Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    I had it there. You should have kept reading. :P
    Aye I saw it then edited it out heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

The league said in a news release that the involvement of individual players in the program is still being reviewed, and that any discipline will be announced at a future time.
    Looks like there will be more suspensions to come. I'm assuming they're waiting for the NFLPA to finish their own independent investigation.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

bountygate just doesn't sound good from what i just read (i'm not really an NFL fan - it was mentioned on the ESPN spring training broadcast) but intentionally going out to hurt an opponent goes against everything sport means certainly to me, i can understand a bounty for getting hits on guys - but to go as far as offering a bonus for knocking the guy out the game, that's just sick.

And Tebow to the Jets gotta believe that means Rex Ryan's gonna be unbearable!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Shaun (?) Peyton suspended for the year without pay
    - Williams ( think that's the DC) suspended indefinitely
    - Saints lose 2nd round picks this year and next year

- Tebow traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

GM Mickey Loomis also suspended 8 games.
    Injuring players for $$ sucks. I completely agree with the suspensions. Hope the investigation continues. Now any player who got injured while
    playing the Saints will be getting a lawyer. What a fucking mess.

As far as Tebow going to the Jets. Well, i don't get it. But they like drama i guess.
    Operation Red Wing

Ohh a poll on ESPN about who should start for the Jets: Sanchez or Tebow!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId=135851

Tebow is in the lead.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best part is that Williams isn't even with the team anymore. I think he is (or WAS) the new DC for the Rams. I'd imagine this effectively ends his career in the NFL.
    I am glad the NFL hammered on this big time. That is an absolutely enormous penalty from the league. The Payton penalty is insane. Kind of a shame he got caught up in it, but that will teach coaches to be more aware of what is going on underneath them (assuming he didn't directly approve of the system which I would hope he didn't). I thoroughly approve of the Williams penalty. When you have a guy carrying this to multiple franchises, it is good to see the league step in and hopefully end it with authority. Two 2nd round picks is a pretty steep price to pay also.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 02:09 PM ----------

Love the Tebow trade to the Jets. I was personally rooting for the Pats to get him as they would find all kinds of uses for him, but the Jets situation will be interesting. Everyone already hates Sanchez. The new contract allows them to cut ties with him in two years if it isn't working out at no cost to the team if I remember correctly. In the mean time, Tebow gives you a legitimate weapon they can use in specialized situations. Doesn't make nearly as much sense as him going to the Jags or Dolphins though. Grats to the Jets on bringing in the great locker room unifier though.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-21 at 09:10 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Ohh a poll on ESPN about who should start for the Jets: Sanchez or Tebow!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId=135851

Tebow is in the lead.
    And so it begins! This will be on of the best off seasons ever.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    As far as Tebow going to the Jets. Well, i don't get it. But they like drama i guess.
    If they move him around the field; i.e., use him at TE, use him at RB, possibly in the slot on 3rd downs, maybe even the occasional wildcat formation once every 2 - 3 months ... then I think it's a good (potentially great) move.

If they sit him on the bench and actually expect him to be a QB if something happens to Sanchez, or even worse, bring him in and immediately start a "QB competition", then I think it's a terrible move.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    And Tebow to the Jets gotta believe that means Rex Ryan's gonna be unbearable!
    I really like Rex, so I'm hoping the complete and utter disaster that was their 2011 season has tamed him a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am glad the NFL hammered on this big time. That is an absolutely enormous penalty from the league. The Payton penalty is insane. Kind of a shame he got caught up in it, but that will teach coaches to be more aware of what is going on underneath them (assuming he didn't directly approve of the system which I would hope he didn't). I thoroughly approve of the Williams penalty. When you have a guy carrying this to multiple franchises, it is good to see the league step in and hopefully end it with authority. Two 2nd round picks is a pretty steep price to pay also.
    Remember, the Saints don't have a 1st round pick this year either.

I wonder if Grubbs is regretting not giving the Ravens a chance to counter-offer that deal. Also, if Brees was pissed about being Franchised before, I'd imagine he's livid now. His hopes for a new, long-term deal just got pushed back until Week 9 of next season. I'm just wondering who is going to be making important decisions about things like the Draft Deadline.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Holy Shit!

I knew they were going to come down hard but not that hard. It will be interesting to see what they with the players.

RGIII had his pro day today and it was televised on ESPN U. He is going to be awesome.

Love the suspensions. Needed to happen. Now they need to file charges against Greg Williams.

Tebow move is the single dumbest thing ever. Typical Jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    RGIII had his pro day today and it was televised on ESPN U. He is going to be awesome.
    Heard on the radio that he moved his workout from yesterday to today in hopes of getting more coverage/publicity ... oops.

The hypocritical penalties against the Saints are way out of line. It's way too harsh for a practice that has gone on league-wide. There's absolutely no way that the league could know the full intent of the players involved because the Players Association has not finished its investigation. They don't know the true intent of the players and the same type of behavior happens on other teams. The league better have penalties against other teams or else the playing field is not leveled. If the league doesn't level the playing field, I think you're going to see a lawsuit against the NFL by the fans of New Orleans because the playing field is not fair. You'll probably see a lawsuit by the season ticket holders. Spygate a few years back was real cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the penalty all tho I think it could have been two years, considering how insane thoughts it is. Anyway Tebow to Jets? I don't get it.. Tebow in NFL... what? Really? I mean really why? Why would anyone want a QB that is only a bit better than Hanie? Oh well as I said I feel sorry for the team that got him.. and I do really feel sorry for Jets.. seems like NYG is going to be THE team in NY untill Jets get a really QB and not a RB/QB... The bright side is that Jets now got a back up RB, and if they place Tebow on RB they still got a QB that actually know how to throw a football... Good luck Jets, you need it should Tebow start!
    Anyway still no knews on the Bears, a bit disapointing actually. After the Marshall trade I thought they would make another big move, but they really havn't. But Emery have still done it WAY better than JA..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Huckinsons View Post
    The hypocritical penalties against the Saints are way out of line. It's way too harsh for a practice that has gone on league-wide. There's absolutely no way that the league could know the full intent of the players involved because the Players Association has not finished its investigation. They don't know the true intent of the players and the same type of behavior happens on other teams. The league better have penalties against other teams or else the playing field is not leveled. If the league doesn't level the playing field, I think you're going to see a lawsuit against the NFL by the fans of New Orleans because the playing field is not fair. You'll probably see a lawsuit by the season ticket holders. Spygate a few years back was real cheating.
    This is certainly one side of the argument. That every team runs some type of bounty program. I think there's a difference between offering thousands of dollars to knock someone out and being in the locker room with the mindset of knocking a player out. Offering money to injure a player is not something the league wants. While there may be other teams that did it or still do it it's going to impossible to distribute additional punishment to other teams. It can be assumed that any team that runs a bounty program similar will end it today. It's like getting caught smoking marijuana - "everyone does it" but the police will never catch everyone. The NFL's investigation focused on the Saints and they got screwed. I have nothing against the Saints, they are certainly one of the teams in the NFL I have high respect for and enjoy watching. I don't think the punishment is unfair though.

Goodell is clearly setting a priority on player safety with law suites regarding concussions emerging and changing of some rules (35 yard line kick offs for example). He clearly showed today that he is not fucking around by issuing this type of punishment. I think a lot of people were expecting less but I am not surprised. Again though I think it's very unfortunate that this happened but I don't think the NFL could let this be remembered as not a big deal. They made sure teams know not to do this and I'm sure if anyone gets caught after this they will receive even harsher punishments.

As far as law suites from fans and season ticket holders I don't think there is any grounds for that. I am not a season ticket holder so I'm unsure about all the benefits but I'm pretty sure all that is promised is your seats and advanced purchasing rights for play off games and next season. Probably other stuff like parking but I doubt it says that you're promised that X person will coach and I doubt the amount of draft picks a team has is relevant. The playing field is not even for a reason that's what punishment is all about.
    Last edited by Serpenth; 2012-03-21 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, here's a wild shot in the dark. Suppose RG3 gets taken OVER Luck. Think it can happen? I mean, he's basically Cam Newton, without all the supposed money-taking, and we saw where Cam went and what he has done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, here's a wild shot in the dark. Suppose RG3 gets taken OVER Luck. Think it can happen? I mean, he's basically Cam Newton, without all the supposed money-taking, and we saw where Cam went and what he has done.
    I am a big RG3 supporter, but the Colts would be absolutely stupid to not draft Luck. The Colts have drafted both of the last two extremely premiere QB prospects in Manning and Elway. They immediately dealt Elway who went on to a Hall of Fame career and had tremendous success with Manning. They would be foolish to pass on the almost can't miss prospect and go with a guy that has similar upside but more potential downside. The Colts would be better served completely trading that first pick and bringing in three or four firsts, a second or two, and a couple mid-late round picks if they were going to consider RG3 seriously over Luck. I think they should honestly consider it anyways because that team is abysmal and could really use those pieces to build their team.

Cam is a much better running QB than RG3 and RG3 is arguably a better passer. RG3 certainly has the ability to run and can use it to compliment his game, but I don't think he can turn it into the absolute weapon Newton used it for last year.

But no, there is almost no chance in hell the Colts pass up Luck and take RG3. Then again, if you asked me a couple years ago could I envision a future in which the Colts cut Manning, Saturday, Clark, and Addai in the same season they lost Garcon, Tamme, etc. to free agency I would have said you must be insane to think they would blow everything up like that without getting a damn thing back for any of their talented players. Irsay dropped a massive ball last year, and this year so far. He had to know he was going to cut Manning when their season was headed south. Why not trade Freeney, Tamme, Wayne, Garcon, etc. the players that still had value to the team. Surely he could have brought in a couple draft picks for those types of guys rather than lose them for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I hope not. I'm a Redskins fan and I want RG3.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah damn a day I had to work later then normal so I'm at the tail end of the posting anyways guys they didn't throw the book at the Saints because of bounty gate they threw the books at the Saints because they tried to cover it up and lied about it. The coach probably wouldn't have gotten suspend or if he did he wouldn't have gotten many games if he would have came up front from the start of the investigation. As far as Tim Tebow goes Denver wants the Jets to give them 5 million dollars and the draft pick IDK why they did this all of the sudden but atm the trade isn't done yet. Now for the RG3 and Luck thing goes I see RG3 having a better freshmen year because for one he is going to go to a better team and 2 defenders are not going to know how what hes about till the 2nd time they see him. I think RG3 will have be better his first year or 2 then after that Luck will be a better overall QB and could be the next Payton,Rodgers,Brady.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-03-23 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That Saints stuff. I think they are using them as a scapegoat though in a way. Its definitely needed, though I don't think any team will even think of bounties now.

Tebow going to the Jets? Wow, hard for me to think of that when they signed Sanchez for so much. Oh well, more drama on a drama team.

Personally, I like RG3 better than Luck, but thats just me. I still say Colts pick up Luck though. Won't be surprised if they throw that curve ball.

Making the penalty for having too many men on the field a dead-ball foul. This stems from an incident that took place during the most recent Super Bowl. With the Giants defense illegally having 12 men on the field, the Patriots ran a play and wound up losing valuable time, although they gained five yards. The new proposal would immediately stop the play and make it a five-yard infraction.
    This would be a very good change. I thought that was a bit BS too. They are also talking about changing OT in season games to match OT in postseason. Meh. I still think NCAA OT > NFL OT.