10+ Year Old Account
    And the question comes again: Is it Tebow time?

I hate this question. Not because of the hype, not because of the controversy of the player, not because I'm a Gator fan and I want the best for Tebow. I hate it because there's no precedent, which is what makes it that controversial. I don't agree with Mel Kiper though, who says that if Tebow starts, it will end his career. Remember, it's still his, what, second season? You can't completely blame Tebow for not being an accurate QB. College is all about spread offenses, and he won championships with it. However, he can never be a full-time QB if he never learns to throw the ball, and most people would know how to throw the ball by the time he gets into the NFL. So, then what?

Teach him to run routes. Disregard that play where the ball hits him in the head. Make him a wide receiver. Then, you can run trick plays through that way. Be like Antwan Randle El, let him throw the ball sometimes with reverse options. I know, the problem is people still want him as a QB. But he's already behind the curve there. I'm not saying it's easier to learn to be a wide receiver, but it would be less devastating to the team I think if he learns that. And it would get him on the field, so people might shut up about it.

It's not his fault though. It's not his fault he keeps getting put behind terribly inconsistent quarterbacks. Stick him back in Denver, see if people start begging for him to be put in place of Manning.

I cant see Tebow being able to run routes and creat separation at an NFL level to validate him trying that position. Him being a sort of FB/RB could potentially work as hes proven to be a solid runner with the football in his hands.
    The main reason people ask if its Tebow time is mostly cause Mark Sanchez sucks. He has always sucked and got completely overrated for a while, thankfully the rest of the world has realized his ineptitude now. Tebow may possibly be a better option than Sanchez for a team that wants to win with Running and good defense. Tebow fits that mold better. Denver was the #1 rushing attack last year for a reason, it wasnt all McGahee hes only a midlevel RB at best. The problem with the Jets right now is that they want to be a running team... with a terrible running back. Shonne Green is arguably the worst starting RB in the entire NFL right now. Its hard for them to be successful period but I am of the belief that Tebow does give them the best chance to win games. Not cause I think hes great (tbh I hated him in college, now I just find tebowmania funny) but cause Sanchez is that awful.

I cant believe some analysts are debating whos better Romo or Cutler. I am a Bears fan, I love Cutler. But even I can admit Romo is currently a better player. Then again some were also debating who has a better receiver duo the Falcons or the Ravens and I dont think thats close either.

10+ Year Old Account
    last year he went 8-5 as a starter and was one of the more entertaining players we've ever seen, so are we going to pretend like none of that ever happened? whats the issue, we already have seen what he can do and it seemed to work

got no offensive line, got no receivers, might as well put in the running QB, making him a WR would just be a waste, wouldn't do him or the team any good, they could sign somebody off the street that played WR in college and be better off at that position than if they groomed Tebow for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I don't know how deep they are, but you can't look at the Falcons and think anybody has a better receiving core than they do. Counting tight end that is. I think Green Bay might be the deepest, but then again there's a point where it goes from being a good receiver and a quarterback making receivers look good. You could argue Manning made a lot of mediocre players look good in Indy, which is one more reason why they were so bad when he was out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Away in London at the moment, I assume I missed absolutely nothing of significance whatsoever.

>.>

<.<
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I say fuck it, start Tebow if they get creamed by the Texans this Monday (which will absolutely happen). Who knows, he may starting winning some games in the 4th quarter again ... Jets do have the defense to support his ass in the first three quarters anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flynn will start before Tebow has a chance honestly. Especially if Russell plays like he has next week.

Just read a stat that the Bears under Lovie Smith are actually 7-2 in Monday Night games. Only Mike Tomlin's Steelers and Sean Payton's Saints have better Monday Night records than that. That gives me some more hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, been reading some blogs and comments around and lots of people are saying that Russell Wilson should be out. I honestly stand by this. I love the guy, hes a great person, but hes a rookie and he makes huge rookie mistakes. Sure, it doesn't help that Doug Baldwin pretty much gave the ball to the defender, or that McCoy tripped on the last play... but when he sits in the pocket for too long he chokes. His passing lanes disappear and he kinda just heaves it. When he scrambles, he takes a huge risk. His o-line has no clue where he is, and by then hes sacked for a loss of 5+.

There is also a lot of finger pointing to the play calling. Yes, I highly agree. I think our play calling is abysmal, but you can't point that on one person cause you don't know who to point the finger to. Cable has a lot of control over the offense, but I don't want to blame him at all. Hes done a phenomenal job with the offensive line. Lots of people are pointing it to Darrel Bevel... which I can't comment cause I don't know. Pete Carroll likes to play a hard hitting, grind you down defense. Obviously that is working, but we are losing because of our offense. Last in the league in passing yards is fucking unacceptable when you have Sidney Rice. I'm sorry, but fuck anybody that says that Sidney is overpaid and can't play. We can discuss this when he can get a ball thrown in his direction.

All in all... when you are 2-2, 0-2 in your division I don't think you can screw around with a rookie quarterback when you paid 30 million for another one that is sitting on the bench. If Russell's performance doesn't improve during the Carolina game I think its time for Flynn to step in. If its a repeat performance he will lose the trust of not only the fans but the players.

As far as yesterdays game goes... I don't know. I feel like our defense was really bad, but looking at it on paper today it wasn't really. I think our corners were scared of the regular refs. They were playing a lot softer and less bump and run.

I only have a few players I want to highlight.

James Carpenter - Wow... amazing game after being injured for a year. I was pumped to see him back, and hes playing very well.

Robert Turbin - I will blast the coaches for this, Turbin needs more playing time. Hes the key to wearing out defenses. Swap Lynch and him more often. You keep your backs rested and destroy the run game.

Marshawn Lynch - I actually heard somebody say that it figures that once he got his big contract he doesn't perform... . . . what? Carries 92 Yards 423 yd/pc 4.6 TD 2. Hes on track to beat his personal best yards in a season by far.

Edit- After posting I read this. Sorry, going to have to call BS on it. To me it tells me that starting Flynn will be a game day decision. Pete kinda pulled the same crap with the Tjack and Whitehurst competition. Oh, not to mention if Russell happens to get hurt we're fucked? We don't have a 3rd string QB, hes on the practice squad.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-10-01 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chuck Pagano, head coach of the Colts and ex DC of the Baltimore Ravens was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia and is going to be taking leave to treat it. It is supposed to be a very treatable form of leukemia, but I still hope the best for the guy, I always liked his as a coach in Baltimore. In the meantime, the Colts' HC is going to be Bruce Arians, of Pittsburgh infamy.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    A little too knee-jerk on the Russell Wilson reactions, give it another week and see how he does against a pretty bad Panthers pass D before talking switch, he had the kind of game every rookie has, so there's no reason to panic yet, stick with him and you go into the games against New England and SF with a QB who's been getting first team reps and starts for months instead of a backup you rushed in (who, apparently, is too injured to take over the job anyway).
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-10-01 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    A little too knee-jerk on the Russell Wilson reactions, give it another week and see how he does against a pretty bad Panthers pass D before talking switch, he had the kind of game every rookie has, so there's no reason to panic yet, stick with him and you go into the games against New England and SF with a QB who's been getting first team reps and starts for months instead of a backup you rushed in (who, apparently, is too injured to take over the job anyway).
    Yeah, thats what I said. Carolina is really the true test. If the bad play calling and poor decision making continues then there will be bumpier roads ahead with NE and SF.

I really think Pete is bsing about the extent of Flynns "injury". I think holding him back in practice is true though. It really scares me though. What if something does happen to Russell? We're fucked if what Pete is saying is true... like no other way to look at it.

I still think the Rams secondary is overrated. I still think Seattles receivers aren't as bad as the numbers show. There is something wrong, and it needs to be fixed. This team has too much talent to be a <.500 team again. I consider that completely unacceptable. Then again, how do you contain a kicker that can make 60 yard field goals? How do you contain Houdini special teams plays with somebody coming off the sideline. Well for one, you don't try to answer with an onside kick when you have one of the top tier defenses in the league...

I want to blame the coaching more than Russell. He did get thrown into a competition with split reps, but his flaws in my eyes are extremely concerning if he cant shake them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, last thought on the Jets' QB situation. I've said it before. Give Greg McElroy a shot. Can't do much worse. Sanchez's stats in the past three games are, for lack of a better term, Tebow-esque anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    when you've got 3 unremarkable passers but one of them can pick up 50-60 yards on the ground then things start to look obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, last thought on the Jets' QB situation. I've said it before. Give Greg McElroy a shot. Can't do much worse. Sanchez's stats in the past three games are, for lack of a better term, Tebow-esque anyway.
    I think Rex Ryan wants to keep his "wildcat" scheme, but unfortunately in the NFL things like that aren't used often for a reason. I mean, when you see number 15 come out on the field you know whats going to happen...

15+ Year Old Account
    I am going for the cowboys this game, though I am biased as I have lived there before.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, going for Cowboys myself.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:40 PM ----------

Anybody else have a feeling that DeMarcus Ware will have a hayday on Cutler?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh dear... Did Romo forget what our uniforms look like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Ohh dear... Did Romo forget what our uniforms look like?
    Dez fucked up more than Romo there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I typed that before replays. All I saw was the ball go to a Bear with no white any where near him. But how about that comeback drive, why can't they do that every time...