Both games will be good next week, for sure. Pats vs Ravens is always a good matchup, and I'd really love to see the underrated Falcons take out the 49ers, although the second half of the game today for Atlanta was quite atrocious. Still, I think the most likely result for the Superbowl will be Pats vs 49ers, and I feel both of these teams were the best in their conference for the second half of the season. Not having Gronk is going to suck for the Pats, but as they've proven, no one player (well other than Brady) really turns the tides that much...plenty of players have been able to do what Gronk does best in his absence and deliver a solid win.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-01-14 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I figured Megatron would be in that list I mean he has been in the NFL now for a bit. Tony Gonzalez seems to just be money every year I don't know when that guy will ever decline in performance. DeMarcus Ware seems to be another player that is always solid to keep track of Witten of the Cowboys is a good mention as well.
    People tend to forget them, because, you know, Cowboys. But Witten has all the stat-breaking numbers, second only to Gonzalez in all of them for tight ends. And considering Tony Gonzalez is only second to Jerry Rice in ALL receivers receptions, it's a big enough feat to even be behind him.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reflecting back on the Falcons game and the season hasn't it been that way so far all year long. I mean Matt Ryan (Matty Ice for conscript) has 7 4th quarter comebacks this year. Falcons biggest wins this year have been decided in the 4th quarter and it just seems the kind of team they are. Also I wouldn't like to hear anymore Matt Ryan's Falcons can't win in the playoffs anymore he can take a breath of sigh now.

He can barely take a breath of sigh, ugh. I was so devastated today. I'm going to have a grumpy few days. Literally no reason to watch football now. Same fucking teams that do it every year are right back to where they should be aside from the Falcons.

If Baltimore doesn't win it and it goes to the 49ers or the Patriots i'm honestly going to wait a few years to watch football again, or at least until new teams get in there.

Please Jesus give me a win for Ray Lewis.

No , they sucks Broncos coaching staff choke on this and they suck

Raven are just really bad since the last 5 years they don't deserve a place in the high ends ( with the same players rofl)

And this game against the Broncos, look like a CFL game,,.....really

gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    No , they sucks Broncos coaching staff choke on this and they suck

Raven are just really bad since the last 5 years they don't deserve a place in the high ends ( with the same players rofl)

And this game against the Broncos, look like a CFL game,,.....really

gtfo
    I don't even know what you just said.

OT: In the last decade the NFC has only had one team twice in the Superbowl it has been somebody different every year it seems the AFC is different it's been Pats,Colt's,and Steelers. I want to see somebody different in the Superbowl like Ravens and Falcons.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    He can barely take a breath of sigh, ugh. I was so devastated today. I'm going to have a grumpy few days. Literally no reason to watch football now. Same fucking teams that do it every year are right back to where they should be aside from the Falcons.

If Baltimore doesn't win it and it goes to the 49ers or the Patriots i'm honestly going to wait a few years to watch football again, or at least until new teams get in there.

Please Jesus give me a win for Ray Lewis.
    Look at the bright side. If the Pats win we won't have to ever watch that stupid Ray Lewis spasmodic 'dance' again. If indeed his retirement is not just a team motivational publicity stunt.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    http://instagram.com/p/Uc31L4w4pS/

Wow, Seahawk fans lined up to welcome back the team as they arrived. Never seen anything like it, especially coming off a loss.

Well at least we have a team for the next few years. If we grabbed like Jennings or something and picked up a 3rd CB too replace Trufant I'd be happy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them grab up some OL. Some of those guys are garbago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Well at least we have a team for the next few years. If we grabbed like Jennings or something and picked up a 3rd CB too replace Trufant I'd be happy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them grab up some OL. Some of those guys are garbago.
    Moffitt was in for Paul Moquistan (I know I slaughtered that name) and Sweezy was in Moffitt's place at one point. Sweezy was getting lit up as usual. Moffitt was solid though.

It feels weird saying we wouldn't of got as far as we did if it wasn't for our QB. Hes done things that Hasselbeck couldn't do.

We'll draft defensively though. We got plenty of cap room for FA signings especially if we trade Flynn. Enough to pay Rice, Miller, Okung and Lynch and still a lot of change.

Btw, Miller was beasting today on a broken heel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I kinda want a Ravens v 49ers Superbowl lol
    best case scenario for me since I don't like the Patriots or Falcons, so it surely will be Patriots and Falcons

do they still air the puppy bowl? maybe I'll watch that

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    do they still air the puppy bowl? maybe I'll watch that
    Yes they do! It was fucking adorable last year.

/* edit */

DEAR GOD

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0a...lround-weekend

nfl.com yet again sees fit to jam more content onto a single page, now with a stupid dialog popup near the page telling me to make it a social experience. Jesus Christ, do they even care about having a clean website? I'd hate to have to be a dev for them.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-14 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yes they do! It was fucking adorable last year.
    I can't stand the commentator though. Hopefully they have a new one.

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Uhh... Does it really? Lets look at the 4 teams that won this weekend and where their defenses wouldve ranked compared to NFL team's averages this season

Baltimore Ravens: 35 Points Allowed (32nd) 415 Yards Allowed (31st)
    New England Patriots: 28 Points Allowed (30th) 434 Yards Allowed (31st)
    San Francisco 49ers: 31 Points Allowed (32nd) 361 Yards Allowed (21st)
    Atlanta Falcons: 28 Points Allowed (30th) 508 Yards Allowed (32nd)

Defense wins championships my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Uhh... Does it really? Lets look at the 4 teams that won this weekend and where their defenses wouldve ranked compared to NFL team's averages this season
    Uhh, okay. You can't legitimately compare one game to sixteen, as sixteen is a far better sample size.

Season:
    - Points Allowed: 21.5 (12th)
    - Yards Allowed: 350.9 (17th)
    - Pass Yards Allowed: 228.1 (17th)
    - Rush Yards Allowed: 122.8 (20th)

Season:
    - Points Allowed: 20.7 (9th)
    - Yards Allowed: 373.2 (25th)
    - Pass Yards Allowed: 271.4 (29th)
    - Rush Yards Allowed: 101.9 (9th)

Season:
    - Points Allowed: 17.1 (2nd)
    - Yards Allowed: 294.4 (3rd)
    - Pass Yards Allowed: 200.2 (4th)
    - Rush Yards Allowed: 94.2 (4th)

Season:
    - Points Allowed: 18.7 (5th)
    - Yards Allowed: 365.6 (24th)
    - Pass Yards Allowed: 242.4 (23rd)
    - Rush Yards Allowed: 123.2 (21st)

They certainly don't automatically guarantee championships, but I really don't see how you're making this claim, Jibjabb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pats vs. 49ers for the Superbowl - just as it should have been last year.

Patriots win, just as they should have last year.

In fact, the Pats should have won both Superbowls vs. the Giants.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense wins championships however teams built on defense doesn't win championships if that makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to strength on both sides of the ball?

Generally the team that scores the most points wins. (thank god for John Madden)
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

so the last 8 teams left standing are all capable of scoring points? stop the presses!

how do you think they got here?

ugh at your stupid numbers and your stupid agenda

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    They certainly don't automatically guarantee championships, but I really don't see how you're making this claim, Jibjabb.
    The claim is based on the fact that EVERY SINGLE team that is still alive is there because their offense racked up points. Each teams defense played like shit, look at how much points they all gave up, look at the yards. Yet they are still around because their offense was superior. Theres a reason guys like Lovie Smith are struggling to get hired again cause more and more people are realizing its about Offense and not Defense. Even the 49ers who would be considered a defensive team are only around still because Kaepernick ran wild, if he plays a average/modest game they lose since their defense clearly wasnt enough to contain Rodgers and the Packers.

You are showing their regular season numbers and Im saying that goes out the window in the postseason. The teams that are winning arent playing good defensively.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    so the last 8 teams left standing are all capable of scoring points? stop the presses!

how do you think they got here?

ugh at your stupid numbers and your stupid agenda
    How is it stupid? You dont think each team won because of offense?

That vaunted Seattle defense people were supposed to be so afraid of gave up 30, almost twice their average. They got the ball ran down their throat all game, these teams built on defense are getting exposed. Its offense all the way that is winning these games. There may have been a time where defense was the way to go, but I think this weekend as well as other aspects show it is an outdated way of thinking. All of the more recent Champions have made the game because of their offensive prowess as opposed to anything defensive.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-14 at 03:26 PM.