10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the NFL is content that the Saints season is crap and can let it slide now

10+ Year Old Account
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--se...170800233.html

Amazing article on Richard Sherman.

15+ Year Old Account
    The MNF game this week is the Jets/Titans. The TNF game is the Bengals/Eagles. Holy unwatchable football Batman!

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this yesterday but I haven't had the time to post until now.

A Ravens insider from another site had this to say about Cam Camerons' firing.

- Apparently, Caldwell was the one who put together the offensive gameplan for the week 1 game against Cincinnati, not Cameron. He suggested it and Cam ran with it; after that, Cameron hasn't really taken any input from Caldwell since. (this is basically what happened to Zorn)

- Flacco audibled to a run directly into a run blitz. Harbaugh asked him WTF was that when he came off the field and Flacco told him it was a designed audible. Harbaugh was pissed to find out that Cameron was now designing audbiles.

- Flacco's agent called Ozzie after the first Pittsburgh game and told Ozzie that Joe can't play with that type of play calling and would rather not do a deal. Ozzie told him that this was Cam's last year but they agreed to take a wait and see approach.

- the 'mutiny' reported on a few weeks ago (after the Houston game) wasn't started by Harbaugh wanting the players in full pads for practice. The whole meeting centered around Cam Cameron and he (Harbaugh) was shocked to find that so many players on both sides of the ball disliked Cam and his play calling.

- the team is basically playing for Harbaugh's job now. He has the rest of the season and the playoffs to get the team playing better. Biciotti wanted to clean house with the coaching staff. If the season ended this week, Harbaugh would have been gone.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    The idiots resign Braylon Edwards to the Jets.

Asa Jackson suspended 4 games for PED.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    I saw this yesterday but I haven't had the time to post until now.

A Ravens insider from another site had this to say about Cam Camerons' firing.

- Apparently, Caldwell was the one who put together the offensive gameplan for the week 1 game against Cincinnati, not Cameron. He suggested it and Cam ran with it; after that, Cameron hasn't really taken any input from Caldwell since. (this is basically what happened to Zorn)

- Flacco audibled to a run directly into a run blitz. Harbaugh asked him WTF was that when he came off the field and Flacco told him it was a designed audible. Harbaugh was pissed to find out that Cameron was now designing audbiles.

- Flacco's agent called Ozzie after the first Pittsburgh game and told Ozzie that Joe can't play with that type of play calling and would rather not do a deal. Ozzie told him that this was Cam's last year but they agreed to take a wait and see approach.

- the 'mutiny' reported on a few weeks ago (after the Houston game) wasn't started by Harbaugh wanting the players in full pads for practice. The whole meeting centered around Cam Cameron and he (Harbaugh) was shocked to find that so many players on both sides of the ball disliked Cam and his play calling.

- the team is basically playing for Harbaugh's job now. He has the rest of the season and the playoffs to get the team playing better. Biciotti wanted to clean house with the coaching staff. If the season ended this week, Harbaugh would have been gone.
    I usually don't believe a post-firing moratorium on a guy, but I can believe every single one of those points.
    Grats Braylon on getting picked up. Grats on being the best receiver on the team that just picked you up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stallworth to IR for pats.

Guess who the pats are signing in his place?

Deion Branch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Deion Branch.
    I thought you were gonna say Braylon Edwards for a second there but I forgot the Jets already did that lol. So Stallworth comes in for one game, makes a huge catch, gets hurt. Quality season.

10+ Year Old Account

Deion Branch.
    For the 12th time...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am so disappointed with Joe Webb. After he single handedly eviscerated the Lions last year and nearly led the Vikings back from a huge deficit in that game I was totally rooting for that guy to end up winning the starting job. But alas, if he can't even unseat the definition of mediocrity that is Christian Ponder, maybe he isn't good at all. You ever wonder if Ponder continues to be a starting QB just because of his connections to ESPN? And by connections I mean he is banging/engaged to the hottest woman on the network. Good for Ponder. He may be a mediocre QB all his career, but at least he took home one serious trophy in Sam Steele (or as I like to refer to her, off-brand Charlize Theron which in no way is a bad thing).
    I just can't believe how good Ponder can be some games, and then a week later he comes back looking worse than Tim Tebow. It completelty blows my mind, I can't even begin to describe what could possibly be going on in his head when he makes some of the throws that a middle school flag football quarterback would know not to make.

I dont know why, but I really like Leslie, I just hope he doesnt blow his carreer in Minnesota because he's too attached to Christian just like Childress did with T-jack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    For the 12th time...
    ...this season.

Oh, looks like Sherman's appeal is going to be pushed back even more. He better win that shit... somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    For the 12th time...
    If you think that's bad, check out what happened to Ventrone last season with the Pats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kolb to the IR and Lindley is starting for Cards.

Something I found interesting.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...4-dvoa-ratings

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 01:09 PM ----------

John Schneider said he had 2 players that he MUST have and got. They are Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. He was seeking Lynch back when he was in GB and nagged Buffalo for 8-9 weeks before finally getting them to trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Community references during Around the Horn. Highlight of my day.

Thought this was interesting

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...never-existed/
    On "CBS This Morning," DeMaurice Smith, NFL Players Association executive director, disagreed with the ruling and said there is no evidence that bounties ever existed. He said, "Having seen nearly 50,000 pages of evidence and nearly 20 hours of testimony, I know that there was no bounty put on players by Saints players."

He also said, "I'm disappointed in the National Football League and certainly in the way they conducted an investigation because I now know having read and seen all of the testimony that there was certainly no evidence that the bounties existed and frankly, I was a prosecutor in [Washington, D.C.] for 10 years. I understand how to do investigations. And the investigation that the league did was sloppy, the investigation that they did was more outcome-focused than frankly process-focused."

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodell wants to expand the playoffs to 14 to 16 teams.

Wow.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow.
    As a proponent of expanding baseball's playoffs and a lover of the top 8 in the NBA and NHL, I fucking hate this idea. Like really hate it. We already had a 7-9 team make the playoffs two years ago. We are likely looking at 8-8 being the cut off this year in the AFC. Expanding that by another 2-4 teams is going to mean an 8-8 or 7-9 every year. That is horrible. It will be like the NBA were some 35 win teams squeaks in occasionally in the East.

I will accept this if it comes with one caveat. The best 14-16 teams get in regardless of conference with division winners getting a guaranteed spot. None of the bullshit like the NBA where the West will have 12 teams that have better records than the Easts 7th seed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As a proponent of expanding baseball's playoffs and a lover of the top 8 in the NBA and NHL, I fucking hate this idea. Like really hate it. We already had a 7-9 team make the playoffs two years ago. We are likely looking at 8-8 being the cut off this year in the AFC. Expanding that by another 2-4 teams is going to mean an 8-8 or 7-9 every year. That is horrible. It will be like the NBA were some 35 win teams squeaks in occasionally in the East.

I will accept this if it comes with one caveat. The best 14-16 teams get in regardless of conference with division winners getting a guaranteed spot. None of the bullshit like the NBA where the West will have 12 teams that have better records than the Easts 7th seed.
    What people are saying is that they want to get rid of byes and create a full tournament style playoff. Fucking retarded if thats the case.

The only way I see them extending the playoffs working is if they go through with what they want to do and add a bunch more teams. Which then preseason would get cut to 2 games and the season extended to 18 games. I still hate that idea though.

Deleted

Wow.
    I like the idea. I always figured the first round bye was over the top and gave an unfair advantage to certain teams with easier schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I like the idea. I always figured the first round bye was over the top and gave an unfair advantage to certain teams with easier schedules.
    yes cause that unfair advantage worked out well for the Packers last year, or the colts a few years previous to that, or how about the Falcons 2 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."