I don't hate the lions, but. . .

I hope to god it's a high pick. I love it when teams make dumb decisions (even if they're the donkeys).

The trade makes me scratch my head.. Thought only the Raiders'd make stupid moves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I don't hate the lions, but. . .

I hope to god it's a high pick. I love it when teams make dumb decisions (even if they're the donkeys).
    I'm sure it is a 6-7th round pick. Anything higher and my mind will explode.

Don't the Lions have Megatron, Young, and two guys off the street at WR right now? I don't think you could do much worse if I was out there trying to catch balls. I'm not sure if Mike Thomas actually helps, but remember the dude has been playing in Jacksonville. Maybe playing for a team with a starting QB will help him out a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Don't the Lions have Megatron, Young, and two guys off the street at WR right now? I don't think you could do much worse if I was out there trying to catch balls. I'm not sure if Mike Thomas actually helps, but remember the dude has been playing in Jacksonville. Maybe playing for a team with a starting QB will help him out a bit.
    Right now their WRs are Megatron, Young, Broyles (2nd round pick this year), and who knows who else. Not good. Not St Louis awful. Hell I don't think they are worse off without Burleson than they were when he was active. Young has stepped up the last two weeks, which has surprised me big time (after I fucking dropped him in two leagues grumble). I'm just not happy with giving up assets for a replacement level player when there had to be some guy on the practice squad that could have filled in. Then again, what kind of secondary help or change of pace back are you going to get for a 6th or 7th round pick lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo Seattle placed Ben Obomanu on IR for a minor injury (sprained wrist apparently). Braylon Edwards has a hurt knee.

That leaves like.. 3 healthy WRs. The one they activated from practice squad has a drop problem in practices. I have a feeling some interesting shit will go down before Thursday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sooo Seattle placed Ben Obomanu on IR for a minor injury (sprained wrist apparently). Braylon Edwards has a hurt knee.

That leaves like.. 3 healthy WRs. The one they activated from practice squad has a drop problem in practices. I have a feeling some interesting shit will go down before Thursday.
    Dwayne Bowe, Seattle Seahawk. Keeerraw. Lombardi said it is going to take a 2nd round pick to get Bowe who the Chiefs expect to get a third round compensation pick for when he leaves in free agency. If I'm Seattle I do it. But I am not Seattle and am slightly biased so my opinion doesn't mean anything.

I imagine Bowe would be willing to work out a deal to sign with a team that isn't dead last in the power polls. Seattle is definitely gonna make an offer.

15+ Year Old Account
    So that Lions trade for Thomas is a fifth round pick. I ain't happy. Lions are reportedly also in the hunt for a safety and a RB before the deadline tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So that Lions trade for Thomas is a fifth round pick. I ain't happy. Lions are reportedly also in the hunt for a safety and a RB before the deadline tomorrow.
    We'll give you Mendenhall and Polamalu for a 1st and 3rd. Cool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch. My condolences. lol

Pretty sure you can find an equal value, if not better, receiver in the 5th round. Could they really not find anything better than that for a 5th? Are there no FA WR's available?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    We'll give you Mendenhall and Polamalu for a 1st and 3rd. Cool?
    Pretty sure you could package those 2 and still not get a 1st round pick. :P
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Pretty sure you could package those 2 and still not get a 1st round pick. :P
    I know Teams don't want to trade for guys that are at games in a hoodie with a headset on. But hey, Lions need a Safety and a RB - let's make something happen!

Wishful thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwayne Bowe, Seattle Seahawk. Keeerraw. Lombardi said it is going to take a 2nd round pick to get Bowe who the Chiefs expect to get a third round compensation pick for when he leaves in free agency. If I'm Seattle I do it. But I am not Seattle and am slightly biased so my opinion doesn't mean anything.
    I don't see Seattle coughing up draft picks, especially for somebody older. Then again, it looks like they are very desperate right now.

I know the name T.O. has been shot around a few times. I would ignore that, but really... he knows the system somewhat. If the situation is that dire it may be something Seattle needs to do just to have somebody, depending on how serious Baldwins injury is.

Patriots acquire Aqib Talib and a 7th rd. pick from the Bucs for a 4th rd. pick.

The rich get richer. I don't really understand what the Bucs just did. I mean, he's a former 1st round pick and they're giving up on him pretty quickly it looks like. I mean, sure, he's had his off-field issues but he still has great potential.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...for-draft-pick

No action at the NFL trade deadline yet again. Boring.

I get the Talib deal. He's had two suspensions already. He's a headache, and was in the last year of his deal anyway. Tampa gets a pick and NE picks up what's left of his salary. So they weren't resigning him anyway.

NE has a way of pounding "headache" players into submission. I think they just got a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    NE has a way of pounding "headache" players into submission. I think they just got a steal.
    Meh, much like Pacino, I think the Pats have been coasting on reputation for a few years in that regard. I think they outsmart themselves sometimes. Still, secondary was a big need for them. If he works out at all it's a good deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am thrilled to here the Pats got Talib. I was petrified that the Lions would end up adding that guy to help the secondary and I absolutely can not think of someone worse to add to the Lions already numerous discipline issues. Well, they could have added Pacman Jones lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how Philip Rivers can throw a ball away through the endzone when there's nothing there, and then throw an interception to a guy being covered, when there's a more open guy underneath. Classic Rivers, classic Chargers. Gotta love dual-personality teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't understand how Philip Rivers can throw a ball away through the endzone when there's nothing there, and then throw an interception to a guy being covered, when there's a more open guy underneath. Classic Rivers, classic Chargers. Gotta love dual-personality teams.
    Christ. If KC wins this game then there will be nothing stopping AJ Smith and Norv Turner from getting the boot. There's no way you can lose 4 in a row, two of which against the worst teams in the NFL.