10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I really want the Ravens to win just because I am a huge Reed and Lewis fan. I'm leaning 49ers, but I was pretty heavily on the "Pats are going to kill the Ravens" bandwagon last week and that didn't even come close to happening. Two weeks to think about it though.

Speaking of the two weeks, I will probably lock this thread as an act of protest next Sunday. Anyone who acknowledges the existence of the Pro Bowl by talking about the Pro Bowl as it is happening deserves to be hit by a bus. Then again I'd have to figure out if the Pro Bowl is on Sunday or not and I'm not even going to put in the level of effort to check that.
    Hey man...

Wilson might be going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want the Ravens to win just because I am a huge Reed and Lewis fan. I'm leaning 49ers, but I was pretty heavily on the "Pats are going to kill the Ravens" bandwagon last week and that didn't even come close to happening. Two weeks to think about it though.

Speaking of the two weeks, I will probably lock this thread as an act of protest next Sunday. Anyone who acknowledges the existence of the Pro Bowl by talking about the Pro Bowl as it is happening deserves to be hit by a bus. Then again I'd have to figure out if the Pro Bowl is on Sunday or not and I'm not even going to put in the level of effort to check that.
    I think the next rule that comes out is going to be "no hitting anyone. At all". Just make it one of those competition things like I've seen on ESPN before. Like, the quarterback one had moving targets at certain distances, and they got points based on how close they got to the middle, and had a time limit/x number of balls.

You can bet on the pro bowl. Gambling makes everything fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    You can bet on the pro bowl. Gambling makes everything fun.
    Not the Pro Bowl. Not even the Pro Bowl.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro Bowl should just be an award and drop the game NBA should do the same. The only All-star type game that is worth watching is the MLB one because it actually means something. Pro Bowl could use some changes like being played 2 weeks after the super bowl and the conference that wins gets to pick kick return or kick in the Super Bowl the following year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    The only All-star type game that is worth watching is the MLB one because it actually means something.
    An exhibition game should never, ever, ever mean anything. Ever. Double Ever. Forever. Forever ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    But is he really gonna retire? motivational gimmick/publicity stunt?
    I'm not sure .. I think now that they at least won the AFC title he can retire happily. He 100% retires if they win.

On the other hand I think Tony Gonzalez will be pondering that 5% chance of a return for a while.

Pro Bowl should just be an award and drop the game NBA should do the same. The only All-star type game that is worth watching is the MLB one because it actually means something. Pro Bowl could use some changes like being played 2 weeks after the super bowl and the conference that wins gets to pick kick return or kick in the Super Bowl the following year.
    Nahhhh. The way the MLB does it with homefield advantage coming from the all-star is bullshit. The NBA all-star game is fun to watch because the players go all out and it's actually a really good game, usually one of the best in the regular season. The NFL one isn't because the players don't wanna get hurt so they play soft.

10+ Year Old Account
    An exhibition game should never, ever, ever mean anything. Ever. Double Ever. Forever. Forever ever.
    That's why they don't care because it doesn't mean anything there is no point of getting hurt to play in a worthless game. If they don't make it meaningful then they should just make it just an award without the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 05:47 PM ----------

Nahhhh. The way the MLB does it with homefield advantage coming from the all-star is bullshit. The NBA all-star game is fun to watch because the players go all out and it's actually a really good game, usually one of the best in the regular season. The NFL one isn't because the players don't wanna get hurt so they play soft.
    The only reason people watch the NBA all-star game is for the contest and whatnot. Most of the time the NBA all-star game is guys clowning on other guys like Shaq dribbling down the floor or Mcgrady's self lob dunk off the back board.

The only reason people watch the NBA all-star game is for the contest and whatnot. Most of the time the NBA all-star game is guys clowning on other guys like Shaq dribbling down the floor or Mcgrady's self lob dunk off the back board.
    McGrady and Shaq? So basically you haven't watched an all-star game in 5+ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I would want to see rather than the pro bowl:

1. Simon Says with Peyton Manning as simon
    2. Kickball
    3. Running backs playing double dutch
    4. NFL Spelling Bee
    5. WR/TE/whoever slam dunk contest
    6. Freeze Tag
    7. O-line D-line tug of war
    8. Obstacle Course
    9. Longest Drive Contest
    10. NFL Texas Hold 'em

I couldn't have hoped for a better Super Bowl. I would have been sad if it would have been the Patriots vs. Falcons.

I am going for the Ravens. Can't help but love (metaphorically) Ray Lewis.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not like any of us would actually be watching it

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who wanted to see Patriots/Falcons.

10+ Year Old Account
    McGrady and Shaq? So basically you haven't watched an all-star game in 5+ years.
    Just giving out examples off the top of my head. Really nobody plays defense and people just lob

I feel bad for Alex Smith, but I'm hoping for a SF win...but I honestly expect the Ravens to, they looked like the best team this week, plus they have Jesus on their side thanks to Ray Lewis and his special t-shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I feel bad for Alex Smith, but I'm hoping for a SF win...but I honestly expect the Ravens to, they looked like the best team this week, plus they have Jesus on their side thanks to Ray Lewis and his special t-shirt.
    I hope the Ravens win to I'm already tire of the Harbowl shit though. When you listen to as much sports talk radio as I do you tend to get tired of the topics of the week instead of the topics of the day. List of radio shows that I listen to Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, Doug Gottlieb, Mike and Mike, Colin Cowherd, SVP show, Lose Cannons, Jay Mohr, The John Feinstein show,Hill & Schlereth,Freddie Coleman Show, and the V show sometimes if I'm tired of stuff like the Harbowl or the Manti teo shit ill listen to local radio but it's pretty much just about college sports here in Arkansas.

I would say on avg I listen to about 10 hours of sports radio a day since I get to listen to it at work, on the way to work, on the way back from work and any other time in the car.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Things I would want to see rather than the pro bowl:

1. Simon Says with Peyton Manning as simon
    2. Kickball
    3. Running backs playing double dutch
    4. NFL Spelling Bee
    5. WR/TE/whoever slam dunk contest
    6. Freeze Tag
    7. O-line D-line tug of war
    8. Obstacle Course
    9. Longest Drive Contest
    10. NFL Texas Hold 'em
    You act like any of those wouldn't be entertaining

NFL spelling bee would be almost as good as the superbowl.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who wanted to see Patriots/Falcons.
    I did as well. Pats fan.

But SF and Balt played so dam good they deserve to be there. As always, the teams that wants it more usually wins.
    Operation Red Wing