Well, regardless of who wants him, Manning will have his pick of several different teams--assuming he passes his physical.

Obviously he'll likely want to go to a team that could contend with him, and likely that already has good pieces on offense. I also suspect he'll want to go to a good weather or dome team as well. Artificial turf and climate control is a godsend to big passing teams.

How much does he care about money at this point? Really not sure. If it's still important he may accept a bigger offer for a worse situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...n=Twitter_news

Whaaaat is all I got to say. More surprised seattle is looking for one, last I heard Carrol was happy with Tarvaris.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-03-07 at 11:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the NFC west is pretty weak and it has warm weather even in December so that would be good. I don't know if they become a favorite if he goes there thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I mean the NFC west is pretty weak and it has warm weather even in December so that would be good. I don't know if they become a favorite if he goes there thou.
    It will be interesting this year. If Seattle can get a decent O line to give Tarvaris some time to pass instead of having to chuck it after a snap or get sacked, I think at least 1/2 the NFC west will be pretty brutal this season. Cards also have a chance to become pretty good too.

Though with this, and the continuing rumors of Matt Flynn... Maybe Tarvaris wont start. Whitehurst is a FA this season. Personally as a Seattle fan, I don't want to see a Manning in a Seahawks jersey.

Also, Seattle released Marcus Trufant. Already rumors that hes gonna get scoop'ed up by NE.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-03-08 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's so crazy that Tarvaris Jackson is even starting on an NFL team. Living in Arkansas its kinda of funny because he xfered out of here because he couldn't win the starting job from an ex WR in the NFL that got busted for drugs. OT: I still don't know why Seattle got rid of Matt.H until they at least till they got a decent replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's so crazy that Tarvaris Jackson is even starting on an NFL team. Living in Arkansas its kinda of funny because he xfered out of here because he couldn't win the starting job from an ex WR in the NFL that got busted for drugs. OT: I still don't know why Seattle got rid of Matt.H until they at least till they got a decent replacement.
    Its kinda weird how we got Tarvaris. He pretty much came with the Offensive Coordinator from the Vikings. Hasslebeck... I wasn't a huge fan of him in his post super bowl seasons. Constantly getting hurt and such. Everybody expected us to pick up Jake Locker, and quite honestly I'm glad we didn't.

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/03/07/...-quarterbacks/

There is a blog about the situation. I really don't want to see us sign Manning keeping the theme of us having a young team that can develop. Though Carroll has definitely changed his tone about the QB situation since Paul Allen started putting pressure on him. After the season ended he was saying how Tarvaris will develop into a quality QB if given time and a solid O line. Paul Allen was like, I want to win now, not later. If we got somebody like Matt Flynn, it would make our offense very enjoyable to watch having a solid run game with Lynch and a good passing game. Our receivers are pretty good when you connect the ball to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    It will be interesting this year. If Seattle can get a decent O line to give Tarvaris some time to pass instead of having to chuck it after a snap or get sacked, I think at least 1/2 the NFC west will be pretty brutal this season. Cards also have a chance to become pretty good too.

Though with this, and the continuing rumors of Matt Flynn... Maybe Tarvaris wont start. Whitehurst is a FA this season. Personally as a Seattle fan, I don't want to see a Manning in a Seahawks jersey.

Also, Seattle released Marcus Trufant. Already rumors that hes gonna get scoop'ed up by NE.

As a minnesota vikings fan, I can tell you right now, TAVARIS JACKSON IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ANYTHING. He is literally no good. He may have 2-3 good games a year. The rest? he is TERRIBLE.

we had great O line when we had him, and the same O coordinator. Guess what? he was terrible!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    As a minnesota vikings fan, I can tell you right now, TAVARIS JACKSON IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ANYTHING. He is literally no good. He may have 2-3 good games a year. The rest? he is TERRIBLE.

we had great O line when we had him, and the same O coordinator. Guess what? he was terrible!
    Yeah I agree. I wouldn't put him in the terrible category, but I would definitely say he wasn't good.

I really want to see Seattle go for Flynn. Hes much younger and a quite the power house shadowing Aaron Rodgers. Tarvaris would be a great backup for him. I mean, him and Whitehurst are about equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Manning's been a free agent for one day and already 12 teams have contacted him about playing for their team according to Schefter lol. Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and five other teams at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    hum looks about like the list I posted earlier conscript minus Jets I don't see Payton and head coach getting along to well but that's my 2 coppers.

I'd like to see Cincy go after Peyton. Dalton's got a lot of potential, and I really think he could learn a lot from him. Just look at what watching Favre did for Rodgers. Discount double-check!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Manning's been a free agent for one day and already 12 teams have contacted him about playing for their team according to Schefter lol. Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and five other teams at least.
    I still say he goes to Miami. Thats the only way I'm really swayed right now.

Pretty much any team that has room to improve on the QB position will contact him. Its not everyday one of the top tier QBs gets released. It will be interesting to see how long and much he gets signed for. Coming from such an extensive injury and being out for a year and still (last I heard when the season ended) not being able to throw the ball right really puts him in a unique position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I'd like to see Cincy go after Peyton. Dalton's got a lot of potential, and I really think he could learn a lot from him. Just look at what watching Favre did for Rodgers. Discount double-check!
    He won't go to Cincy for sure they already have a QB and that Owner wouldn't spend money on another one he also usually doesn't go after big named free agents anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Here's my analysis, for what it's worth:

Seahawks -- Organization doesn't strike me as strong, recievers aren't the greatest, cap room is a little low to add "extras" for him, and defense is spotty. Location good, but the constant rain is truly awful. NFC, so probably not going to happen.

Chiefs -- Strong defense, good offensive weapons, plenty of cap room. Their history of spending balls-out could lead to drama, and recent coaching drama could be questionable. Current coaching situation great though. Location is decent.

Broncos -- Strong organization, and good coach who allows veteran QB's to run the offense. Plenty of cap room to add weapons. Defense is young but looking good. Location is excellent (Denver is considered one of the best cities in the US). Tebow factor could be a problem, because although Tebow himself wouldn't be a drama queen the fans might be.

Cardinal -- Good organization, drama-free environment. Decent offensive weapons, average defense. City isn't bad. NFC.

Dolphins -- Decent organization, good offensive weapons. Defense spotty at times, excellent other times. Coaching situation is alright. City is great.

Redskins -- Already said he wasn't interested.

Jets -- DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA yeah not happening

I think it's between the Dolphins, Chiefs and Broncos. Chiefs have the best offensive weapons for him at demand and highest cap room, but Denver has another QB legend in charge and Dolphins fans would worship Manning.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-03-09 at 12:27 AM.

He won't go to Cincy for sure they already have a QB and that Owner wouldn't spend money on another one he also usually doesn't go after big named free agents anyways.
    Believe me I know. Lifelong Bengals fan here /wrists

15+ Year Old Account
    hum looks about like the list I posted earlier conscript minus Jets I don't see Payton and head coach getting along to well but that's my 2 coppers.
    I think Manning and Ryan would get along great. The person to watch in that relationship would be Tony Sparano, a guy with about zero offensive play calling experience that Manning probably wouldn't be a big fan of taking orders from. Ryan is a players coach and for the most part every single one of his guys loves him. If the Jets would allow Manning to be the defacto offensive coordinator like he was in Indy the Jets could be absolutely great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

Cardinal -- Good organization, drama-free environment. Decent offensive weapons, average defense. City isn't bad. NFC.
    Manning to Fitzgerald sounds like a match made in football heaven.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha! Ya, that will never happen ever. I don't think Cinccy has EVER signed a top tier free agent. Their owner is a moron that everyone hates from the fans to the players. They never, ever, ever spend money. Their coaching staff is a joke. That franchise from the top down is laughable and Peyton wouldn't even give them the time of day when there are so many better options.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Here's my analysis, for what it's worth:

Seahawks -- Organization doesn't strike me as strong, recievers aren't the greatest, cap room is a little low to add "extras" for him, and defense is spotty. Location good, but the constant rain is truly awful. NFC, so probably not going to happen.

Chiefs -- Strong defense, good offensive weapons, plenty of cap room. Their history of spending balls-out could lead to drama, and recent coaching drama could be questionable. Current coaching situation great though. Location is decent.

Broncos -- Strong organization, and good coach who allows veteran QB's to run the offense. Plenty of cap room to add weapons. Defense is young but looking good. Location is excellent (Denver is considered one of the best cities in the US). Tebow factor could be a problem, because although Tebow himself wouldn't be a drama queen the fans might be.

Dolphins -- Decent organization, good offensive weapons. Defense spotty at times, excellent other times. Coaching situation is alright. City is great.

Redskins -- Already said he wasn't interested.

Jets -- DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA yeah not happening

I think it's between the Dolphins, Chiefs and Broncos. Chiefs have the best offensive weapons for him at demand and highest cap room, but Denver has another QB legend in charge and Dolphins fans would worship Manning.
    Seahawks- Agree. I just don't see that team as a fit for him at all.

Chiefs- They have the parts to be a very good team for sure. I don't know if Manning would want to go to a team that has such volatility in the front office though.

Broncos- Need a couple more pieces, but it would be a good fit.

Cardinals- Great fit, bad o-line, mediocre defense though.

Dolphins- Good fit, horrible division though which would severely hamper their ability to succeed.

Redskins- Meh. Terrible franchise, needs a RB and WRs and a couple pieces on defense

Jets- I don't buy the drama stuff preventing him from going to a team that gives him the best shot to win (not that the Jets necessarily do). Everyone in the world respects Manning on and off the field. You wouldn't have Holmes bitching about the team because Manning would never give him that opportunity. The Jets already make and probably win at least one Super Bowl under Ryan if they didn't have Sanchez at QB. They make the playoffs last year again without Sanchez. I don't know if LT is still there next season, but LT would be a absolutely ridiculous complementary back for Manning and Greene would finally deliver since teams will fear the pass. Holmes, Burress, and Keller are great targets not that that matters since Manning has made a career out of making mediocre players great.

The best fits and the best chance to win now teams are the Jets, 49ers, and Ravens not necessarily in that order. The Ravens seem set on Flacco or at least aren't being mentioned at all in the Manning talk. The 49ers would be unstoppable with Manning and a receiving threat or two. Imagine if they signed Vincent Jackson and Manning. Jackson, Crabtree, and Davis with Gore being phenomenal as a receiver out of the back field. They would be insane. They wouldn't have to compensate on offense for the shortcomings of Alex Smith, who played damn good last year. They are phenomenal on defense. They have the coaching staff solidified for the first time since Mariucci. Good weather, bad division. So good.

Other teams reportedly in the hunt:

Dallas- All rumors at this point, but seems like something Jerry would do. I like Romo. I have at times claimed that Romo is as good in his career as Tom Brady if you remove Brady's two ridiculous seasons and ignore his rings. Dallas needs a couple pieces on defense, but that team with Manning would be really good. Dome team, good running game, fantastic receiving squad.

Browns- Lol. Again, LOL.

Houston- I've heard this a whole hell of a lot lately from people, and I love it. That team would also be insane with Manning. They were already good with Schaub. That defense, that running game (or scheme if you think that the scheme is more responsible for Foster's success then Foster which a lot of people do except for the guy who writes checks), good receivers.

Arizona- Bad line, middle of the road defense, questionable running game, Larry Fitzgerald, plays the 49ers twice. With Manning they would be better, but I don't know if it makes them better than the 49ers.

Jacksonville- Lol. It would be a massive plus for the Jags ownership as more people would come to games, but that team is pretty awful. Manning is more likely to sign in Denver who will then cut Tebow who will sign with the Jags.

Tennessee-Could be a very good team with Manning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 49'ers would be the dream place for Payton to go for a number of reason's.
    1.Bad division they can just coast into the playoffs with Manning at helm.
    2.Weather yeah he won't be in a dome as much but the weather is awesome.
    3.O-Line there o-line is great.
    4.Defense 49'ers D was great last year and should be good again this coming up year.
    5.Coach Jim.H is a really good coach and I think he will have a ring or two before hes finished with the NFL.

The really only downside I can find is being on the west coast having to travel to the east coast for games usually west coast teams don't do to well traveling to the east coast.

Seattle- Carroll is a players coach, the seahawks would definitely give manning the reigns to rule the offense and the seahawks actually had a particularly staunch defense. *Notable wins: New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens. notable loses: Cleveland and Washington

Chiefs- *Crennel has a shaky history in big roles. *End of last season was a step in the opposite direction as the Chiefs cracked the packer code. *Kyle Orton has proven to be uninspiring after 3 teams. *Notable wins: Green Bay, Denver in week 17. *Noteable Losses: Detroit, Buffalo

Broncos- *If youre a tebow fan, how can you say no to an opportunity for the story of the season to be a little bit of Hall of Fame education. *Tough defense and great fighting spirit. *Notable wins: Pittsburgh, Chicago. *Notable losses: Buffalo, Detroit, New England.

Cardinals- *Team with super bowl history and exceptional tools on offense. *Fitzgerald and Manning would be an unforgettable combination. *Defense is young but improving and coach is creative. *Notable wins: San Francisco and Dallas. *Notable losses: Washington Minnesota

Dolphins- Capable receiver corps, motivation and Quarterback has been the Achilles' heel. *Dolphins need something to change their luck or begin looking for the quarterback of the future. *Notable wins: *Washington, Buffalo, Oakland. *Notable losses: Cleveland, New York Jets.

Redskins- Team in desperate need of stability and security. *History of bad signings and poor choices. *Beck and Grossman are for certain not the future. *Defense saves Redskins when offense cannot. *Manning makes mediocre players look great(Personally i would rather Manning not go here as its almost a death sentence). *Notable wins: New York Giantsx2 *Notable Losses: *Miami, Dallas

Jets: *Same division as new england, franchise with real issues. *Manning does not like drama and would likely want no part of it. *Tools to victory are there however. *Solid running and receiving corps and a tough rugged defense. *Where the franchise wants sanchez is the riddle *Notable wins:Washington, Dallas, Buffalo. *Notable losses: *Denver, New England, NYG.

Browns: *Seems like another death sentence. *McCoy is slowly being pushed away, defense shows up for steelers and ravens games and thats about it. *Unsure of Passing tools for manning.

Jacksonville- *checking out on their first round draft pick after a foolish removal of their last skilled QB doomed the jags last season. *Change of ownership may bring a change in the winds. *Manning would not be short in running game and a decent passing corps.

Titans- Hasselbeck is/was mentor in Tennessee, releasing him and signing manning may be in the stars. *
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."