10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    There was a rumor Dallas was going to pick him up which they denied. Right now he is just losing his last endorsements and waiting for someone in the NFL, CFL, etc. to call lol.
    I stand by my money on the Jets. I think he would fit in perfectly.

On a serious note... hes not worth it to any team unless they pick him up for a 1 year hardly any money deal. You know Goodell isn't going to go easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So one solid stomach hit and Witten's spleen is going to explode this season? Also you totally Fareed Zakaria's me with that Best line. You even quoted my post about that like thirty minutes before. I am so offended right now sir.
    Haha, nice. I think I was blinded by the Witten news.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched Hard Knocks. Man, this show is seriously the best. If any NFL fan didn't already have HBO for Game of Thrones they should seriously get it just for the month or two or Hard Knocks. Watching Philbin sit down with Johnson and break it to him that they were releasing him was brutal. And we aren't even at the major roster cutdowns yet which are just the best. HBO needs to do this for an entire season and not just preseason.

I'm reading through a thread about the NFL and I see ponies everywhere. Sometimes things just don't make sense.

So one solid stomach hit and Witten's spleen is going to explode this season? Also you totally Fareed Zakaria's me with that Best line. You even quoted my post about that like thirty minutes before. I am so offended right now sir.
    Apparently it's a laceration on his spleen. They said that if it doesn't heal correctly after awhile they'll do surgery. I don't think we're going to have any celebrity deathmatch action going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I question the intelligence of these people: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8470--nfl.html

TLDR: Vikings camp: touch Adrian Peterson and you're fired.

You know, or he could just not practice with people, instead of just giving a retarded warning to the entire team. I guess it isn't a team sport after all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You know, or he could just not practice with people, instead of just giving a retarded warning to the entire team. I guess it isn't a team sport after all...
    Lol. We are what three weeks now from the regular season and AD can't even by lightly contacted in practice? In what universe is starting him in week 1 a good idea?

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:19 PM ----------

I really wish NFLN was showing the Green Bay game. I fucking hate Atlanta and Cinncy.

Also, BAH at Seattle and Denver not being on TV Saturday and instead airing the Cowboys and Chargers. If the Boys play anything like last week just fucking kill me now.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-17 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that "facemask"

I really wish NFLN was showing the Green Bay game. I fucking hate Atlanta and Cinncy.

Also, BAH at Seattle and Denver not being on TV Saturday and instead airing the Cowboys and Chargers. If the Boys play anything like last week just fucking kill me now.
    Yup same. This game is boring. Don't care about either team.

That Denver Seattle game is going to be really interesting. Time to see how Denver plays against some defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the starters still playing in the second quarter? Dalton to AJ Green, past Asante Samuel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL locked out the regular refs. The deal between the refs and the NFL expired after last season and they are still unable to come to terms. The refs want the NFL to hire additional crews in order to allow them to have bye weeks and be able to sub in guys from the extra crews to fill in for refs deemed unsatisfactory. I'm sure they want higher pay, more money etc. also. So the NFL is dragging its heels and brought in replacement refs until the deal is in place.

I can not wait to get home tonight and watch Hard Knocks. Apparently Philbin released Johnson on camera and it was supposed to be awesome.
    Exact opposite really. The problem is that the owners (which means the league) wanted to cut their pay. Of course the refs said hell no, so that results in the owners deciding to bring in replacement refs that couldn't cut it in D1. Brilliant decision, because I'm sure they'll save so much money by letting these NCAA rejects screw up games and piss off the fans instead of keeping the regular refs' salaries at their current level.
    Last edited by Finangus; 2012-08-17 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brandon Weeden is apparently Cleveland's starter. Doesn't look too impressive so far. Seems like he's afraid to throw downfield.

Graham Harrell is Aaron Rodgers' backup. I haven't heard that name in awhile. He was kind of a big deal in college, but hasn't done squat since he's been in the league.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:22 PM ----------

Commentators are so damn stupid. Harrell throws a good pass, under pressure, that was picked off because the tight end fell down. So, naturally, they start talking about how Harrell could be dropped, because back up QB's are really important. And oh look, Colt McCoy might be looking for a job. You know, because he made a good pass. He obviously can't handle it. Don't mention his good mobility, or the fact the interception WASN'T HIS FAULT, talk about how fragile his job is. I can't believe these people get paid for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Exact opposite really. The problem is that the owners (which means the league) wanted to cut their pay. Of course the refs said hell no, so that results in the owners deciding to bring in replacement refs that couldn't cut it in D1. Brilliant decision, because I'm sure they'll save so much money by letting these NCAA rejects screw up games and piss off the fans instead of keeping the regular refs' salaries at their current level.
    Ya I didn't actually look that up and went from memory. If the NFL really wanted to cut their salaries LOL. The NFL has record revenue, is making billions of dollars, and is completely willing to fuck with the quality of their game for $10-20 million, if I am remembering the estimated figure correctly from a story I read at work and can't find again.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend linked me a Seahawks blog and found this gem -

Terrell Owens is still Terrell Owens
    Wilson dropped back to pass in 7v7 drills and did not see an open receiver (see above). He dumped the ball off to Robert Turbin. Owens was running an out route on the play and was headed in a straight line directly at me. When the pass went to Turbin, Owens grimaced and said something to the effect of, "C'mon man!" As a bit of context, I have seen roughly 500-700 pass attempts through training camp, and had not seen a single obvious demonstration of receiver frustration at their quarterback until that moment. Wilson went to Owens on the next play, who was not open, and overthrew him. Maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe it was Wilson trying to placate his receiver. This is part of Owens downside. Do not let yourself believe he is some changed person. He is a talented player, and a troubled person. I continue to think this team is better off without him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats got Jeff Demps, or more like, he chose the Pats. I didn't realize he competed in the Olympics, though I knew he was a track star in college. Seems out of place, and kind of a waste of talent if all he's ever gonna do is sit back and return kicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats got Jeff Demps, or more like, he chose the Pats. I didn't realize he competed in the Olympics, though I knew he was a track star in college. Seems out of place, and kind of a waste of talent if all he's ever gonna do is sit back and return kicks.
    Is that the guy that NFL.com was saying Tebow could "get" for the Jets?

Having a dedicated punt returner isn't bad really. Its probably what will happen with Leon Washington with the occasional RB action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Is that the guy that NFL.com was saying Tebow could "get" for the Jets?
    Possibly. The Jets was one of his other choices, so he could have played with his former QB.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG seriously? Sweet christ do the Pats need MORE potential weapons? If their defense is even somewhat not awful they are going to be absurd this year. You know with Belicheck that he is going to see time in the backfield and end up being a huge weapon. Look at Woodhead, they picked him up expecting him to be only a special teams guy and now he is essentially one of their feature backs.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 08:21 PM ----------

LOL at it taking three minutes for the replacement refs in the Lions game to screw up the markers and the clock.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-18 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well least Ravens - Lions are playing this game like its NFL.

The refs... not so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Lions special teams coach is not going to be happy about that return even if it comes back. 4-5 Lions tried to ballhawk rather than tackle the guy.

Blount got his knee blown up for the Bucs. Good thing they used a first round pick on an RB this year.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-18 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they're saying groin injury which is not so bad, maybe I can still sneakily draft Martin around the 10th round...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they're saying groin injury which is not so bad, maybe I can still sneakily draft Martin around the 10th round...
    Wow if he only ends up with a groin injury from that hit, grats to him. He got his leg smashed by that DB. Also, lol the Bucs had 38 yards passing last night.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-18 at 12:19 PM.