love the NFL go Niners got a lucky win last night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Wow, so I wake up to people going back to the "BRING BACK FLYNN" stuff. While I was guilty a few weeks ago, you cant pin this loss on Wilson. I'll explain my thoughts when I get back from class. I'm still pretty aggravated over the loss. Plus now I have to deal with the worlds most annoying 49er fan (which is becoming quite common since last year) at class.
    I don't think there's anything that needs to be said. Seattle's defense played bad, as far as run goes. The least amount of dropped passes in the NFL going in to the game, and they get five. Anybody who's screaming to take Wilson out is a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't think there's anything that needs to be said. Seattle's defense played bad, as far as run goes. The least amount of dropped passes in the NFL going in to the game, and they get five. Anybody who's screaming to take Wilson out is a fool.
    Yeah there is.

Lets be honest, the dropped passes lost the game. Wilson put the balls on the money (watch his playing against defenses that are good, he throws high balls so the receivers can jump and get them). All our receivers are pretty good at jumping for balls, Sidney Rice and Golden Tate probably being the best. Doug Baldwin apparently got hurt early in the game which is a big loss.

I don't think you can pin the loss on your defense like Pete is doing. The defense played fine. For as much as I hate the 49ers, their run blocking is probably the best part about that team. They had some amazing blocks. Completely shut down Bobby Wagner and the front 4. It was almost down to the secondary to make those tackles, which they are good at. Earl Thomas actually adjusted and was making tackles at the line of scrimmage. They allowed one TD (I didn't see cause my satellite went out) and 2 FGs for a total of 13 points. Thats below their average points per game.

All in all, was not impressed with the 49ers. They didn't feel like "the best" the NFL has to offer. Seattle had their chances, it came down to crucial player mistakes. Like I said before, about the only thing that I can praise is the run blocking for the 49ers.

I'm just flustered I suppose. We have, what I think is a super bowl caliber defense being held back by the last in the league passing offense for reasons you can't pin on just the QB either like people want to. I'm pretty sure the people wanting Flynn are the retards that only look at Russell's completion rating and shit their pants. There have been improvements on this offense since week one, huge improvements like receivers extending their routes to compensate for Russell's scrambling, Russell taking advantage of better passing lanes, Russell's snap count is improved. He still makes mistakes, don't get me wrong. Hes a rookie, but you can't use him for a scapegoat when even if Flynn was out there those passes would of been dropped.

The way Smith played, it looked like the 2010 Niners out there. Makes me think the Niners are regressing, like the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya Ed Reed apparently said he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Brutal.
    had that injury myself, Ed might as well just come out and say "meh im ok with my shoulder dislocating hourly".

On Russel Wilson, idk if pete Carroll is a gimmick kind of guy, if he was willing to sit Flynn who is higher paid and has seen some experience over Russel Wilson, then im certain he made that choice with good reason. Pete's a strange guy sometimes, but he'll do anything he can to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    had that injury myself, Ed might as well just come out and say "meh im ok with my shoulder dislocating hourly".

On Russel Wilson, idk if pete Carroll is a gimmick kind of guy, if he was willing to sit Flynn who is higher paid and has seen some experience over Russel Wilson, then im certain he made that choice with good reason. Pete's a strange guy sometimes, but he'll do anything he can to win.
    Considering how many other young rookies or sophomores are out there, I trust in Pete's decision. Honestly I think what won the battle is Russell's charismatic personality and arm strength. During mini-camp people were saying Travaris had a stronger arm that Flynn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Now you know why I fucking hate Jim Harbaugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Ed Reed's response in interviews this past week. He seems more than likely to be fine with playing and having to pop his shoulder back in every time he comes off the field after a drive.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    The way Smith played, it looked like the 2010 Niners out there. Makes me think the Niners are regressing, like the Lions.
    At least in the passing game. The offensive line's specialty is run blocking, and they are so-so at pass protection. They ball is run most of hte time because of that. They have been picking it up as best as they can, but Smith is the one truly regressing.

If you were watching the game, Sherman and Browner were making contact way after the five yard marker, but Harbaugh shouldn't be bitching about it, not after he went off on a tirade due to the Gilbride comments about Justin Smith.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-10-20 at 02:27 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    At least in the passing game. The offensive line's specialty is run blocking, and they are so-so at pass protection. They ball is run most of hte time because of that. They have been picking it up as best as they can, but Smith is the one truly regressing.

If you were watching the game, Sherman and Browner were making contact way after the five yard marker, but Harbaugh shouldn't be bitching about it, not after he went off on a tirade due to the Gilbride comments about Justin Smith.
    Depends if the QB is out of the pocket too, but I won't be surprised if they are both seeing what they can get away with until something happens. They both play aggressive bump and run. Sherman likes to jab a lot too, which pisses off a lot of people.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...manISOSlow.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fairly certain that Harbaugh is saying that for a confirmation that that will be allowed, because the SF DB's can play that way as well, especially Goldson and Culliver, both of whom are pretty big guys themselves, sure is seems like complaining, but yet, with the wording, I think it can also be seen in my viewpoint, in part because I am biased for him.

And yeah, the jabbing pisses people off, but it is legal, it is within the 5 yards, the contact was occurring 10 or so yards downfield.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Looks like the Ravens should be expecting a fine some time soon. I love this team, but this will be a well deserved fine. Only question now is, will it be more than the $20k that the Redskins and Bills were fined? Those were for one week offenses. Reed has apparently been playing with this injury for awhile (though he wouldn't say for how long).
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally no way the NFL can figure out how long hes been injured for unless there is documentation. Or they threaten to fine for more if they don't spill the beans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Tebow, or at least his marketing people, look to trademark "Tebowing".

I find this amusing because while his reasoning make be noble, the result will be nothing what expects or wants.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 11:22 PM ----------

Also, why is there only two late games tomorrow? Kind of limiting my choices to watch there. One of those games is Jacksonville/Oakland. Who wants to watch that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, why is there only two late games tomorrow? Kind of limiting my choices to watch there. One of those games is Jacksonville/Oakland. Who wants to watch that?
    Seriously this shit again? Figures they put the slightly better game later. I can't stay up for that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously this shit again? Figures they put the slightly better game later. I can't stay up for that shit.
    I was referring to the 4:00 p.m. (eastern) games, so it will only be 1 p.m. for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that basically leaves a big gap between 3:30(ish) and the Sunday night game. It's bad enough that I hate the Pat's; I'm definitely not in the mood to watch them beat on a JV team. Pretty sure even Jags and Raiders fans don't wanna watch the other game.

NFL.com Link

Well, I guess I was wrong. Suggs has been added to the active roster and the team (finally) cut OLB Sergio Kindle. I think Kindle ties with Dan Cody as the worst Ravens draft picks of all time. I'm really hoping Suggs is just going to be taking Kindles spot on the 'game-day-inactive' bench.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've died had someone Tebowed next to him after nailing him on a sack or something. I don't see it happening now, pity.

Elb, I too hope that Suggs doesn't suit up due to the possibility of him hurting himself even more. An important game, sure. But with Webb and Lewis already out, I would rather not risk him, but his doctors and he knows a lot more than what I do about the severity of the injury right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the 4:00 p.m. (eastern) games, so it will only be 1 p.m. for you.
    Oh I thought there were 2 sunday night games.

derp.

Oh well.

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 09:33 AM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

That organization is going to be completely gutted at the end of this year, if not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamnit.

End of first quarter. Commercial.
    One play, field goal. Commercial.
    Kickoff. Commercial.

Why? Fucking....why?

These refs in the Saints/Bucs game are terrible.

Clearly a pick, ball didn't touch the ground. Yet they ruled it a dead ball.
    Guy was down before he went in for the touchdown, still gave Tampa the touchdown.