10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They said x-rays were negative. So yeah. Least its not a break or fracture.
    You already said it though, glass cannon. He got a Hammer of Justice, just waiting to be finished off.

Tannehill set to start week 1 for Miami, Locker set to start week 1 for the Titans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    call me optimistic but that injury didnt look that bad, id expect him to be fine for week 1 possibly even next weeks preseason game
    He might see time in the 4th game, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was done for the preseason. Next week they play Cleveland who they won't show anything too since they play them week 1. 4th week is usually all backups and rest for the first teamers. Makes you appreciate a good LT though man. First play without their starting LT and the defensive lineman comes busting through, he avoids him and runs smack into the other lineman who blew past the other tackle. Just brutal. Its a shame he is so brittle because I freaking love Mike Vick. The NFL is more exciting with him on the field.

Its week two of the PRESEASON and I am already done with Monday Night Football. I can't take one more minute of John Gruden. All he does every single game is suck everyone's dick. This guy is great. Man this guy is going to be impressive. This guy couldn't touch the field at his middle tier D1 school, but look out for him he has talent. This guy, man he was fast at the combine. Its either mute or just not on lol. I have never appreciated Jaws more. At least he took time away from Gruden constant rambling

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaws sucks as well. When MNF moved over to ESPN I /facepalmed because I knew it was going to be some terrible announcing.

as much as I sometimes enjoy PTI, MNF is a lot better now than it was with Tony Kornheiser. And oh god those 3 guys they used to have back when it was Sunday Night Football on ESPN instead of Monday Night. Idk any of their names but they seriously made me want to mute the TV every time. I think most of them do college football now
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-08-21 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't be worse than John Madden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Can't be worse than John Madden.
    How dare you insinuate Madden wasn't the best.

as much as I sometimes enjoy PTI, MNF is a lot better now than it was with Tony Kornheiser. And oh god those 3 guys they used to have back when it was Sunday Night Football on ESPN instead of Monday Night. Idk any of their names but they seriously made me want to mute the TV every time. I think most of them do college football now
    I think the last group they had there was Tirico, Theisman, and Sterling Sharpe. And yes it was awful.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-21 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I've never heard a commentator that I didn't laugh at at least once or twice. They all say some stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    How dare you insinuate Madden wasn't the best.
    "Here's a guy, when he puts his contact in, he can see better"

And Jibjabb I like Kornheiser too, but I've never heard him call a game. Can't be as bad as the stint Denis Miller did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "Here's a guy, when he puts his contact in, he can see better"
    You forgot the gratuitous "Boom" in there as in "Here's a guy, when he puts his contacts in, BOOM he can see better" followed by indiscernible mixes of laughing and words.

The best.

And Kornheiser was awful, probably even worse than Miller who was real bad. Kornheiser is a great studio talk host, a great radio guy, etc. but he was totally out of his element in the booth. His only role was to try and interject jokes in between the play by play and the color. It was downright awful.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-21 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed watching an old football game replayed on espn classic that was announced by Vin Scully. I think he was still telling the life story of the kick returner 3 plays after the kickoff. It was awesome, but the pace of football doesn't totally suit Vinny.

At this point I'm just happy to see a sporting event that doesn't have Joe Buck announcing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Chris Collinsworth is probably the best I can think of at the moment. He knows his shit, isn't annoying as hell, & is articulate enough.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Saweet, the Seachickens are going to start Russell Wilson this weekend in their dress rehersal game. If he impresses against the 1st team defense for KC he could very well end up as the starter going into week one. He has looked freaking great this preseason whereas Flynn has looked good but led the Seahawks on zero scoring drives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Saweet, the Seachickens are going to start Russell Wilson this weekend in their dress rehersal game. If he impresses against the 1st team defense for KC he could very well end up as the starter going into week one. He has looked freaking great this preseason whereas Flynn has looked good but led the Seahawks on zero scoring drives.
    Wait, really?

Shit. That actually surprises me. Not in a bad way though. Hopefully Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin start too.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see R.Wilson start against starters to see how he does. I'm not saying I'm not impressed (I am) I would just like to see him go against starters to see how he does against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I think Chris Collinsworth is probably the best I can think of at the moment. He knows his shit, isn't annoying as hell, & is articulate enough.
    Hes good. I also really like the Aikman/Buck crew on Fox. Brian Billick is another one of my preferred people Im always happy when he gets the Bears games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hes good. I also really like the Aikman/Buck crew on Fox. Brian Billick is another one of my preferred people Im always happy when he gets the Bears games.
    Aikman is okay, but Buck is a soulless automaton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Aikman would be good if he didn't have such a soul crushingly dull broadcast partner, about the only thing that gets a reaction out of him is pantomime mooning

super bowl predictions?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:24 AM ----------

huge pats fan tom brady is jesus

15+ Year Old Account
    My fantasy team is either going to dominate or bust so hard. Brady, AD, Charles were my top 3 picks. Two guys who are first round talent dropping because of injury concerns is either going to be awesome or just awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle is starting Rice also this Friday. Good. Gives Russel another tool for ball throwing.

Is anyone else noticing that nfl.com is becoming just one giant content dump? Christ, it looks like a freshmen web design student slammed their face all over the keyboard and said, "it's done boss!". I seriously hope they streamline something, because the front page is taking longer to load every week.