Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Pro Bowl should just be an award and drop the game NBA should do the same. The only All-star type game that is worth watching is the MLB one because it actually means something. Pro Bowl could use some changes like being played 2 weeks after the super bowl and the conference that wins gets to pick kick return or kick in the Super Bowl the following year.
    That's actually why I Hate the MLB all-star game. WS HF advantage should be who has the best record. Period. But that's a discussion for the MLB thread, not this one.

I'm rooting for the Ravens because the thought of ANOTHER team beating us to 6 makes me a little sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Things I would want to see rather than the pro bowl:

1. Simon Says with Peyton Manning as simon
    2. Kickball
    3. Running backs playing double dutch
    4. NFL Spelling Bee
    5. WR/TE/whoever slam dunk contest
    6. Freeze Tag
    7. O-line D-line tug of war
    8. Obstacle Course
    9. Longest Drive Contest
    10. NFL Texas Hold 'em
    Texas Hold 'Em, and make them play with their own money. And attendance is mandatory.

If only they could win a game, though

apparently Belichick is catching some serious media heat (lawl) for not talking to reporters for CBS after the clock hit 0. Shannon Sharpe labelled it as being a "poor loser". Gotta love that coming from a guy who's highlight reels are littered with his sideline showmanship and being a poor winner and a show off.

Belichick does need some touch ups with how he handles a few things, but come on, he just lost the AFC title game, do you really think he wants to talk to anybody right then? Considering his post game pressers are super vague anyway.

Humorous note, Matt Ryan will not play in the pro bowl or dress, or show up...... Next man up......Russell Wilson. Ok seriously I love the guy, but it's just time to can the Pro Bowl for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    NFL spelling bee would be almost as good as the superbowl.
    Only if Lou Holtz was the questioner.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-01-22 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Only if Lou Holtz was the questionnaire.
    ....and your word is, thasthsquathsch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    apparently Belichick is catching some serious media heat (lawl) for not talking to reporters for CBS after the clock hit 0. Shannon Sharpe labelled it as being a "poor loser". Gotta love that coming from a guy who's highlight reels are littered with his sideline showmanship and being a poor winner and a show off.

Belichick does need some touch ups with how he handles a few things, but come on, he just lost the AFC title game, do you really think he wants to talk to anybody right then? Considering his post game pressers are super vague anyway.

Humorous note, Matt Ryan will not play in the pro bowl or dress, or show up...... Next man up......Russell Wilson. Ok seriously I love the guy, but it's just time to can the Pro Bowl for good.
    I think it's more because Belichick doesn't want to be asked about why they haven't had a Super Bowl appearance since the Spygate thing.

Harbowl is the worst possible outcome for this Super Bowl. I almost don't want to watch the two whiniest coach brothers throwing a tantrum at every call. The only positive from all of it is maybe they'll break out into a fist fight or something. That would be entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I think it's more because Belichick doesn't want to be asked about why they haven't had a Super Bowl appearance since the Spygate thing.
    So last year was just a bad dream? Thank God, I thought the Giants really DID beat us again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLVI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So last year was just a bad dream? Thank God, I thought the Giants really DID beat us again.

Not to mention, in my opinion, ravens/49ers was the best case scenario for this year's super bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Sorry, should have said won a Super Bowl since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I hope the Ravens win to I'm already tire of the Harbowl shit though. When you listen to as much sports talk radio as I do you tend to get tired of the topics of the week instead of the topics of the day. List of radio shows that I listen to Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, Doug Gottlieb, Mike and Mike, Colin Cowherd, SVP show, Lose Cannons, Jay Mohr, The John Feinstein show,Hill & Schlereth,Freddie Coleman Show, and the V show sometimes if I'm tired of stuff like the Harbowl or the Manti teo shit ill listen to local radio but it's pretty much just about college sports here in Arkansas.

I would say on avg I listen to about 10 hours of sports radio a day since I get to listen to it at work, on the way to work, on the way back from work and any other time in the car.
    The worst is when they became obsessed with Favre and Barry Bonds. The excruciating amount they overdid those stories was unbearable. Depending on what the hot topic is or who just won something I completely shut myself off from sports for a while until they get over it. Like when the Miami Heat won I cut myself off from all media since anymore slurping off Lebron James wouldve drove me insane.

Honestly same goes with Russel Wilson and the Seahawks. I have no problems with him or that team normally (I was huge on their side against the Steelers and still feel they got robbed), but the amount they were getting overhyped and overblown here and in the media was making me want them to lose more and more just so people would shut up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Only if Lou Holtz was the questioner.
    Plus Marshawn Lynch, Ndamukong Suh, and Terrell Suggs as the spellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Texas Hold 'Em, and make them play with their own money. And attendance is mandatory.
    Could make for an awesome charity event too. Okay, not really.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Plus Marshawn Lynch, Ndamukong Suh, and Terrell Suggs as the spellers.
    It would be even better of Terrel Suggs tried to spell every word with T-S-I-Z-Z-L-E
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    It would be even better of Terrel Suggs tried to spell every word with T-S-I-Z-Z-L-E
    And whenever someone would spell a word wrong, you hear "The icy winds of Northrend will consume your soul!" in Roseanne Barr's voice

So, the Ravens just pulled a Giants on the whole league. Team was good, not great through most of the year. Played well enough to make the playoffs, but not well enough to make anyone think they would do anything. Of all the teams that qualified, I thought they were better than the Colts, Bengals, and Falcons. That's it. But they caught fire at the right time, won a couple games where they were huge road underdogs, and made the Super Bowl. So I guess I have to pick the Ravens to win.

I loved how after the game was over Terrell Suggs ran out yelling at the Patriots

"Have fun at the Pro Bowl! Arrogant fucks!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently this is big news http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...wl-xxxvii-loss

Tim Brown blames the Raiders' Super Bowl XXXVII loss on Bill Callahan, the head coach at the time.

""We all called it sabotage ... because Callahan and Gruden were good friends. And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come. Literally walked off the field on us a couple of times during the season when he first got there, the first couple years.""

That's a lot of assumptions I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had nothing to do with the fact Callahan was using Gruden's old playbook, Gruden taught his D all their calls and that the team was being run by Gannon that season.

Callahan was useless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:17 AM ----------

Also apologies to Giselle who managed to avoid putting down the rest of her Husband's team this year, Wes Welker's wife however was a little less reserved:

Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-down-laser/

What do you guys think about this? Personally I'm all for the NFL making spots and 1st downs more accurate which is what I thought it was about. Turns out its just for a visual reference... Coming from somebody that watched a game from an endzone at a game, I had no issues telling where the first down markers were. They are pretty easy to see as is.