10+ Year Old Account
    This weekend could only get better if the Texans pull off a miracle now.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I was aboslutely furious over the last 15 seconds, and I am not even an Atlanta fan.

Why call a timeout at 13 seconds before the final kick of the game? Why the hell would you not wait until 3 seconds?

WHY WOULD YOU CALL THAT RETARDED KICKOFF?

Mike Smith... I don't know how you still have a job in Atlanta.

15+ Year Old Account
    And now time for the Pats to massacre the Texans or perhaps, just perhaps, the Texans will pull off the upset.

Ugh. Atlanta and Baltimore both win. Two of the worst teams in the playoffs heading in and both are in the championship games. Really the only worse team going in was Indy. This second round officially makes no sense. The Niners put up 40+, Flacco and Matt Ryan looked like actual quarterbacks. Atlanta can't run all season despite playing a host of the worst running defenses in the league and manages to run against one of the best run defenses. If Houston beats New England, I just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    This weekend could only get better if the Texans pull off a miracle now.
    Im hoping for it. I just really really really really really doubt its going to happen. Like... really. The possibility of a 49ers-Patriots Super Bowl still worries me, I wouldnt know which team to boo more!

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I was aboslutely furious over the last 15 seconds, and I am not even an Atlanta fan.

Why call a timeout at 13 seconds before the final kick of the game? Why the hell would you not wait until 3 seconds?
    100% agree there. I was wondering WTF they were thinking leaving that much time on the clock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So what is this the 5th game the defense has blown in the 4th quarter this year for Seattle?
    Yep.

Knew it. Icing kickers is something I never got.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder how that last timeout went when the Seahawks called timeout to ice the kicker. Carroll sure didn't make the timeout signal.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yep.

Knew it. Icing kickers is something I never got.
    Yeah it always seems to backfire I think it's classless and cheesy and just delays the game even more esp in the last minutes/seconds of the game.

Was losing interest in the nfl until this weekend, some of the best games in recent years. One hell of a win for the atl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I just wonder how that last timeout went when the Seahawks called timeout to ice the kicker. Carroll sure didn't make the timeout signal.
    Sure looked like he said Timeout to the ref when standing next to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Sure looked like he said Timeout to the ref when standing next to him.
    This. He must of.

Matty Ice is still Matty Ice though. I don't see their defense defending Kaepernick.

10+ Year Old Account
    They showed a clip of Carroll talking to the side judge before the kick, and yeah he never made any type of gesture or anything. The ref probably heard him say timeout and just assumed...

Oh well... should have taken the points instead of going for it on fourth down in the first half. If you are especially on the road, you always take the points...
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

You really have to feel good for Tony Gonzalez one of the best and classiest guys in the NFL. This late in his career finally gets his first playoff win. Even if you wanted Seattle you gotta at least be happy for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    You really have to feel good for Tony Gonzalez one of the best and classiest guys in the NFL. This late in his career finally gets his first playoff win. Even if you wanted Seattle you gotta at least be happy for him.
    Fitzgerald is still my vote for classiest guys in the NFL. Hes a beast though. I hate Julio Jones though. Always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    Oh well... should have taken the points instead of going for it on fourth down in the first half. If you are especially on the road, you always take the points...
    Disagreed. You need to take risks to win as an underdog. If you kick the field goal the other team senses you're scared and they feed off that.

I think Seattle played the game perfectly. The only glaring mistake they made was when Lynch fumbled in the first half. Atlanta just made more plays and they deserve the win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Ugh. Atlanta and Baltimore both win. Two of the worst teams in the playoffs heading in and both are in the championship games. Really the only worse team going in was Indy. This second round officially makes no sense. The Niners put up 40+, Flacco and Matt Ryan looked like actual quarterbacks. Atlanta can't run all season despite playing a host of the worst running defenses in the league and manages to run against one of the best run defenses. If Houston beats New England, I just give up.
    Atlanta and Baltimore had great starts to their seasons then their performance dipped. They've just hit peak again before the playoffs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Disagreed. If you're favored, ok, take the points. But if you're an underdog you need to take risks.

I think Seattle played the game perfectly. The only glaring mistake they made was when Lynch fumbled in the first half. Atlanta just made more plays and they deserve the win.
    No. Not after the outcome can you say going for it was worth it.

Tons of play calling mistakes. Offense played hard to come back from that and the defense couldn't close it up even after giving them more chances. I won't be hurt if Gus Bradly is gone. Darrel Bevell, I'd be very upset though. He took a team that was very anemic offensively and turned them into something else. I never expected the offense to build into what it became. I however expected the defense to be much better even before the playoffs. Losing to Miami and Detroit the ways we did is unacceptable.

Either way, looks like I'm rooting for an AFC team in the bowl. Any 3 of them I can root for over the NFC teams left.

I wouldn't say the Ravens were great. They won a bunch of close games that easily could have gone either way. They're playing much, much better in these past 2 playoff games than they have all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali
    No. Not after the outcome can you say going for it was worth it.
    You can't say "well they lost so it was a bad choice". Either it's a good decision or it's a bad decision. Sometimes risks don't work out. This time it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Atlanta and Baltimore had great starts to their seasons then their performance dipped. They've just hit peak again before the playoffs.
    I dont even think Id call it that. Sometimes you just win a game. It doesnt make you hot or not. You win and you lose. Happens all year long. There are upsets, games you dont expect, and times where one team clearly doesnt have their A game going. These weekend games were highly entertaining and surprising to me, some in which team won (Baltimore) but mostly because of how each team won. Kaepernick running wild on the Packers still leaves me scratching my head and Atlantas defense being non-exsistant in the second half I didnt expect. Nothing against Wilson he played great, but those receivers were just left all alone in so many cases.

Hearing Jimmy Johnson call Colin Kaepernick and I quote "one of the most talented QBs in the league" just made me spit out my drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Disagreed. You need to take risks to win as an underdog. If you kick the field goal the other team senses you're scared and they feed off that.

What did they do the previous week in Washington when they were down 14-0? They took the three points. Although the field goal wasn't the difference of the game vs. Washington, it still gives the team momentum, it gives the offense momentum; whereas, you go for it on fourth down and get stuffed, then the other team takes the ball down the field 80 yards or whatever the distance was and scores a touchdown... On the same play, the offensive line was unable to hear Wilson make a change before the snap and some assignment was missed on the play. Oh well... everyone has their own opinion, but I think at that point in the game, Seattle needed to just gain some kind of momentum, and the best opportunity for that was a field goal.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-01-13 at 09:42 PM.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple