So after 2 weeks of watching the ST. Louis Rams, im beginning to wonder if theres been a general undervaluing of the talent on that team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    So after 2 weeks of watching the ST. Louis Rams, im beginning to wonder if theres been a general undervaluing of the talent on that team.
    They've been crap for so long that I don't feel it's unjust to have them actually prove they ae decent before we believe it. They've always had enough talent to be passable, but it just neve came together I suppose. I mean a guy like Chris Long has been there for a few years now, as has Bradford and Amendola.

Seemingly Jeff Fisher can get them to do what no other coach as of yet had. I must admit my opnion of Jeff has gone up rather a lot these 2 weeks, cause I thought he´d had actually held the Titans back. Now I think the Titans might have actually been a better team when he was still running the show there. Meh, or maybe it´s like a guy needing to break free from a long marriage gone bad. Sometimes that new found freedom (and responsibility!) can inspire a guy to really focus and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I heard "Escape" by Hoobastank going to one of the commercial breaks. Wonder if there's a way to confirm that.

God I hope not. Why don't these major stations get all those out-of-work music majors to actually select some decent music?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Week 2 highlight
    http://www.footballdb.com/scores.htm...&type=reg&wk=2

SNF NBC
    Lions 19 - 49er 27 in the 4th Qt " final "

MNF ESPN
    Broncos vs Falcon kickoff at 8.30pm GEORGIA DOME

Week 3 Highlight
    http://www.footballdb.com/scores.htm...&type=reg&wk=3
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-09-17 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Some notes on players -

Golden Tate: Played a great game today. Perhaps better than Braylon has?

Bruce Irvin: First sack, well .5, but still. He got some good pass rush and forced some bad decisions on Romo. Good game for him.

Russell Okung: DNP

Brandon Browner: No penalties and an interception. Great work.
    Man, it feels like the team did a 360 today. After seeing Arizona give the Patriots a difficult time I feel less bad about losing to them I suppose.

I was surprised to see J.R. Sweezy back at RT after a few possessions. He had a much better game though. Our O line was fantastic compared to last week.

I felt like defense could stiffen up some more though. They are capable of more. Missed 2 picks that could of made the game even more skewed. Missed tackles and blown coverage in the secondary. Still a good game by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Missed the most of the Rams/Redskins game, but from what I've seen, the refs aren't doing shit here either. Plus that terrible call in the Dallas game.
    Makes up for the unnecessary chop block call on J.R. Sweezy.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Great game from the Seahawks. I am absolutely buying one of their home jerseys when I get some free cash.
    I love their jerseys now. I have to debate on Earl Thomas or Sindey Rice though... Speaking of Rice... good god that hit on him today. That should shatter anybody saying that hes fragile. That was just brutal.

NFC West looks pretty fucking insane right now... I like it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Week 3 highlight for NY fans

Giants vs Pathern
    Jets vs Dolphins
    Bills vs Brown

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Against the bills... Sorry but everytime the Jets play a good defence they fall on their asses hard.
    Well week 3 the bills against the browns !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got tix for Cowboys next week so they better win

10+ Year Old Account
    I still cant believe Eli threw for 510 lol

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I still cant believe Eli threw for 510 lol
    Yeah me either I can believe that the threw 3 TD's thou followed by 3 interceptions ah yeah typical Eli.

Deleted
    I still can't believe the Patriots lost on a FG. We don't lose when kicking important FG's, it's not the New England way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody brought up Golden Tates block and how it went uncalled pretty much. Was quite the shitstorm on twitter yesterday.

Those refs were terrible in that game though. Bad spots all over the place. Like I said before about that unnecessary chop block on J.R. Sweezy.

Would be reaaaally interesting if the NFL goes and fines him. I don't think they should though because it wasn't called on the field. Thats something the NFL has to deal with now knowing that they don't want to pay the real fucking refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yeah me either I can believe that the threw 3 TD's thou followed by 3 interceptions ah yeah typical Eli.
    Just semantics, but he throew the picks before the TDs. He had a shitty 1st half and then a all-time great 2nd half.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 01:44 PM ----------

Those refs were terrible in that game though. Bad spots all over the place. Like I said before about that unnecessary chop block on J.R. Sweezy.
    Thats something the NFL has to deal with now knowing that they don't want to pay the real fucking refs.
    I think overall the replacement refs have been erring on the side of "letting them play" instead of calling the game as aggressively as the regular ref generally do. In watching the Giants and Jets games yesterday, there was illegal contact up and down the field.

All that being said, If I had to choose between them being a bit more lax or being more stringent, I'd go with being more lax. There is just less a chance for a major fuck up that way. Besides, the less penalties they call the less time I have to hear the ref stammer through his on field call.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised nobody brought up Golden Tates block and how it went uncalled pretty much. Was quite the shitstorm on twitter yesterday.

Would be reaaaally interesting if the NFL goes and fines him. I don't think they should though because it wasn't called on the field. Thats something the NFL has to deal with now knowing that they don't want to pay the real fucking refs.
    Bad refs or not, the NFL does fine people for certain hits that may not have gone called in-game. Which I think is right. Really, though, none of these people care about $20-25k out of their pocket, so the penalty needs to be something not money related, like say, a game or two out for severe hits.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I heard "Escape" by Hoobastank going to one of the commercial breaks. Wonder if there's a way to confirm that.
    I can't remember if it was NFL Sunday or during some NCAA game on Saturday (it could even have been during NASCAR, I'm a horrible channel-surfer), but on one of the commercial breaks this weekend I thought I head Gangnam Style going...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    I can't remember if it was NFL Sunday or during some NCAA game on Saturday (it could even have been during NASCAR, I'm a horrible channel-surfer), but on one of the commercial breaks this weekend I thought I head Gangnam Style going...
    That wouldn't surprise me. Popular meme crap and all. I heard "Sweet 16" by Green Day during one of them too. I'm pretty sure that song isn't about football.

But "Escape" isn't even a relevant song, nor is it well-known. Just curious is all.

And a mighty "boo" to BadPaladin.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

That's the blown call I was talking about earlier. How they called a PF on Carter for tapping the Seahawk out of bounds when Lee just got a helmet to the chin. It's not that it matters that much, the game was pretty much over at that point but it would have been nice to see the right call made.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't looked at the video after hearing about it after the lifeguard scandal thing, but he was on SNL this weekend and it was freaking hilarious. Speaking of SNL, I feel like Seth Macfarlane would be the best normal cast member of about any host ever. He can disappear into any role. Also, the Bill Hader puppet sketch was probably the funniest thing on there is a long, long time.

Anywho back on the handegg, sad to see the Lions lost, as expected. The missed call on the Golden Tate decimation is definitely going to get a fine from the league (and seriously WTF was the other personal foul for a late hit about on that play). That wasn't the only one though that was missed and will be getting a fine. I am trying to think of the other game it was in, was watching Redzone, but in another game defender left his feet and clocked a guy in the head with his helmet. The replacement refs were fucking terrible yesterday.

Oh ya, and the play calling at the end of the Patriots game was the most inexcusable bullshit I have ever seen. Since when do the always aggressive, always looking to rip your heart out Pats stop playing fucking offense with a chance to win? They completely gave up the last three plays and settled for a long field goal rather than trying to improve their position. That isn't the Patriots. Speaking of the Pats, so Welker is about to be traded. This is EXACTLY what happened before they dealt Randy Moss. Contract talks stalled, Randy started the season as a starter, quickly became a bench player despite being productive, then was dealt. Welker, the Pats overhwlemingly best receiver, came off the bench this week for reasons outside of anyone's comprehension. It is identical to what happened to Moss without the trade (yet).
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-17 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad refs or not, the NFL does fine people for certain hits that may not have gone called in-game. Which I think is right. Really, though, none of these people care about $20-25k out of their pocket, so the penalty needs to be something not money related, like say, a game or two out for severe hits.
    No, thats fucking bull shit and should never happen. You don't see the NFL reversing calls after games. That should be no different.

Either way, he will get fined. If he gets suspended I will be beyond furious.

These refs need to go. I am really tired of this shit. Not saying that the old refs are better, but players are definitely taking advantage of them and its getting ridiculous. You can see so much contact between players while running routes that should be called. Balls being spotted poorly and game clocks being terribly managed.

Not to mention shit like this - http://www.komonews.com/sports/NFL-p...169954976.html

Also - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._breaking_news

I gave TJack a lot of credit for playing through his injury, and maybe a lot more after reading that.

They were most definitely playing Call Me Maybe during one of the main games I watched. How that has anything to do with football I have no idea.

It feels like 90% of the NFL is 1-1 right now. Just a whole lot of teams jumbled up together nobody can really tell how good or bad they really are. Same with some of the 2-0 teams. Are the Chargers good or did they just beat bad teams? What about the Cardinals, are they lucky or legit? Texans havent played anyone that wasnt terrible, Eagles have eeked out their wins but I guess a win is a win. Only truly impressive team so far has been the 49ers. Can probably add Atlanta or Denver if either of them put up a dominating performance tonight.

I wonder if I should be nervous about Bears playing Rams next week, it should be a win but perhaps not as easy as I first anticipated. Seeing Eagles vs Cardinals next week will surely be an interesting game. Can the Eagles keep winning even with Vick throwing a good chunk of his passes to the other team?