15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, it is a pass-happy, offense-heavy league nowadays. I don't think the Pats are going to be as good as people think though. Maybe it's just my hopes. I like to see the underdogs do well, and the Pats have been at the top long enough.
    Their schedule is SOOO easy though lol. It is almost impossible for them not to win 11-12 games unless Brady gets hurt and even then they end up with 8 wins.

-Their division is awful. The Dolphins are a rudderless ship with a new coach, an overrated rookie QB taken because they had to take one, and no talent to speak of at the skill positions. They literally gave away their best receiver. The Jets have a "red zone QB" with Tebow. Having a QB platoon just screams winner lol. The Bills have made some great additions everywhere but receiver (although they retained Johnson) and are the only threat at all to the Pats.
    -They play the NFC West. Arizona doesn't know who their QB is between they overpaid Kolb and John freaking Skelton. Seattle could be good or could be awful depending on how their QBs work out (personally pulling for the kid from Wisconsin). The 49ers should be just great as long as Alex Smith from last year is there which he should be now that he has a repeat Offensive Coordinator for potentially the first time in his career. St Louis is a joke.
    -They play the AFC South. The AFC South is fucking bad. Just bad. The Colts are bad. The Jags are still starting Blaine Gabbert who is essentially the more hyped, and probably less skilled, version of Ryan Tannehill from last years draft. He looked bad every time he touched the field last year. The Texans should be good/great. The Titans are probably going to juggle QBs this season plus Kenny Brit got arrested again so they are probably receiver-less.
    - Their two other opponents are Baltimore (great) and Denver (TBD).

In the end they play maybe 4 teams that actually are good/great teams who have any sort of idea what their team will look like: The Ravens, the 49ers, the Texans, and Denver. Throw the Bills on there and you are at six games against solid teams with an established identity (assuming Peyton is healthy). Of those 6 games, they play TWO on the road, Baltimore and obviously the Bills. They get the 49ers, Texans, and Broncos all in Foxboro. That's it. At worst they split with the Jets and Bills. They sweep Miami. They play their hardest games of the season in Weeks 3(@Bal), 5(vs Den), 14(vs Hou) and 15(vs 49ers). I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go 7-0 between then with a bunch of lolcake games against the Rams, Colts, Bills, Jetsx2 (which should be right in the heart of Tebowmania taking hold), Hawks, and Dolphins.

A "bad" Pats team could pull 10 wins out of this schedule in a year with a healthy Brady. I don't see any way at all their offense doesn't pull out at least 12 wins against that schedule. Another great thing, they play one team (ONE) that could be considered an elite passing team, the Texans and even they are run first. If Manning is top notch, that is two but they are the really only pass first team New England plays during the entire regular season.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-25 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    G-Men baby! All day, every day! September can not come fast enough.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Seattle could be good or could be awful depending on how their QBs work out (personally pulling for the kid from Wisconsin).
    I have the same thoughts as well. O line and receivers also need to stay healthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I have the same thoughts as well. O line and receivers also need to stay healthy.
    I am a total TJax defender, but I love Wilson's upside. He was downright phenomenal last year at Wisconsin after being pretty good at NC State. He can use his feet effectively, but is absolutely a pass first, pass second, run third type of guy. Wisconsin is ridiculously pass averse in a ridiculously pass averse conference and he managed to put up 3,200 yards on 309 attempts with 33 TDs on 73% completion rate for a 192 rating. RG3 put up almost exactly the same numbers. He had 4,200 yards on 400+ attempts, 37 TDs, 72.4% completion, and a 189.5 rating. Wilson was just as good as the runaway Heisman winner. If he throws the same number of attempts as RG3 he blows his stats out of the water. Wilson slid because of his height, essentially the exact same physical build as Drew Brees, but for my money he was undoubtedly the third best QB in last years draft just behind RG3 and Luck. Stealing him in the third round is going to prove a huge win. IIRC, they had already acquired Flynn before Wilson fell in their laps or frankly I don't think they do that deal.

Plus I think Carroll is too good of a coach for the Seahawks to not break through to the playoffs soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you would of asked me 1/2 way through last season I would of given TJax a lot of the benefit of the doubt. Playing through his pectoral tear with an O line that was plagued by injuries at the start of the season, which is really the reason why we lost to Washington.

I like Wilson, and I don't think people should be so sure it'll end up being a shoot off between TJax and Flynn. I think hes an inch shorter than Brees and has great stats. We did get Flynn before the draft... which I still find kinda funny because he visited Seattle, went to Miami, then a day after visiting Miami he signed with Seattle.

I really like Pete a lot, especially coming after the train wreck of a season with Jim Morra.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So the statistically better team should have a higher chance of winning, always? What's the point of the playoffs then, to see if there's a little team that could?
    Yes, seeing as that's how it was likely intended to be. The advantage the best ranked team generally gets is to play at home against the lowest ranked team... in just about every sport. It's like arguing that the 1st and 2nd place teams shouldn't necessarily get free passes while the 3rd and 4th place teams deal with the wild card round because it gives the better team a better chance to win that (in your mind) they shouldn't really need. Any team could beat any opponent on the right night, the advantage the team with the better record in the season should be to play against the team that's (statistically) easier to beat. Personally, I'd rather the better team in the first two rounds be able to choose which of the two teams available that they would play against.

Looking like Wallace won't be playing much this year.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-07-25 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their schedule is SOOO easy though lol. It is almost impossible for them not to win 11-12 games unless Brady gets hurt and even then they end up with 8 wins.

-Their division is awful. The Dolphins are a rudderless ship with a new coach, an overrated rookie QB taken because they had to take one, and no talent to speak of at the skill positions. They literally gave away their best receiver. The Jets have a "red zone QB" with Tebow. Having a QB platoon just screams winner lol. The Bills have made some great additions everywhere but receiver (although they retained Johnson) and are the only threat at all to the Pats.
    And we/I are thankful for that!
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So the statistically better team should have a higher chance of winning, always? What's the point of the playoffs then, to see if there's a little team that could?
    To see who the real best team is. They don't put the best teams in a bad position to lose early on because ideally the two #1 seeds make it to the superbowl. Also gives the big teams more chances to play at home = more revenue for the NFL. However, the 8-8 wildcard seeds often do well - see the packers 2 years ago and the giants last year.

Teams with the best records shouldnt be subject to playing the hardest games early on in the playoffs. They played well all season and if you are better than every other team, I see no problem with playing a low seeded team or getting a bye in the first round.

GO BROWNS!
    Last edited by cherb; 2012-07-26 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joseph Addai is out of New England. Passing league or not, who do they have left to carry the load?

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 06:30 PM ----------

Also, what is the deal with people in Washington not calling Griffin "RG3". "He hasn't earned it". What the fuck? It's a nickname. It's not "Grand ass-kicker Robby", it's a goddamn abbreviation of his name and number.

15+ Year Old Account
    Joseph Addai is out of New England. Passing league or not, who do they have left to carry the load?

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 06:30 PM ----------

Also, what is the deal with people in Washington not calling Griffin "RG3". "He hasn't earned it". What the fuck? It's a nickname. It's not "Grand ass-kicker Robby", it's a goddamn abbreviation of his name and number.
    Addai failed his physical which is why he was released afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addai failed his physical which is why he was released afaik.
    "Gave up halfway through his conditioning" I think is what I heard em say, so yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Gave up halfway through his conditioning" I think is what I heard em say, so yeah.
    Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off at that.

Okay back, WTF Joe Addai!

If only Lebron wouldve played for the Wizards

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what is the deal with people in Washington not calling Griffin "RG3". "He hasn't earned it". What the fuck? It's a nickname. It's not "Ochocinco", it's a goddamn abbreviation of his name and number.
    Fixed.

Whats his name on his jersey? Griffin III?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed.

Probably. And I like your fix. But again, at least "ochocinco" isn't any kind of name that suggests his arrogance at his skill. "King James" is a name that needs proving. RG3 is a name that is easily understood, and because "Griffin" is a rather common last name.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. And I like your fix. But again, at least "ochocinco" isn't any kind of name that suggests his arrogance at his skill. "King James" is a name that needs proving. RG3 is a name that is easily understood, and because "Griffin" is a rather common last name.
    you just made me wish every player on the Redskins was named Griffin, that'd be hilarious: "Griffin snaps the ball to Griffin, nice block there by Griffin, Griffin steps into the pocket and fires a laser to Griffin, TOUCHDOWN!!!"
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

It stands for THREE TIMES AS GOOD AS GRIFFIN right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, this is the first time the NFL is allowing roman numerals to be allowed on the jerseys. And if I heard correctly RGIII was gonna sign on with Adias because their logo has the three vertical lines, and the III could easily be transformed into the logo for commercials.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Actually, this is the first time the NFL is allowing roman numerals to be allowed on the jerseys. And if I heard correctly RGIII was gonna sign on with Adias because their logo has the three vertical lines, and the III could easily be transformed into the logo for commercials.
    He definately signed with Adidas, his damn commercials are on constantly. That is absolutely amazing synergy with his name and their logo though. That is just fantastic marketing right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    I don't know what to think of the trade really.
    At first eye getting a 2th rounder for a 7th pick is really good, but on the other hand he had some injuries and a family tragedy. Then on the top he just punch a team mate. Mmmm
    This can goes from being a huge "steal" to a huge burst.
    Seems like this kid was described as a huge talnet back when they drafted him, so hopefully he'll turn out good.
    I think that if he shows what he is cable of, and get's his mind stabil I think that on the long run he might get a starting postion, it might sound like wish thinking but you never know. He had a pretty decent year last season, and if he can improve that I welcome him with warm arms.
    What do you guys think of the deal/him?
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.