10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Mallet isn't going anywhere. I truly believe the Patriots think he's a successor to Brady, uch like GB held onto Rodgers for so long with Farve still there.
    Works for me. I just think he's better than a backup and probably deserves a start somewhere.

On the topic of commentators, I like Aikman and Buck, and the guys on NBC. They don't typically say completely dumbass things like, "that guy is a football player". I used to watch college football every weekend at my friend's house, and it's scary how often we would say something, and then the commentators would say the exact same thing. If we can do it, surely they can do it better.

Even though it's still the preseason, I'm still pretty happy with the way Denver's starters look. One touchdown total given up, met with (overall, at least) great offensive play. Looking forward to this season, even if the schedule looks insanely difficult.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Even though it's still the preseason, I'm still pretty happy with the way Denver's starters look. One touchdown total given up, met with (overall, at least) great offensive play. Looking forward to this season, even if the schedule looks insanely difficult.
    Broncos conference is pretty meh thou I'm not saying its a bad conference but its not a good one either so at least you have those 6 games that are decent. I haven't looked at Denver's out of conference schedule yet so I can't comment on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Manning put up 17 in the first quarter against San Francisco. If he continues being him, Denver is gonna be scary.

As will Carolina, if their defense is any good. Can Newton is something special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Broncos conference is pretty meh thou I'm not saying its a bad conference but its not a good one either so at least you have those 6 games that are decent. I haven't looked at Denver's out of conference schedule yet so I can't comment on that.
    It's a bad conference.

And we're about the best competition in it.

It's a terrible conference.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    It's not too pretty.

- Hosting Pittsburg
    - At Atlanta
    - Hosting Houston
    - Hosting Oakland
    - At NE
    - Hosting NO
    - At Cinci

First 7 games. After that it's not too bad, sans a game in Baltimore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's a bad conference.

And we're about the best competition in it.

It's a terrible conference.
    I didn't just want to go out and say it was terrible Chiefs are always hard to predict and same with the thunderbolts. Raiders are well the Raiders if McFadden stays healthy he is the best RB in the conference.

Speaking of my Ex Razorback players did you all see Joe Adams punt return I know it wasn't a touchdown but it shows he can punt return in the NFL.

If he didn't trip over his own blocker he might have went all the way.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-08-27 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Chiefs have absolutely no consistency, one week they're awful, the next they beat Green Bay.

The Chargers seem to fear success, they start getting a win streak together and panic then consequently bottle it.

Honestly unless some miracle has happened in Oakland, Denver should take the AFC West this year, and it hurts to say that.

Honestly unless some miracle has happened in Oakland, Denver should take the AFC West this year, and it hurts to say that.

But yeah, I'm actually worried about the Chiefs. They may be inconsistent, but they could absolutely spoil a season for someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Die in a fire.

And it's your turn to get a season ruined, they upended ours last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russell Wilson was named starter for Seattle.

TJack traded to buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

TJack traded to buffalo.
    I dont really see him doing that great in the regular season against good defenses but at least he has the privledge of playing Arizona and St Louis twice.

On a somewhat related topic what ethnicity is he? Is he just pure black or mixed or what? Its kind of hard to tell by looking at him and I wasnt able to find it online.

15+ Year Old Account

TJack traded to buffalo.
    I was pretty happy to see that this morning. Poor Matt Flynn. Gets a huge contract based off of literally a one game performance and he can't even lock down the starter job over a third round rookie. I honestly think Wilson is going to be the best of the bunch for rookie QBs this year. He might not end up with the stats of Luck, but in terms of wins and impact I think he will be phenomenal. Luck is going to put up great stats just because the Colts have about no other option but to throw since their RBs are incredibly meh. The Seahawks ave all the pieces to have a dynamic offense. Their QB can throw deep, short, intermediate, on the run, etc. His height concerns are totally over played considering he has FOUR tipped passes in the Big 10 last year and thats with teams stacking at the line to stop Monty Ball. They have a great pair of backs with Lynch and Turbin. Their WRs have potential. Their defense is damn good.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Or a somewhat related topic what ethnicity is he? Is he just pure black or mixed or what? Its kind of hard to tell by looking at him and I wasnt able to find it online.
    Both his parents are black. His mother owns a nursing consulting company (picture on website) and his dad was a lawyer (picture in obituary)

As a browns fan I never wanted weeden and seeing that all it takes is a blitz or a good pass rush to get himI'm so angry. He's gonna have to deal with the same shit McCoy had last year And dOES not have the ability to scramble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was pretty happy to see that this morning. Poor Matt Flynn. Gets a huge contract based off of literally a one game performance and he can't even lock down the starter job over a third round rookie. I honestly think Wilson is going to be the best of the bunch for rookie QBs this year. He might not end up with the stats of Luck, but in terms of wins and impact I think he will be phenomenal. Luck is going to put up great stats just because the Colts have about no other option but to throw since their RBs are incredibly meh. The Seahawks ave all the pieces to have a dynamic offense. Their QB can throw deep, short, intermediate, on the run, etc. His height concerns are totally over played considering he has FOUR tipped passes in the Big 10 last year and thats with teams stacking at the line to stop Monty Ball. They have a great pair of backs with Lynch and Turbin. Their WRs have potential. Their defense is damn good.
    Yeah I kinda felt bad for Flynn, but I was reading some tweets and people were saying having Flynn / Russell is only 2 million more than Whitehurst / Tjack last year. Flynn is still better than a lot of starters out there IMO. So we shouldn't have a huge issue in getting something for him next season.

Rumor is that Braylon Edwards and Sidney Rice are starting WR's with Doug Baldwin at slot. I like that matchup a lot as long as Rice stays healthy.

Still have a lot of catching up to do, I was gone yesterday. Apparently Josh Brown is a FA after getting turned away from the Jets. I wonder why the rams got rid of him? Hes a really good kicker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rumor is that Braylon Edwards and Sidney Rice are starting WR's with Doug Baldwin at slot. I like that matchup a lot as long as Rice stays healthy.
    And as long as Braylon can hang on to the damn ball. No idea what his deal is. He was freaking money in college. Henne could throw the ball up anywhere and Braylon would catch it. Then he comes into the pros and turns into stonehands.

Ya its cut day so there should be plenty of recognizable names floating around today and Thursday/Friday when teams cut to 53. The Panthers cut Mare and Nick Harris, both decent special teamers. Donte Stallworth, aka that guy who got 24 days in jail after killing someone while drunk driving who wasn't in a crosswalk (which his lawyers could have used to get him off completely but Stallworth opted for the jail, community service, and monetary penalties), got released in New England. Myron Rolle got released by the Steelers. He isn't completely terrible. I'd love the Lions consider him for some safety depth.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-27 at 08:18 PM.

The Chiefs have absolutely no consistency, one week they're awful, the next they beat Green Bay.

The Chargers seem to fear success, they start getting a win streak together and panic then consequently bottle it.

Lol I know the Chiefs are all over the place, and yeah I have to say it but Denver should take it with ease now if Manning can play anywhere to as close as he did before

10+ Year Old Account
    Dez Bryant is basically under house arrest. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If it keeps him out of trouble, great, but Dallas should have known he was going to be a problem in the first place. And it's not like the Cowboys are super deep in wide receivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Dez Bryant is basically under house arrest. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If it keeps him out of trouble, great, but Dallas should have known he was going to be a problem in the first place. And it's not like the Cowboys are super deep in wide receivers.
    You shouldn't have to baby somebody. Other teams have taken in problem players and turned them around without having to hire rotating security.

But hey, its coming out of his check allegedly. So I don't see the reason to overlook it.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones later said that he was "too pissed" to talk with Bryant after the receiver's arrest.
    This guy constantly cracks me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That dood is not just under house arrest he has security that has to follow him around that makes sure he wipes his ass right. I would do everything I could to get rid of that plague no matter what I had to do or lose out on his talent isn't worth the headache.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-08-27 at 11:51 PM.