10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Laces OUT DAN!
    He KIDNAPPED Snowflake!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Did anybody else realize that Cundiff was going to miss the field goal before he was even lined up? He took the field really late and rushed everything. When I saw the play clock and when he finally got on the field something just said he was going to miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    So 10 years from now Cundiff will be a transsexual and kidnapping old football players.

Now all we need is a cameo from Jim Carrey.
    I don't think it was the laces though. As you saw, he had to rush out to the field and get set quickly to beat the play clock. They had one more timeout, they should have called it to make sure he was ready. It's still his fault, but they should have used that last timeout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just my tv or does fox absolutely suck at sendin the entire camera view? I can't even see the Giants score, or half the game clock...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Lol. Just...lol. I think half the people on these forums could've made that kick. And I'm pretty sure Painter would be an improvement over Flacco at this point. That dude has the situational awareness of a loaf of bread.
    Flacco didnt lose the game for Baltimore, sorry to disappoint. He did exactly what they needed him to do all game. I'm not sad for Baltimore(steelers fan :P). The dirty birds are a great team who just cant get over the hump. How long can ray lewis keepholding out in hopes of a title?

Curtis Painter? Im sorry the colts would have gladly taken Flacco over Painter. The man couldnt hit the broad side of anything except Garcon. The ravens OC keeps trying to make Flacco a star when theyre a run to set up the pass style team. Let Flacco keep the game moving a bit and theyll be fine (which they did), but remember the bread and butter of the purple and black is Ray Rice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Is it just my tv or does fox absolutely suck at sendin the entire camera view? I can't even see the Giants score, or half the game clock...
    That's an issue with your TV, not Fox. Not positive what causes it though. Either you're in a bad resolution or watching an HD broadcast without a HDTV.

And Sykol, you do realize Flacco outplayed Brady right? Nobody in the right mind would take Painter over anyone.

If the giants win I feel SB 2012 as most boring thing ever. "These exact teams were in it a few years ago."
    So, despite my location im gonna have to root against the giants. Ive gotten tired of the same few teams making it to the super bowl -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    does it to my tv to..........gooooooooooo Pats
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    That was gutless, half a yard when making that gives you 1st and goal from the 2? Daft decision, won't be suprised if it comes back to bite them.

Also we've Brian Baldinger doing punditry over here in the UK, that finger is creepy.
    Couldn't agree more with this.

It's one thing if you're in the 2nd half and you're down by a TD or more, but it's near the start of the game and it's 3-0. Even if you don't get the 1st down (or TD), the Pats are pinned back behind the 5. Just no reason not to go for it there.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Unbelievable. Lee Evans had the game won. After all the clowning on Flacco, you can't say he didn't show up today.

Suggs face said it all. "Oh. My. God."
    The only thing better than the look on Suggs face was the look on Belichick's face. Everyone around him was cheering and he's just standing there looking completely confused like, "Wait, what just happened? We're not going to overtime??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Suggs cannot really say anything, he has been all sizzle no steak pretty much this whole year, and this game in particular.
    What?

I'll admit, he's had a couple of games where he's disappeared a bit but overall, this has been one of his better seasons. He's easily a runner up for Defensive Player of the Year (though it should to Jared Allen).
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm all for New England in the Superbowl, but this must be an absolute gut punch for the Ravens fans on this forum. I feel for you guys, you desreved a shot in overtime.
    Definitely ... I'd rather just get blown out. At least I know what to expect when it ends. To have that kind of momentum at the end of the game just to watch a game-winning catch fall to the ground and a game-tying FG shank horribly to the right ... ugh.

In other news, I changed my Facebook status: "I think Cundiff is German for Poo".

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Not much to say about the last 2 minutes of that game. It is just sad that 2 people collectively earn millions of dollars a year to play a game with very simple responsibilities (catch a ball and kick a ball) yet fail so miserably under pressure.
    I agree, but at least Evans has a bit of an excuse. He was injured most/all of the season. He was basically starting over at the end of the season and saw very little playing time. Cundiff on the other hand ... ugh.

Did anyone see him stiff-arm the cameraman following him as he walked off the field? The only positives atm for Ravens fans is knowing that Cam Cameron and Billy Cundiff won't be here for the 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Flacco didnt lose the game for Baltimore, sorry to disappoint. He did exactly what they needed him to do all game. I'm not sad for Baltimore(steelers fan :P). The dirty birds are a great team who just cant get over the hump. How long can ray lewis keepholding out in hopes of a title?

Curtis Painter? Im sorry the colts would have gladly taken Flacco over Painter. The man couldnt hit the broad side of anything except Garcon. The ravens OC keeps trying to make Flacco a star when theyre a run to set up the pass style team. Let Flacco keep the game moving a bit and theyll be fine (which they did), but remember the bread and butter of the purple and black is Ray Rice.
    ^ lol This.

Thanks for this post. Saved me some typing.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Flacco didnt lose the game for Baltimore, sorry to disappoint.
    I guess you didn't see the first half. Or pretty much every third play during the second half. He was

T
    E
    R
    R
    I
    B
    L
    E

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    And Sykol, you do realize Flacco outplayed Brady right? Nobody in the right mind would take Painter over anyone.
    Only because both teams played kinda badly. But when you have a QB that literally panics the second someone moves within five yards of him, doesn't know when to run it, and throws passes that make Helen Keller look like Peyton Manning, you have to put at least some of the blame on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you didn't see the first half. Or pretty much every third play during the second half. He was

T
    E
    R
    R
    I
    B
    L
    E
    First quarter he was abysmal, 2nd Q he was damn good though. 2nd half was 50:50
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account

T
    E
    R
    R
    I
    B
    L
    E

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 07:28 PM ----------

Only because both teams played kinda badly. But when you have a QB that literally panics the second someone moves within five yards of him, doesn't know when to run it, and throws passes that make Helen Keller look like Peyton Manning, you have to put at least some of the blame on him.
    Not sure what you were watching but Flacco did pretty much everything that was asked of him from the 2nd quarter thru the end of the game including what should have been a game-winning drive at the end. That's with a RB that got all but shot down in the 1st half and a WR-core that has bricks for hands (T. Smith), just came off knee surgery (Boldin) or basically missed the entire season (Evans). All that while dealing w/ an offensive line that continually broke down on him. Hell, he even broke off a couple big runs.

Not sure what else you want him to do.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Suggs is all hype..he is lost in his defense all the time, just because he talks tough on tv and trys to act intimidating does not mean he is good...

And as a vikings fan, I can tell you one thing about Jared Allen: He sells out the run game in order to pump up his sack total 100%. I am shocked more teams do not just run it right at him as he flys past the running back at max speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, no one talking about the Giants / 49er's game?

It's tied with just over a minute to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Btw, no one talking about the Giants / 49er's game?

It's tied with just over a minute to go.
    It's too exciting to turn away from!

Tons of three-and-outs, still more in OT.

Ugh...CALL THE FAIR CATCH! You have no where to go, just call the damn fair catch! This Is what happened to NE.

Good game SF. At least I'll get to see NE pick apart NY.

Giant win.
    42 and 46 exact same teams. I believe this has only happened one other time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a brilliant weekend of Championship games for a neutral viewer. Bring on the Superbowl.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ugh...CALL THE FAIR CATCH! You have no where to go, just call the damn fair catch! This Is what happened to NE.

Good game SF. At least I'll get to see NE pick apart NY.
    Yup. Not really wanting to root for the Pats, but let's go New England in the Super Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's too exciting to turn away from!

Tons of three-and-outs, still more in OT.
    I'm a bit of a cynic and that remark made my sarcasm detector go *BEEP*

It was a nice game if you like watching teams defend and pounce on mistakes, instead of trying to ( or more likely succeeding in) to create something on offense.

Anyway Giants - Pats Superbowl, as a Pats fan this pleases me, we can never forget '07 but we can at least get a chance to exact some revenge in a rematch now.

EDIT: Oh and I will *break* random stuff in my house if the Giants get painted as the underdog in the coming Superbowl. They beat 2 quality teams, they are NOT an underdog, never mind their crappy regular season record.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-01-23 at 03:44 AM.