I could see it live, knowing instantly it was a backwards pass..but before I could even say it to my friend, the whistle was blowing!

What a complete rigjob that was. That ref should be fired instantly, on the field. Tim Donaghy anyone?

Steelers left waaaaaay too much time for the Broncos and Tebow
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Broncos did it yet again, on the first OT play. It's Tebow Time baby!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II