15+ Year Old Account
    So the Lions attempted to trade Jerome Harrison for Ronnie Brown, but the trade was voided because Harrison didn't pass his physical. Turns out the dude has a brain tumor that would have went undiagnosed without the trade. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So the Lions attempted to trade Jerome Harrison for Ronnie Brown, but the trade was voided because Harrison didn't pass his physical. Turns out the dude has a brain tumor that would have went undiagnosed without the trade. Wow.
    Woah... first that's crazy... second, what kind of physical do they have to do that it detected a brain tumor? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Holy hell, hope it's curable, tough break for the guy.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Holy hell, hope it's curable, tough break for the guy.
    They said it's treatable and he had a good prognosis the day the news broke.

He had surgery today according to one of the tickers on TV.

He won't play again this year, but so far, the odds are in his favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    They said it's treatable and he had a good prognosis the day the news broke.

He had surgery today according to one of the tickers on TV.

He won't play again this year, but so far, the odds are in his favor.
    Hoping for a good recovery then, he's got a couple more good seasons in him if he chooses to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Janikowski's out with a hamstring injury, expected to return after the Raider's by week, and Boller is expected to start.

If this game wasn't the Chiefs I'd be biting my nails.

Ok update time, that's Boller's 2nd interception in two drives. Why the hell is this clown playing.

No wait, that's 3. This is beyond ugly.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2011-10-23 at 09:30 PM.

13/27. Squeaked by the Dolphins. Did nothing for 3 and a half quarters. And Tebow will be praised as the next John Elway all week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Palmer puts the helmet on and starts warming up, time to become a Raider hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Palmer puts the helmet on and starts warming up, time to become a Raider hero.
    Not even close, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Not even close, lol.
    I'd still say he's better than Boller but yeah, ouch. I was expecting way too much even before hindsight kicks in, with the injuries coming into this game that we had and the lack of time he's had with the team. Bye week next week for us, gives us time to recharge, heal up and get Palmer familiar with the playbook.

Boller's done, Russel would get a better reception going out to QB for Oakland in two weeks time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboy's might have found a running back... I'm going to wait till we play a better team than the Rams to get too excited about Murray tho. Glad they won tho, even if it was supposed to pretty much be a practice game for us with Bradford out, but you never know when the Boys would decide to give a game away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the Saints score 62 points against the Colts today was just plain embarrassing. Makes you wonder what kind of defense would be bad enough to allow that many points...
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    13/27. Squeaked by the Dolphins. Did nothing for 3 and a half quarters. And Tebow will be praised as the next John Elway all week.
    Sigh. Broncos won and Tebow is why. Period. Don't care if you hate him, care to ignore two touchdowns, good passer rating, overall dreadful offensive performance, 7 sacks and injured runningback. There's a lot of work to be done, but I can see him winning more games.

I'm just happy our defense isn't god-awful. Actually giving Tebow a chance to pull off the shit he can is the best aspect of them.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-10-24 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Sigh. Broncos won and Tebow is why. Period. Don't care if you hate him, care to ignore two touchdowns, good passer rating, overall dreadful offensive performance, 7 sacks and injured runningback. There's a lot of work to be done, but I can see him winning more games.

I'm just happy our defense isn't god-awful. Actually giving Tebow a chance to pull off the shit he can is the best aspect of them.

Tebow is the reason? Did Tebow recover the onside kick? Did Tebow kick that field goal? By the way, what does it say about Jon Fox's opinion of Tebow that he decided to kick a long field goal when his kicker already missed two? He played literally 5 minutes of good football. Prior to that his rating with down in the 30's. I'm not discounting the fact they won, and I'm sure plenty of fans will decide to ignore the other 55 minutes of the game. But damn, he's got a loooooong way to go before he's even close to being a serviceable QB. Let alone good-to-great. There were times during the game were you really wanted to feel sorry for the guy for the way he way playing. Bad throws, decisions, sacks, etc. It wasn't pretty. And this was against a beyond bad Dolphins team.

About the Colts, the defense has ALWAYS been that bad. When they won the Super Bowl, they had one of the worst run defenses in the league. Hell, to this day they've yet to have a legitimate running game(They won with Addai and Dominic Rhodes ffs). Peyton Manning has covered a TON of flaws in that team and organization for a long time. From the top on down, it's just a bizarre situation to see.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2011-10-24 at 04:10 AM.

It's a bad year to be an Eagles fan, but oh well...hopes are always up

^ CLICK HERE!! ^

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Tebow is the reason? Did Tebow recover the onside kick? Did Tebow kick that field goal? By the way, what does it say about Jon Fox's opinion of Tebow that he decided to kick a long field goal when his kicker already missed two? He played literally 5 minutes of good football. Prior to that his rating with down in the 30's. I'm not discounting the fact they won, and I'm sure plenty of fans will decide to ignore the other 55 minutes of the game. But damn, he's got a loooooong way to go before he's even close to being a serviceable QB. Let alone good-to-great. There were times during the game were you really wanted to feel sorry for the guy for the way he way playing. Bad throws, decisions, sacks, etc. It wasn't pretty. And this was against a beyond bad Dolphins team.
    Of course Fox didn't trust Tebow, that's why he only allowed him to pass 10 times in the first three quarters. Who cares about the other 55 minutes when the key player isn't being used the way he should? I hate to make an Elway comparison, but have you seen some of Elway's earlier games? The guy played horribly for 2-3 quarters all the time only to remain composed, confident and capable of mounting a comeback. Those are the exact same qualities that Tebow has, and they're only quantifiable by victories. Momentum, moral and leadership are very real "intangibles" that critics are so quick to ignore even when it's staring them in the face. Had it been Orton during the last four minutes, the Broncos would have embarrassingly lost a Toilet Bowl game with no points.

I don't think I'm arguing that Tebow is some Norse God sent down from the heavens to give the Broncos consecutive Superbowls. But the fact of the matter is, he plays well when it matters. 92 passer rating is a good game. 2 touchdowns and no interceptions is a good game. Reading the defense correctly to get a 2 point conversion is a good game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Seeing the Saints score 62 points against the Colts today was just plain embarrassing. Makes you wonder what kind of defense would be bad enough to allow that many points...
    The type of defense that simply can not function if the team doesn't have a lead. The Colts are built with one gameplan in mind. Score early and let the d-line go nuts blitzing the QB since the other team will be in forced passing situations. Without Manning, the team simply can't function the way it is meant to. They have no running game to fall back on. Their passing game is severely crippled regardless of how well Painter plays. Each week I lose more and more faith in the Colts. It is painfully obvious that the GM and coach are apparently not what anyone thought they were. How can you put a team together that is this bad? Even without your starting QB you should be at least able to muster a win or two or at the very least stay competitive. There have been more than a couple of these games where the Colts were only in it do to the horrible play of their opponent.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frickinpandas View Post
    It's a bad year to be an Eagles fan, but oh well...hopes are always up
    I wouldn't give up on them quite yet. There is still a lot of ball to play and no one in the NFC East is exactly running away with it. The Skins have came back down to Earth. The Cowboys are wildly unpredictable. Same for the Giants. If the Eagles can play some good football down the stretch they could still win the division. I don't think it will take more than a 10-6 mark to that division and it really isn't inconceivable for that team to play 8-2 ball the rest of the way, assuming they stop making stupid mistakes constantly.

My fantasy team managed to make it to 5-2 this week by winning by .7 points despite a COMBINED .6 points for my running backs lol. Torrain did not get the ball nearly as much as was expected. I think he got all of 1 touch for -5 yards. Earnest Graham went down in the first after racking up a whole 11 yards. Just terrible. My other fantasy team was much the same story although it lost. McFadden went down early and I picked up Graham to fill in on that team to for McCoy's bye week.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-24 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'm arguing that Tebow is some Norse God sent down from the heavens to give the Broncos consecutive Superbowls. But the fact of the matter is, he plays well when it matters. 92 passer rating is a good game. 2 touchdowns and no interceptions is a good game. Reading the defense correctly to get a 2 point conversion is a good game.
    He's still not great, and it seems like they're dumbing down the offense to suit his playing. He's still young, I guess, but I just hope he can grow out of it with experience. He's definitely Denver's best option right now though. I"m actually rather impressed with Willis McGahee. I didn't think he got his shit together after being injured his first year in the NFL.

What I want to know is, is Cam Newton the real deal? He seems to be doing extremely well, on a piss-poor team.

I also want to ask everybody who they think will win the NFC East. With the Eagles apparently playing far below their expectations, none of the teams really look impressive. I think it's gonna be one of those years where a good team gets snubbed out of the playoffs because one conference sucks so bad. And for once, it's not the NFC West. At least, the 49ers are making sure of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He's still not great, and it seems like they're dumbing down the offense to suit his playing. He's still young, I guess, but I just hope he can grow out of it with experience. He's definitely Denver's best option right now though. I"m actually rather impressed with Willis McGahee. I didn't think he got his shit together after being injured his first year in the NFL.

What I want to know is, is Cam Newton the real deal? He seems to be doing extremely well, on a piss-poor team.

I also want to ask everybody who they think will win the NFC East. With the Eagles apparently playing far below their expectations, none of the teams really look impressive. I think it's gonna be one of those years where a good team gets snubbed out of the playoffs because one conference sucks so bad. And for once, it's not the NFC West. At least, the 49ers are making sure of that.
    I was in no way a big fan of Cam Newton coming into the year, but I have to say the dude has absolutely won me over. He is essentially Tim Tebow with the ability to throw the ball. If Carolina wasn't so horrible on defense they could be a really, really good team. Newton just makes plays. He somehow always manages to find a receiver and if not, well hes gone on a big run. I think there is a very real possibility that he could become a premier QB in the NFL. He is essentially Mike Vick if Vick had the frame to play the type of game he tries to play. Cam is a behemoth who can take the shots that break Vick in pieces. He might not have Vick's cannon of an arm, yet, but he has shown he can throw a damn good football, something Tebow is yet to do. Once they get that defense back up to snuff they will be a good team. How good will the NFC South be if the Panthers get good? The Bucs are young and improving. The Falcons are almost top tier. The Saints are a powerhouse under Brees.

I think the Eagles will win the NFC East. I really do. Unless Dallas finds its game and starts pounding the ball week after week with Murray, I'm not sure what I make of them yet. The Skins are the Skins and I detest the Giants, so I think the Eagles can and will win that division. Their only two games back. Their 1-1 in the division so they have 4 more games left to play. I think it is going to come down the Eagles and the Boys at 10-6 and be decided by tie breakers.

The Eagles are literally two stupid mistakes away from being 4-2. They win their game against the 49ers if Maclin doesn't get sloppy with the ball on the game winning drive. They win that game against the Bills if Eagles receivers can hold onto throws. The last drive was killed by an interception that was dropped right into the hands of the Bills. Without that the Eagles tie the game. Without the two other interceptions on tips they win that game. They win the Atlanta game if Vick isn't tackled into the head of his own oblivious lineman or if the defense can make a single stop when it matters. The Eagles are only a few self inflicted wounds from 4-2 or 5-1. If they can fix those errors and the defense starts playing up to their contract they will be a very good team.

Maybe it is time for them to abandon the wide nine. Yes it is perhaps getting them some occasional pressure on the QB, it is also getting them ran on like crazy. Same thing in Detroit. The wide nine is just a stupid defensive alignment that is giving all sorts of running lanes to the opposition.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-24 at 01:26 PM.

Yes those are a good game. But those weren't the game. There were 55 other minutes. And those 55 minutes were horrendous. If the onside kick fails, the conversation is how awful the guy was and how the touchdown came in garbage time.

About the Eagles, even as a Cowboy fan I don't think they're in trouble yet. They've still got just about every division game still left to play. The Redskins have Rex Grossman and Jon Beck at QB. They're already done. The Giants are inconsistent and are generally an average team at best. We've still got Romo being Romo at times and are consistently dealing with injuries. The East will probably come down to Dallas and Philly. This week will tell us a lot.