Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    i'm just happy it's not tebow time in denver anymore man
    Apparently it's not Tebow time in New York either. Thank you Rex Ryan for not subjecting us to the falaccy that is Tim Tebow. One of, if not the most, overrated football player to ever touch a pigskin.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    the guy is entertaining, I want to be entertained

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the guy is entertaining, I want to be entertained
    He's a trainwreck at best. A lucky one, but still a trainwreck.

Even if you think he's a trainwreck, you almost have to give him a shot when you traded for him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is just in silly territory

let Peyton in the discussion when he has a few more Super Bowl MVPs
    Silly Territory is where we go in the middle of the week. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Apparently it's not Tebow time in New York either. Thank you Rex Ryan for not subjecting us to the falaccy that is Tim Tebow. One of, if not the most, overrated football player to ever touch a pigskin.
    Maybe to fantasy football nerds, his winning record speaks for itself.

Id much rather him throw the ball into the 3rd row than to the other team like sanchez does. They would of beat tennessee with tebow starting, he wont win you the game, but like we saw in denver last season he wont lose you the game (aside from that raider game).

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Maybe to fantasy football nerds, his winning record speaks for itself.

Id much rather him throw the ball into the 3rd row than to the other team like sanchez does. They would of beat tennessee with tebow starting, he wont win you the game, but like we saw in denver last season he wont lose you the game (aside from that raider game).
    He has no winning record this season. He has no record at all this season. Which is the only thing that counts. The past is done. It's obvious that Rex Ryan doesn't believe that Tebow has what it takes or he would be the starter and not the number 3 guy. So it looks like to me that the Tebow everyone saw in Denver is not the same Tebow that is now a Jet. That's why he's overrated, because he can't even win a backup position. Now he's the number 3 guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last year Tebow through an INT every 45 attempts. This year Sanchez has thrown an INT every 24 attempts lol. If you throw in carries, sacks, and fumbles lost, Sanchez turns the ball over every 19.6 times he touches the ball. Hilarious.
    Worst Attempts per INT for starting Qbs:
    John Skelton: 22.3 attempts
    Matt Cassel: 23.1
    Ryan Lindely 23.5
    Mark Sanchez: 24.6
    Brady Quinn: 26.5
    Jay Cutler: 26.9

The not suck:
    Tom Brady: 98.3
    RG3: 87.75
    Colin Kaeperkick: 77
    Aaron Rodgers: 59.25
    Peyton Manning: 51.1
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-19 at 08:22 PM.

Too much pride in new york to start tebow, if he wins the whole coaching staff would be fired.

Damn impressive by brady, nice stat list. Do you happen to have andrew lucks numbers? He is kinda overrated as well. Id also like to see alex smiths if possible.

Manning at 51.1 and tebow at 45, factor in the super easy schedule and they are equals. :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has no winning record this season. He has no record at all this season. Which is the only thing that counts. The past is done. It's obvious that Rex Ryan doesn't believe that Tebow has what it takes or he would be the starter and not the number 3 guy. So it looks like to me that the Tebow everyone saw in Denver is not the same Tebow that is now a Jet. That's why he's overrated, because he can't even win a backup position. Now he's the number 3 guy.
    Well he hasn't had a chance. Rex didn't want Tebow from the beginning. The owners wanted him for publicity, so I think is kinda Rex's way of saying "screw you" to the owners. I like the attitude Tebow brings to the game and his is defiantly a winner, but I really just don't think he is a QB. He could be a killer HB, TE, or FB though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Last year Tebow through an INT every 45 attempts. This year Sanchez has thrown an INT every 24 attempts lol. If you throw in carries, sacks, and fumbles lost, Sanchez turns the ball over every 19.6 times he touches the ball. Hilarious.
    Worst Attempts per INT for starting Qbs:
    John Skelton: 22.3 attempts
    Matt Cassel: 23.1
    Ryan Lindely 23.5
    Mark Sanchez: 24.6
    Brady Quinn: 26.5
    Jay Cutler: 26.9

The not suck:
    Tom Brady: 98.3
    RG3: 87.75
    Colin Kaeperkick: 77
    Aaron Rodgers: 59.25
    Peyton Manning: 51.1
    You mean Romo is not in that first list??? Hmm maybe us Cowboy fans really do exaggerate and over react a little bit.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-12-19 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of shit talking I'm seeing on the seahawks FB page is ridiculous. I thought last year was bad, but man this is insane. Some radio caster made this:

Hopefully this game lives up to the hype.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    You mean Romo is not in that first list??? Hmm maybe us Cowboy fans really do exaggerate and over react a little bit.
    Romo has a 35.5 rate almost identical to another Qb at 35.4 who gets nothing but shit from his fanbase, Christian Ponder. This is a down year for Romo, he was at 52.2 per last year, but for anyone trying to pretend he is a bad QB he isn't. Take a look at half the league that has just a horrible QB situation and be thankful that you have a perfectly serviceable QB. Hell Romo isn't even that. Romo is flat out a good QB. Anyone bitching about Romo needs to remember two words, Quincy Carter.

Some talk that Tebow wants out of Jets and if no other NFL wants him then he might come to the CFL:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=411961

Montreal has the rights to him. I will agree with him he needs out of NY. What a gong show that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious that Rex Ryan doesn't believe that Tebow has what it takes or he would be the starter and not the number 3 guy.
    yes, and as has been stated, mostly by me, Rex Ryan is an idiot who's quarterback opinion ranks as about as low a value as can be, how can there be any doubt that he has been wrong about everything on offense all the time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn impressive by brady, nice stat list. Do you happen to have andrew lucks numbers? He is kinda overrated as well. Id also like to see alex smiths if possible.
    Andy Luck throws an INT every 31.3 attempts and turns the ball over every 28 touches (factoring in sacks and rushes). Alex Smith 43.4 INT rate, 45 total TO rate. Last year his INT rate was 89 attempts.

Additional TO rate for the above players(Att+Rush+sack/int+FL): Sanchez 19.625, Skelton 20, Cassel 17, Lindley 19.375, Quinn 31.2, Cutler 24.7, [B]Brady 101,[B]RG3 81.8, Kaepy 55.25, Rodgers 51.7, Manning 46.25

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 05:26 PM ----------

yes, and as has been stated, mostly by me, Rex Ryan is an idiot who's quarterback opinion ranks as about as low a value as can be, how can there be any doubt that he has been wrong about everything on offense all the time?
    Because the head coach isn't necessarily responsible for the offensive personnel, packages, or performances as much as the coordinator and GM are. The HC doesn't call plays, doesn't handle subs, etc. He is more or less the overseer of the entire operation. Depending on his role within the organization he might lead certain areas specifically (like Ryan does the defense), but there is a reason that teams burn through coordinators faster than head coaches, the coordinator is the guy responsible for that segment of the game. I don't think anyone ever claimed Ryan knew shit about offense outside of scheming to beat them with defense. Shotty did, Tannenbaum did, Sporanao did, etc. The head coach isn't the first stop in the line when looking for who to blame for the faults of those under him. Ryan is the face, the voice, and the overseer of the team, he isn't the skill.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-19 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the head coach isn't necessarily responsible for the offensive personnel, packages, or performances as much as the coordinator and GM are. The HC doesn't call plays, doesn't handle subs, etc. He is more or less the overseer of the entire operation. Depending on his role within the organization he might lead certain areas specifically (like Ryan does the defense), but there is a reason that teams burn through coordinators faster than head coaches, the coordinator is the guy responsible for that segment of the game. I don't think anyone ever claimed Ryan knew shit about offense outside of scheming to beat them with defense. Shotty did, Tannenbaum did, Sporanao did, etc. The head coach isn't the first stop in the line when looking for who to blame for the faults of those under him. Ryan is the face, the voice, and the overseer of the team, he isn't the skill.
    he decides who plays and he hires the OC

kind of pointless statements there, how does anything you just said make Ryan look like he knows what he's doing? it doesn't? ok then, he's an idiot, I'll keep saying it, I don't see how being surrounded by idiots gives him immunity from criticism, its not some buffer of coaches and executives acting as fodder, Ryan is no innocent

Ryan doesn't know what he is doing and his depth chart decisions reflect less on QB ability than they do on financials, so acting like Tebow is done in the NFL because he's done with the Jets doesn't mean much, he isn't coming back, why would they waste snaps on him when they've got 2 other guys that will be on the team next year, one of them is still cheap and the other is guaranteed $8 mil because Tannenbaum is an idiot, they were in so deep with that awful contract they had to play Sanchez and hope he might ever get better and prove them right because the alternative was a very pricey backup

Amsden is acting like Rex Ryan's opinion on quarterbacks has any weight at all, it doesn't, he isn't even making the decisions at this point, its Tannenbaum, and since he is the one who gave Sanchez guaranteed money next year he is just as clueless if not more so about how to put together an offense

its a bunch of lost souls on a sinking ship, they don't need apologists spreading the blame, there is no shortage of it and when the smoke clears they should all be gone

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody else read Conscripts reply and have Ricky Rubio's voice come into your head.

Tony Romo is probably a top 10-12 QB he is also more clutch then most QB's out there as a matter of fact the only QB I can think of in my head more clutch is Matt Ryan. This isn't about playoffs this is about games in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conirmation that sports are all about money

Not to mention Chris Kluwe getting fined for his support of Ray Guy, these fines are beyond dumb-shit-retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Conirmation that sports are all about money

Not to mention Chris Kluwe getting fined for his support of Ray Guy, these fines are beyond dumb-shit-retarded.
    Hey man, there is a strict dress code. You have to wear specific sponsor supported gear. But ya, the NFL moreso than any other pro sport is all about money so badly that they will fine you massive amounts of money for even possibly offending the sponsors if someone sees a 1 inch by 1 inch logo on the clothing. its fucking pathetic for both the NHL and for Reebok/Adidas/Nike that whine so much about that complete non-issue. No one is buying gear because RG3 had it on during the press conference. Just look at Tommy Uggs. Tom Brady has tape over the Nike on his items all the time at his press conferences because he is a UA sponsored guy. Its dumb.

Speaking of fines, did you know that players can just deduct that from their taxes? They can just claim it as a charitable contribution or a business expense lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Romo has a 35.5 rate almost identical to another Qb at 35.4 who gets nothing but shit from his fanbase, Christian Ponder. This is a down year for Romo, he was at 52.2 per last year, but for anyone trying to pretend he is a bad QB he isn't. Take a look at half the league that has just a horrible QB situation and be thankful that you have a perfectly serviceable QB. Hell Romo isn't even that. Romo is flat out a good QB. Anyone bitching about Romo needs to remember two words, Quincy Carter.
    Ohh I agree, I remember those years between Aikmen and Romo, they were not pretty. It's just funny to see "Romo's gotta go" all over Cowboys fan forums.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 03:43 AM ----------

Amsden is acting like Rex Ryan's opinion on quarterbacks has any weight at all, it doesn't, he isn't even making the decisions at this point, its Tannenbaum, and since he is the one who gave Sanchez guaranteed money next year he is just as clueless if not more so about how to put together an offense
    No... I was agreeing with you. That's why I said he once called Sanchez an elite QB. That's all the facts you need to support your argument.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...wins-big-games