10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    This is coming from a 9er fan:

I'm a little indecisive about this right now, I'm more curious as to how it would turn out than either being excited or worried. I have faith in J.Harbaugh as a coach, but then again this is Randy "The cancer" Moss. I'm just hoping ol' Jimmy has what it takes to keep this guy under control. If Alex and Randy form some kind of a chemistry in the field, I think our offense is a force to be reckoned with. All i'm really worried about when it comes to that is if A.Smith has the arm to keep up with Randy's speed.
    I think Randy's main problem is that he's a great guy to be around ... as long as he's getting his touches and enough people are patting him on the back. I definitely agree w/ the previous poster though that he's no where near as bad as T.O. His prima donna attitude can grate on you quick, but I'd like to think that the way his last year in the league went combined w/ the fact that no teams wanted him last season may have tamed that.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    I think Randy's main problem is that he's a great guy to be around ... as long as he's getting his touches and enough people are patting him on the back. I definitely agree w/ the previous poster though that he's no where near as bad as T.O. His prima donna attitude can grate on you quick, but I'd like to think that the way his last year in the league went combined w/ the fact that no teams wanted him last season may have tamed that.
    The food offered by the team also has to be good or he is going to go off on some hostess like he did in Minnesota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for the Bears to shine in free agency..

10+ Year Old Account
    T-minus 138 minutes until Free Agency officially starts.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 01:55 PM ----------

Colston staying with the Saints. 5 years, $40 Mil. with $20 Mil. guaranteed.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders have just cut a few big contracts to clear up some cap room, including Kevin Boss, Michael Bush and Wimbley is also apparently gone.

So chances are Oakland now is also looking for a new Tight End, and thus starts my ridiculous fantasy of Manning going to Denver, Tebow leaving and realising he's a crap QB but a great TE and joining Oakland. It'll never happen.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Raiders have just cut a few big contracts to clear up some cap room, including Kevin Boss, Michael Bush and Wimbley is also apparently gone.

So chances are Oakland now is also looking for a new Tight End, and thus starts my ridiculous fantasy of Manning going to Denver, Tebow leaving and realising he's a crap QB but a great TE and joining Oakland. It'll never happen.
    All expected cuts as far as I remember. Michael Bush is going to be a real, real enticing option for a lot of teams.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:13 PM ----------

T-minus 138 minutes until Free Agency officially starts.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 01:55 PM ----------

Colston staying with the Saints. 5 years, $40 Mil. with $20 Mil. guaranteed.
    Yay for days where Twitter serves its best purpose of getting you information as soon as deals happen. Trade deadlines, drafts, and free agencies are the best.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:01 PM ----------

The Bears acquire Brandon Freaking Marshall from Miami for two 3rd round picks (2012 and 2013). Congratulations Bears fans. You managed to get an elite receiver who has great chemistry with your QB for cheap as hell and now don't have to chase one in free agency. Your new GM already did more to improve your receiving core on the first day of the new league year then Jerry Angelo ever did as the GM.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-13 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Bears acquire Brandon Freaking Marshall from Miami for two 3rd round picks (2012 and 2013). Congratulations Bears fans. You managed to get an elite receiver who has great chemistry with your QB for cheap as hell and now don't have to chase one in free agency. Your new GM already did more to improve your receiving core on the first day of the new league year then Jerry Angelo ever did as the GM.
    Not sure I get this trade from Miami's perspective. Yeah, you cleared some cap room in hopes of bringing in Peyton, but you just traded away his #1 target to do it. Two 3rd round picks is pretty nice though and from what I understand, this years draft is kinda deep in WR talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    .The Bears acquire Brandon Freaking Marshall from Miami for two 3rd round picks (2012 and 2013). Congratulations Bears fans. You managed to get an elite receiver who has great chemistry with your QB for cheap as hell and now don't have to chase one in free agency. Your new GM already did more to improve your receiving core on the first day of the new league year then Jerry Angelo ever did as the GM.
    Rather confusing trade by Miami. Honestly, now Denver is my pick for the Manning sweepstakes.

Congrats to Chicago though, now your best WR... is actually a WR.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:46 PM ----------

Not sure I get this trade from Miami's perspective. Yeah, you cleared some cap room in hopes of bringing in Peyton, but you just traded away his #1 target to do it. Two 3rd round picks is pretty nice though and from what I understand, this years draft is kinda deep in WR talent.
    Justin Blackmon, the best WR in the draft, will more than likely go to STL; So Miami might as well trade down to get Michael Floyd.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-03-13 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    About time we got one. With the new gm I belive in a bright future. Tim jennings on a two year contract aswell. I'm even more excited to see what they pull more up from the hat. But really about time that wr came... The good part is he have already played with Cutty so that's good.
    tbh i don't know if it's cheap or eexpensive.. The drafting system have always confused me somewhat. And I'm talking about trading picks. As a dane for me picks would be good to have so you can build up a great team it's longterm but still, where this is well short termed? But I'm just optimistic with this deal, gonna be interesting to see what him and cutty can do.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-03-13 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pierre Garcon apparently has already signed. He's a Redskin (announced on his Twitter account).

Gonna be interesting to see who gets Williams and Jackson..

15+ Year Old Account
    Peyton to Miami is dead in the water if you take anything away from their meeting yesterday. I don't really get the trade either unless Miami thinks they aren't nearly as close to the playoffs as they appeared at times last year. Marshall was an elite weapon. Two third rounders are going to let you add some good pieces, but nothing of his caliber at least not right away. Unless Miami thinks they can still get Manning and plan to bring in Reggie Wayne and more pieces with him I don't really get this trade either. Have to agree with Irony though. Miami has to consider trading down for Floyd. They have to either target Flynn now or draft Tannehill in the first round. I don't see how this trade makes them better than if they had signed Flynn and drafter with Coples or Reiff to add to DE or RT respectively.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 05:02 PM ----------

Pierre Garcon apparently has already signed. He's a Redskin (announced on his Twitter account).
    Well, good luck Washington. I like Garçon (fancy c!), but he is a secondary receiver. He is the guy that plays across from a superstar. Unless the Redskins sign that superstar or Santana Moss ages about negative ten years, I don't think he will be nearly as impressive in Washington as he was in Indy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, good luck Washington. I like Garçon (fancy c!), but he is a secondary receiver. He is the guy that plays across from a superstar. Unless the Redskins sign that superstar or Santana Moss ages about negative ten years, I don't think he will be nearly as impressive in Washington as he was in Indy.
    Knowing the Skins they'll probably sign Owens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Knowing the Skins they'll probably sign Owens.
    If they didn't get hit with that cap penalty they could have throw a truck full of money at Vincent Jackson which I'm still not writing off.

Seems like Bucs will be closing the deal with Jackson:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/bucc...headline_stack

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    Seems like Bucs will be closing the deal with Jackson:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/bucc...headline_stack
    DUMB! What the fuck Jackson? Why go to an absolutely horrible team rather than a competitor? Enjoy your extra couple million.

Garçon's deal is reportedly 5 years $42.5 million, $21.5 million in guaranteed money. That ladies and gentlemen is $8.5 million per year. Anyone want to guess where Garçon's salary places on the pay scale for WRs?

FOURTH! FREAKING FOURTH! He is behind only Megatron making an inflated $14 million, Welker, Bowe, and DeSean Jackson's franchise tag of $9.943 million, and Brandon Marshall at $9.3 million.

Only Dan Snyder.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-13 at 09:39 PM.

Well, that's a shame about Jackson. I was expecting him to try to shop around for better teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is behind only Megatron making an inflated $14 million, Welker, Bowe, and DeSean Jackson's franchise tag of $9.943 million, and Brandon Marshall at $9.3 million.

Only Dan Snyder.
    Eeewwwwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Well, that's a shame about Jackson. I was expecting him to try to shop around for better teams.
    I actually expected him to sign w/ a team like this. He's made it pretty clear over the past few seasons that he was all about the money. He was dying to hit Free Agency and he was going to whoever was waving the biggest check; no matter how bad they are.

NFL.com Link

It looked like Mario Williams was headed to Chicago, but that apparently died with the B. Marshall trade. Looks like he may be headed to Buffalo now.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looked like Mario Williams was headed to Chicago, but that apparently died with the B. Marshall trade. Looks like he may be headed to Buffalo now.
    Good lord had he signed in Chicago. Being a QB in that division would be downright frightening. Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota already have great lines and Green Bay can rush you from all over with Woodson.

10+ Year Old Account

God I would kill for Williams to sign with us. Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Mario Williams with a healthy Merriman, could be fucking scary.